Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 13

“So what did ya find?” Ra’ Shari asked the dark haired woman sitting at the ivory desk. Amaranta raised an eyebrow at her, silently questioning the blonde woman as to why she must always be so informal. Amaranta was, after all, the leader of The Middle Town so she deserved respect.

“Not much, but what I did find is quiet important.” She held out on of her hands at shoulder height and swiftly moved it upwards. Three ivory chairs rose up through the ground and Amaranta nodded towards them, telling the three to have a seat. Amaranta’s eyes turned to Rin and Aya. “I’m sure you know of Nocturia and Lumineras, no?”

Both girls nodded their heads. “Most likely that’s all they told you so I shall explain everything else to you. A war is going to take place soon. Akos, the leader of Lumineras, and Shyamal, the leader of Nocturia, are both looking to expand their territory and the only logical target is The Middle Town.”

“Couldn’t they just find a different city if they need another one so badly?” asked Aya.

Amaranta shook her head lightly and stood up from her desk. “That is not possible for there are only three cities in this world: Nocturia, Lumineras, and The Middle Town. Ever since the beginning of Time, Lumineras and Nocturia have fought over territory, like the sea that separates them, but they have been in a stalemate over that for quiet some time. The same goes for the forest, but there had always been a somewhatmutual agreement to keep that free for everyone, and since there is nothing in the desert of value they don’t fight over it.”

She gracefully walked over to the trees and skimmed over the contents on their shelves before wrapping her fingers around a dark purple, velvet pouch. Moving back to her desk and sitting down she dumped the contents of the pouch onto her desk, and the three girls noticed that they were all pendants, circular in shape and no bigger than a quarter in size.

“What are those for?” Ra’ Shari had always been somewhat obsessed with jewelry and pendants and such. The clear pendants had intrigued her and she couldn’t help but be sucked into the mystery that they held.

“All in good time Ra’ Shari. All in good time,” Amaranta spoke calmly. “When the war finally does occur one of the cities will most definitely come out on top, but since we are such a small city we will have no way to defend ourselves. Lumineras and Nocturia are very militaristic and practically everyone is taught how to fight. The Middle Town is more interested in peace rather than war, though we do have a small army of men and women that know how to fight. The people you were staying with are, in fact, our best and most skilled fighters.

“So just as an example of what would happen, let’s say that Lumineras won against Nocturia and conquered The Middle Town. From there they would move to Nocturia and reign over the survivors, and soon they would have dominated this whole world. The satisfaction of victory and power would be too much for them however, and they would soon begin to crave more…leading them to travel to your own world and conquer that as well.”

“So Earth is practically doomed?” Rin asked with a slightly terrified look on her face. The pink haired girl sitting next to her had been wondering the same thing.

“This world and your own would have been doomed…but I had managed to find something that could prevent that.” A smug smile formed on Amaranta’s face.

Ra’ Shari looked at her curiously, and she leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees. “It’s a prophecy isn’t it?”

The dark haired woman sitting at the desk closed her eyes and nodded, still with the smile on her face. “Yes, it is a prophecy about the Chosen one. It sounds awfully unique doesn’t it? Anyways, this Chosen one was created by Destiny, Fate, and Time and they are given a specific task, if you will. Of course, they were created quiet a long time ago and they have been reincarnated many times.”

“And let me guess, we get a short little description of them right? Most likely it will tell us nothing at first but once we find this Chosen one it will make total sense?” Rin and Aya looked to their left and gazed at Ra’ Shari with raised eyebrows. She simply shrugged. “I read things.”

“Yes we do have a script, it’s called, of who this Chosen one is. A daughter of Water: Blessed by the Moon, and Kissed by the Sun. It is my belief that this Chosen one might very well be on Earth because it’s the only logical explanation for why there was a portal connecting this world and theirs.”

“Could it be one of them?” asked Ra’ Shari as she pointed at Rin and Aya.

Amaranta shrugged nonchalantly. “Maybe. There is no way to tell for sure yet, but once I dig deeper into the matter and find more resources on it then maybe I will find something that will give us more clues. But for their sake they better pray that they aren’t the Chosen one. It is true that the Chosen one will save this world by stopping the war over The Middle Town, but in the process they must sacrifice themselves.”

Looks of pure horror consumed both girls’ faces and they looked at each other before looking back at Amaranta. “Your kidding right?” The woman shook her head.

