Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 11

The three girls wandered around the town for almost three hours. For most people the tour would have taken only an hour and a half, but the girls had often found themselves distracted by the many clothing stores that Ra’ Shari had taken them too. They had even gotten a few dresses for themselves. Ra’ Shari had managed to swipe a few gold coins from Micah without his knowing.

When the sky started to darken however, they knew it was time to head back to the house. As they neared their temporary home a delicious smell reached their noses. “What is that?” Rin asked while closing her eyes and inhaling deeply.

“That would be dinner. I was originally in charge of cooking when I first came here, but after the guys had a run in with my deadly cupcakes they decided that I should resign from kitchen duty. It’s usually Chase’s job now, and he’s turned out to be damn good at it too.” Ra’ Shari headed up the steps first and pushed the door open. “We’re home!” An assortment of hellos came from the guys who were lazily sitting in the living room.

Micah came walking out of his room with his usual stern face. “Where’s my money?” He asked Ra’ Shari. She quickly hid the bags she had been carrying behind her back and smiled up at him sweetly.

“What money?”

He looked behind her and noticed the logo on the bags, and he recognized it instantly as the one from her favorite clothing store. “Oh you didn’t! You bought MORE dresses?! How many do you need woman?”

“They’re not for me! I bought them for Rin and Aya,” Said Ra’ Shari. Micah’s eyes flicked to the two girls standing behind her and they skimmed over their current dresses.

“Well yours are a little big on them.” Ra’ Shari gasped and put a hand over her heart.

“What are you saying?” Micah looked at her with wide eyes, knowing his mistake, and he started stuttering but the woman cut him off. “Are you saying that I’m fat?! How dare you!”

“That’s not what I meant!” Ra’ Shari pushed past the distraught man in front of her then stormed into the living and set the bags down next to the couch.

“You know what Micah? This is where you’ll be sleeping tonight,” She said as she pointed a finger at the couch.

“And you really think you can kick me out of my own room?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. “I really doubt that’s going to happen anytime soon hon.” Ra’ Shari glared at him but soon a somewhat evil looking smile had formed on her face, and she walked back into the hallway.

“I may not be able to kick you out of OUR room, thank you very much, but I can go to SLEEP at ten o’clock or whenever it is that you get needy,” Ra’ Shari said as she jabbed him in the chest with one of her fingers.

“Not unless I’m stressed.”

“Well…fine. Otherwise you’ll be up all night tossing and turning! One minute your on your back, then your stomach, then your side, then your other side, and you use my chest as a pillow, but then your practically on top of me, and then you manage to make it over to my other side. Do you know how annoying that is?” Without hearing what he had to say, the blonde woman made her way into the kitchen when she noticed that Rin and Aya were no longer standing in the hallway.

Sure enough they were in the kitchen talking quietly to Chase as they dished up their plates with food. Obviously Chase had tipped them off that it was best to get their food earlier than the others as to make sure that there was still food left. They were, of course, in a house with six guys…enough said.

The woman’s eyes flicked down to the tampon still laying in the corner of the kitchen. “Are you kidding me? No one picked this up?” She bent down and wrapped her fingers around it before turning around to face all of the guys in the living room. “Hey, what is wrong with you people? Could you at least try and act like mature men your age? I mean, just watch.” Ra’ Shari threw the tampon at Micah and she watched it bounce off his chest and fall to his feet. He looked down at the tampon and then calmly looked back up at Ra’ Shari with a confused look on his face, clearly not knowing what had provoked her to throw such a thing at him. “See? Micah didn’t have a panic attack now did he? No one wonder your all single,” She growled as she stalked back into the kitchen to get her food.

Raf still looked at the tampon warily before looking up at Micah with horrified eyes. “What has she done to you man?” Micah shrugged.

“A lot…but trust me, it is SO worth it.”

---

Soon everyone had their food and they crowded around the small table, though some had to stand by the counter and eat for there weren’t enough chairs for everyone. They had gotten used to taking shifts. One day these people would give up their seats and the next day those people would give up their seats.

“So is Earth really as horrible as Ra’ Shari says it is?” Asked Soren who was sitting on the two girls’ immediate left. Luka, who was to their left, listened in on the conversation as well.

“No, we don’t think Earth is horrible at all. If we didn’t like it we wouldn’t be going back,” Aya said as she shoveled in another mouthful of food.

Rin took a small bite of bread and chewed it slowly. “Aya’s right. There’s so many fun things to do on Earth. Like going to the movies, going to the beach, going shopping, going camping, going on a bike ride, roller blading, ice skating, even school is fun sometimes.” Her list would have gone on forever if she had gotten the opportunity, but the shouts of anger coming from the blonde woman cut her off.

No one really paid attention to the fight that Ra’ Shari and Sin were having, but they could still hear them. Sin was calmly sitting on the opposite side of the table and would tranquilly provoke Ra’ Shari, who ended up yelling at the top of her lungs. Rin and Aya didn’t know what they were arguing about and all they caught from Ra’ Shari’s heated words was something about squirrels and pink tissue paper.

Finally, after a few minutes of provoking her, Sin had managed to push Ra’ Shari just over the edge. Something he had said managed to make the woman shoot up to her feet and slam her hands down on the table, almost as if she was ready to jump across it and gag him with his own spoon. But when she had slammed her hands down, one of them had clipped her fork, which ended up catapulting a huge glob of mashed potatoes through the air.

SPLAT!

