Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 1

A teacher’s free period should be the time when they can retreat to the confines of their room and not have to worry about the blank stares, spit balls, or constant snickering of students. Their room is like their shrine; Decorated with the appropriate posters of their choosing, right down to the personal trinkets on their desk. Knowing you can safely walk into your own class room is like a breath of fresh air after exiting the public restrooms at a McDonald’s. Unfortunately for old Mr. Biggs of Dover High School, he never got his dose of fresh air during his free fifth period.

---

“Did you bring it?” Asked the pink haired girl as her friend quickly hid behind the wall she was crouched next to. Her friend nodded, her blue hair falling over her shoulders.

“Yeah, it’s right here,” She said as she held something out on her palm. A devilish smile formed on the face of the girl with the pink pig-tails and she rubbed her hands together.

“Perfect!”

“Aya, are you sure we should be doing this? I mean, what if we get caught? My parents would kill me you know!” Aya was pulled out of her fantasy world and she quickly gave her friend a stiff look.

“Rin! Relax, we’re not gonna get caught. You’re the one who said that this was the perfect time to strike because Mr. Biggs ALWAYS goes downstairs to get his coffee. You stalked him for an entire week and we are not going to let that go to waste!”

Rin sighed. “Fine. But I didn’t stalk him,” She said under her breath. They hushed as a man with crew cut white hair walked out of his room and descended the stairs to the teacher’s lounge.

“Come on!” Aya and Rin jogged across the hallway and ducked underneath the windows of the nearby classrooms. On their hands and knees they crawled into a classroom wedged between two others at the very far corner of their school.

“How much time do we have Birdie?”

“At least 10 minutes Pepto.” Rin shot a glare at Aya and Aya gladly returned it.

“Just give me a boost. Might as well put all those hours of weight training you did last year to good use,” Aya said.

“Oh shut up,” Rin retaliated, her voice slightly strained as she wrapped her arms around Aya’s legs and lifted her up. Aya put her hands up against the ceiling to help steady their balance before moving one of the ceiling tiles. She pulled out their ‘secret weapon’ and smiled at it fondly.

“Make us proud little guy!”

“Aya! Hurry up and put it in there already. We’re supposed to be at the bathroom right now remember? It doesn’t take this long to go!”

Aya rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah.” She reached up to place the object in the ceiling but with a yelp she found herself swaying dangerously, her arm flailing in the air. She came crashing down next to Rin who was laying on her back on the ground trying to recover from shock.

“Augh, Rin we were so--” She was cut off as someone in the doorway cleared their throat. Both girls’ eyes widened.

“Hello Mr. Biggs,” Rin said as she helped Aya up off the ground. The buttons on his shirt strained as he bent down and picked up the item that Aya had dropped when she fell. He turned it over in his hands, examining it, before looking up at the two girls in front of him.

“A beeper?” He looked as if he had just seen something from MTV that amused him with its stupidity.

“Well, its certainly not an elephant,” Rin said quietly. Her gaze was averted to her navy blue and white uniform shoes. Mr. Biggs’s face became tight and he dropped his arms to his sides before clenching his fists.

“I don’t know what kind of idiotic stunt you girls were trying to pull, but I do know that I’ll be seeing you in detention after school and that your parents will be receiving a phone call. Now, get back to where ever you need to be!”

“Sir, yes Sir!” The girls said in unison, saluting him to mock his military history. Seeing his face turn red they quickly scurried across the room and out the door; Running down the hallway they held in their laughter.

When they turned the corner of a deserted hallway they broke out in a giggle fit. “The look on his face was priceless!”

“Yeah, but imagine what his face would have looked like if we had actually put the beeper in the ceiling and it kept going off during class!” Aya recomposed herself and nodded at Rin.

“Now THAT would have been the funniest thing to happen all year. Damn that Arnold Schwarzenegger wanna-be and his bad timing.”

“Come on,” Rin waved her friend after her. “We have to get back to English.”