“And I’m afraid that is all I know…for now of course.” Amaranta noticed the eager look on the blonde woman’s face and saw her eyes flick down to the pendants resting on the desk. “Yes, yes I will now explain these. I have never actually known what these clear pendants were for until recently. It will probably be best if you sit back and simply watch as I prepare them.”

She picked one up between her index finger and thumb before setting it in front of her. Amaranta raised one of her hands and set it on top of the orb before pointing at the pendant with the index finger of her other hand, an inch of space between the two. Her eyes closed and for a few seconds nothing happened, and all three girls were quiet unimpressed, but then they noticed that a stream of sparkling light started to swirl and slither around her finger like a snake. When it reached the tip of her finger it shot down quickly into the pendant, and it almost looked like the pendant had absorbed the light. Instantly the pendant turned white.

“Sweet!” Ra’ Shari exclaimed. “But what is it supposed to do now?”

“You really have no patience do you?” The blonde woman simply gave Amaranta a large, toothy grin. To Rin and Aya she reminded them of the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. “They will allow whoever is wearing the pendant to control whatever element is in it.” It didn’t seem quiet possible, but Ra’ Shari’s eyes lit up even more.

Amaranta quickly grabbed another pendant and placed her finger above it once again before closing her eyes. Soon what looked like a stream of black smoke started swirling around her finger before shooting down into the pendant and turning it onyx.

“Wait wait wait! You said element right? Shouldn’t that just be Earth, Water, Air, and Fire?” Aya asked. She had always been the logical one and this world filled with magic and dudes with wings was almost starting to annoy her. It was basically the fact that she didn’t know what was going to happen that was irritating.

“Those are the four primaryelements. Many people forget about secondaryelements such as Light and Darkness.” As she closed her eyes a third time, flames started swirling around her finger and after the pendant absorbed it it turned a bright red color. As she went onto the fourth pendant thin vines started twisting around her finger wildly, and like all the other times before, it was pulled into the pendant. This one turned dark green.

A stream of water was the next thing to appear around her finger and it turned the pendant dark blue. With the last element a thin tornado twisted around her finger before sinking into the pendant and turning it a light, blue-gray color. Amaranta had gone through Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Earth, and Air…but there was still one pendant left.

With the last pendant her face muscles tightened and golden sparks started snapping and popping around the hand that was placed on the orb. A few seconds later though, the golden sparks started waving, swirling, and whipping around her finger almost like little lighting bolts before being drawn into the pendant with a flash of yellow light.

“Which one was that?” asked Rin, her brows knitted together as she racked her brain for a possible answer. Aya looked over at Ra’ Shari, but even she shrugged her shoulders not knowing what it had been.

“So who are these pendants going to?” The blonde woman asked nosily.

Amaranta rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh. “To our best fighters of course. They will be in charge of finding the Chosen one and making sure she is safe. Akos and Shyamal will no doubt find out about this Chosen one soon, and to prevent her from stopping the war they are going to try and kill her.”

“Wait, your talking about Micah, Chase, Sin, Raf, Luka, and Soren right?!” It was almost as if she hadn’t even heard the part about someone possibly getting killed. Amaranta nodded. “Who gets what?”

“We will deal with that later. Right now we need to get these two home to their families.” Amaranta stood once more and made her way into the middle of the room. She kneeled and placed her hand down on the ground before chanting a few incoherent words underneath her breath, and she quickly stepped back as a hole started to from. Within seconds the hole was roughly five feet in diameter when the ground stopped caving in on itself.

Aya stared at the hole, one of her eyes larger than the other, and she looked at Amaranta like she had lost her mind. “Are you expecting us to jump down that thing?! No way lady!”

“Come on Aya, don’t be so negative!” said Rin with a smile on her face. She stood up from her seat, which was quickly pulled back into the ground, and she strolled over to the hole. When she looked down into it all she could see was never ending darkness. Following suit, Aya made her way over to her friend, deciding to give it a chance only because she was dying to get back home to the world that she was used to.

“I hope we will get to meet again Aya and Rin,” Amaranta said as she walked over to them.

Aya narrowed her eyes slightly. “I highly doubt that we will be coming back any time soo--AHHHHHH!” She was cut off as Amaranta pushed both girls over the edge of the hole, and they both fell with great speed, soon getting eaten up by the darkness that consumed the hole.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucky number 13 huh? Must be lucky because I finished it in less than 24 hours! Other than that I don't really have anything else to say about this chapter. I know it wasn't very eventful, but I hope it was okay for you guys.

Thanks for reading and please comment!