The room fell silent as Micah raised one of his hands and wiped the glob off of his face, leaving finger smears in the stuff that he hadn’t managed to get. He flicked the potatoes onto his own plate before calmly standing up. On the outside he didn’t seem to be too upset, but most of them knew that he was a time bomb ready to go off at even the littlest thing that annoyed him.

“I’ll be in my room.” With that he turned and walked silently out of the kitchen and into his room. Ra’ Shari sat down and everyone proceeded to finish their meal with little conversation.

---

After dinner most of the guys headed to their rooms to do whatever it was that they were planning to do, but Ra’ Shari herded Rin and Aya into the living room. There was a leather couch in the middle with two matching chairs on either side of it facing each other, and opposite the couch stood a large fireplace. Ra’ Shari had them sit down on the floor in front of the dormant fire place and she too sat down with them to form a circle.

She asked them all sorts of questions. What their families were like, where they went to school, who their friends were, what their classmates were like, and other such things.

They told her practically everything they could and in turn Ra’ Shari told them some stories about her life when she lived back on Earth. For almost forty minutes they sat there and talked happily until they were interrupted.

Micah walked out of his room and walked over to the corner of the wall to the living room’s entrance then put his arm up against the corner and rested his forehead on his arm. “Ra’ Shari.” With a sigh she looked up at him, opening her mouth to say something, but her face quickly fell with an irritated look and her mouth closed.

“Why is it that you constantly nag me about wearing dresses that are ‘too low cut’ and yet you can walk around in nothing but shorts?” Both Rin and Aya’s faces had turned a light pink color due to embarrassment. Sure they had seen guys walk around in a simple pair of shorts and nothing else before, but they had mostly been the guys in their grade and lets face it, none of those 17 year olds had a body anywhere close to being as great as the one the man standing before them had.

“Well how about this: The sooner you come to bed, the sooner I will be covered up more ‘decently,’” Said Micah.

“Psh, that is a blatant lie!” The blonde woman turned to Aya and Rin. “I’m sorry about him, really.” Rin had already diverted her eyes to the ground in front of her, but the light colored scar that ran from just underneath Micah’s hip bone then up along his ribs in a slightly curved line had caught Aya’s attention.

She nodded her head slightly, gesturing towards the scar. “How did that happen?” Ra’ Shari turned towards her and smiled.

“It looks pretty cool huh? He got it about two years ago. It was when I first woke up to find myself in that huge forest, and I just managed to stumble upon this meeting sort of thing going on between a group of bad guys. Yeah, they were supposed to keep it a secret so when they saw me they tried to kill me. That’s when Micah showed up trying to be such a good guy by helping a stranger in need. But then he got stabbed or slashed or whatever with that knife and it freaked me out because I thought he was going to DIE,” She said giving Micah a quick glare before turning back to the girls. “After that, long story short, we got away and he lived.”

“Alright alright, enough with the chit chat! Can we move this along please?” Micah took his arm off the wall and gestured dramatically at the bedroom door.

“Hold on you impatient baby!” Ra’ Shari said as she rolled her eyes. “I’ll be there in five minutes.” Micah threw his arms up in the air and stalked back into his room. “I think you two should go to bed as well. Amaranta probably said that she wouldn’t have any information for you until two days from now, but knowing her she’ll probably have something for you tomorrow. Oh, and before I forget!” Ra’ Shari jumped up and ran into her room. Rin and Aya could a hear a slight commotion coming from the room, but after a few minutes the door opened.

“Micah! My Gods just wait man!” Ra’ Shari yelled as she hurtled out of the room and slammed the door shut quickly. After making her way over to the two girls still sitting on the floor she held something out to them on the palm of her hand. Rin raised an eyebrow as she took the key the woman had offered them, not understanding why they would need it.

“It’s for the bathroom. Remember it’s the second door on your left, and I know neither of you have been in there yet. That key opens the first door on your left once you walk through the bathroom door. If you go in the bathroom it’s a little different then what your probably used to because there’s three small rooms on the left and then two larger ones on the right. The right ones have bathtubs in them and the ones on the left have toilets. I managed to change the door knob on the first bathroom door and I’m the only one who has a key, well, except for you of course. There was no way I was going to share a bathroom with six guys. Anyways, we should all get to bed so I’ll see you two in the--”

She was cut off as her bedroom door was thrown open and a tense Micah strode over to her. Without even so much as a word of explanation he bent down and wrapped his arms around Ra’ Shari’s legs before picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. “Night,” she called to Rin and Aya before sighing heavily as Micah turned and walked back into the room and slamming the door. Clearly he was irritated.

“I don’t even want to know,” Aya said as she headed down the hallway. Rin quickly bounded after her.

“Neither do I, but I seriously think she’s psychic! I have to go to the bathroom so badly,” the blue haired girl exclaimed as she sped into the bathroom. Aya shook her head and continued to their room to retire for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry everyone. I know it took me forever to get this chapter out...but it's longer than usual. Does that make you feel a little better? And I know I've been focusing on Ra' Shari (so you can get to know her better) but it's because, like Rin and Aya, she is a major character.

**And I was reading Chapter 9 a while ago, and it was towards the end that I noticed something was off. Cade had fallen down and Ra' Shari had walked over to him and Micah and I know it sounded like she was totally picking on Cade but it was really Micah that she had kicked and everything. Sorry if that confused any of you guys. I fixed it though.**

Anyways, please comment and Thank You for reading!