---

Aya ran into the back of Rin as she came to a sliding stop before the open English classroom door. At the front of the room stood the teacher, leaning up against his desk with a knowing smile on his face. “Hello girls. Back so soon?” He asked sarcastically.

“Well you know us, we’re speedy little devils aren’t we Rin?” Rin looked behind her at her friend and gave her a cold look.

“He so knows!” She hissed quietly. Aya jabbed her in the back with her knuckles and Rin turned back to the English teacher with a smile of her own. “Oh yeah, Mr. Oliver, we’re the fastest this schools ever seen,” She said through clenched teeth. A couple of students sitting at the front of the class looked at each other and laughed quietly.

“So you didn’t take any detours huh?”

“Nope, notta one!”

Mr. Oliver sighed and took off his reading glasses before rubbing his temples. It wasn’t that he had a headache though. He was trying to shield the smile he was so desperately attempting to hold back. Every time he tried to be serious with these two girls their charm always got to him and he couldn’t help but let them off the hook. “Alright, just take your seats.”

“Yes Sir!” They both saluted him, much like how they did to Mr. Biggs, and skipped to the back of the classroom and took their seats. Mr. Oliver gave them a questioning look but Aya and Rin just smiled and held in their giggles.

---

It was almost 4:30 in the afternoon the last time Rin checked the clock that hung over Mr. Biggs’s classroom door. She glanced over at the old teacher to see him hiding behind today’s newspaper and then her eyes drifted to her friend seated next to her. Aya’s head was drooping down, her eyes closed, and drool falling from her mouth.

Evil plans rushed through Rin’s head as she quietly slipped her phone out of her pocket and flipped it open. After focusing the picture she was about to take on Aya, she quickly glanced over at the teacher’s desk again before snapping the picture. It turned out perfect and she put her phone back in her pocket.

Rin reached over and shook Aya’s shoulder. Her eyes snapped open and she rubbed her eyes lazily before looking over at Rin with a tired gaze. The blue haired girl pointed to the clock and then gestured to the door. Aya smirked and nodded.

Ten minutes later Mr. Biggs put down his paper and was about to dismiss the two trouble makers from their detention only to find his class room empty. He stood up, angry that they had left early, and moved to stand in the doorway and looked down the hallway. Rin and Aya were no where in sight.

He softly cussed underneath his breath and turned back into the classroom. Beep-beep, Beep-beep, Beep-beep. Stopping in his tracks his face fell in realization and he threw his newspaper at his desk in frustration. Not only did he have to stay after school for an hour to baby sit Rin and Aya, but now he had to look for the beeper they hid in his classroom as well. This was just not his day.

---

“Aya you are terrible!”

Aya smiled and brushed some imaginary dust off her shoulder. “Thank you, thank you very much.” Rin laughed and pushed her friend on the shoulder.

“You’d think that Mr. Biggs would have hidden the beeper in a drawer or something instead of leaving it lying out on his desk.”

“Just goes to show you how much smarter we are than him!” The satisfied look on Aya and Rin’s faces were soon gone. “But now he’s gonna call our parents.”

Rin shook her head. “No, I have an idea! We can just intercept the calls.”

“Honey,” Aya said as if she was talking to a three year old. “Your parents might not get home until 9 PM but that doesn’t mean we’re all that fortunate.” Rin rolled her eyes.

“Just answer it before your mom! Then go into, I don’t know, your closet or something and pretend to be her. Be positive Aya! IT WILL WORK!!”

The pink haired girl held up her hands in a surrendering fashion. “Okay, okay. I’ll give it a try, but you know I’m not good at changing my voice like you.” Rin glared at her friend. “Right, think positive. Anyway, I’ll talk to ya later!”

“See ya!” They waved good bye as they each went to their own house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it wasn't all too great or exciting, it is just the first chapter after all. And if any one really likes this story then I'll keep writing but I'm honestly making this up as I go along. I know what the main plot is but I'm just fuzzy on the details about whats gonna happen. Anyway, I hope you liked it and please comment about what you think of the story. I really REALLY appreciate all the comments I get and I love them so much. Thank you!