Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 16

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me…THIS is what you have to wear for gym?!” Ra’Shari asked as she held up the pair of shorts that she had been given. “There is no way that my butt is going to fit in these.”

Aya shrugged while she pulled on her own pair of shorts. “You get used to it.”

“Let me guess…the guy’s get actual shorts don’t they? If they got shorter shorts I would almost feel bad for them because the only thing shorter than these is a Speedo.”

Rin tugged on the white t-shirt that went along with the gym uniform before grabbing her tennis shoes and putting them on. “Their shorts are knee length of course. But during the swimming unit they have to wear Speedos.”

Ra’ Shari froze, standing on one foot as she went to put her other leg into the shorts, and she looked up at Rin with raised eyebrows. “And when would this swimming unit be? Not that I care or anything…” she said with shifty eyes.

“Last two weeks of school which is about…uh, two weeks away.” The blonde woman grinned mischievously, but when she caught the two girls looking at her funny she quickly wiped the grin off her face and finished getting dressed.

---

The three girls made their way into the gym where their class was supposed to meet. Most of the students were there already, including all of the guys. “Wow, I didn’t know we stood out that much. I mean yeah, most of us are 19 and older…but still! I thought we would blend in more.”

“If you ask me Chase, Micah, and Raf are the ones that really stand out. The rest of the guys are a little bit slimmer and they fit in better with the boys at our school,” said Rin as she skipped along happily beside the two other girls.

All of a sudden Ra’ Shari thought of something. Slightly random? Of course. “So, do either of you two have boyfriends?”

A sour look immediately appeared on Aya’s face. “Heck no, and personally I would like to keep it that way.” The blonde woman mentally cursed at this. She had been hoping that they, especially Rin, had boyfriends and maybe it would tie in with the ’Kissed by the Sun’ part of the prophecy but apparently not.

By now they had reached the large group of students and Rin and Aya quickly melted in with the crowd, casually talking to fellow classmates, while Ra’ Shari made her way over to the group of guys standing a little ways away in their own group. She was about to ask Raf if he was absolutely sure that Aya couldn’t possibly be the Chosen one, but she soon became distracted when she noticed Micah staring at her butt. “So far I’m liking this class,” he said.

“Hey, if I bend over can you see my underwear?” she asked as she bent at the waist slightly.

“CAN‘T YOU DO THIS SOMEPLACE ELSE?!” Raf asked heatedly. Ra’ Shari glared at him, fire burning in her eyes, and she stood back up slowly.

“Uh yeah, you can see them a little bit but it’s not THAT bad. And since when did you have underwear that looks like that?”

The woman grinned smugly. “I managed to stop at an old, personal favorite store that I used to go to when I still lived in this world. A little place I like to call…Victoria’s Secret.”

“So you went underwear shopping? Without me?!”

She glared at him and poked him in the chest roughly. “You do not ALWAYS have to come with me, and the last time you came you wouldn’t let me buy the pink underwear!”

Micah walked around to her side and put his arm around her shoulders casually. “Because pink does not do the greatest job of turning me on.” Ra’ Shari scratched her chin, thinking this over in her head.

“You don’t like pink huh? I will most definitely be sure to remember that.” Plans of going to the nearest store and buying all of their pink underwear started filling her head, but before anything else could be said a short lady wearing a track suit walked into the gym from a side door. She was holding onto a clip board, and as soon as she reached the group of students she pulled out a pencil, which had been tucked behind her ear, and she started calling off names to see which students were gone.

“Alright everyone! Last day of volleyball so I’m going to let you pick your teams AND your opponents. Get to it!” said the gym teacher, also known as Ms. Hamilton. Rin and Aya immediately headed over towards Ra’ Shari and the others with someone following right behind them.

“Everyone, this is Chaz.” Charles nervously smiled and waved to the group who simply stood there staring at him. The blonde woman looked between the boy and her group of friends, waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did.

She sighed heavily, disappointed in all of the guys, and she quickly stepped forward to shake his hand. “Nice to meet you. I’m Ra’ Shari.” From there she proceeded to introduce him to the guys. “So,” she said. “We have ten people so that means five on each team? How about Aya, Chase, Luka, and Soren come with me and Rin, Micah, Sin, Raf, and Chaz are on the other team? Seem fair?” Everyone nodded and the two teams separated before heading to a court.

“Wouldn’t it have been easiest if you were on the same team as Rin?” asked Chase curiously as he took his place on the court next to Ra’ Shari.

She waved her hand with a smug smile on her face, telling him not to worry about it. “You don’t think I’m that stupid do you? I can still talk to her and in doing so I’ll distract her from her game. That way it will be like her team is short one man…or woman I guess. I also purposely split Raf and Soren up because they know each other so well that they practically know what the other is going to do before they actually do it.” The blonde woman waved, twiddling her fingers, at Micah on the other side of the net. “I also split me and Micah up on purpose too. This way I can show him who the superior one really is! Blahaha!”

“Did you just say Blahaha?”She turned her head in Chase’s direction quickly, her eyes narrowed, and she looked at him suspiciously.

“Maybe…what’s it to you?” He held his hands up, backing away from her slightly.

Let the games begin…

---

They played for a few minutes, no interruptions, and everything was pretty even amongst the two teams. “Hey Rin!” Ra’ Shari shouted. The blue-haired girl quickly looked at her, but she had to look away again when the ball came right for her and she narrowly sent it back over the net. “Your hair is such an interesting color. Is it naturally blue like that?”

“Yeah why?”

“Nothing nothing!” She turned her head to Chase. “She naturally has blue hair…that might have something to do with the Water part.”

He nodded apprehensively. “Yeah, but so does Soren but that doesn’t mean he’s the Chosen one. Amaranta said A daughter of Water…try asking about her parents.”

“So what are your parent’s names?” During the rotation Ra’ Shari had moved up to the front of the net where it just so happens Rin was standing.

Rin looked at her with an odd expression on her face, most likely thinking that Ra’ Shari was insane and slightly creepy, but she answered the question non-the-less. “Natalie and Elijah.” There was another rotation which put Rin at the back of the court.

“Damn, neither of those names have any connections to Water, Moons, or Suns.” She absent mindedly scratched the side of her face as she thought harder about their names.

“Ra’ Shari!” She looked up just in time to see the volleyball coming straight for her head, but in only a matter of seconds Chase stepped forward and blocked the ball from reaching her. As a result however, Chase collided with the slightly dazed and confused woman causing them both to loose their balance and plummet to the hard wood floor beneath them.

Ra’ Shari’s eyes widened as the wind was knocked out of her, and her head hit the floor with a light thud.Chase was slightly dazed, just like Ra’ Shari, but he quickly snapped out of it and he removed his body from on top of hers. “Dear gods…I’m so sorry.” By now everyone was gathering around them. Micah ducked underneath the net quickly and kneeled down next to Ra’ Shari.

“Hey, you okay?” She nodded while reaching up with her hand and grabbing onto Micah’s shirt to help pull herself up.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said once she was sitting up. The room was spinning slightly but as soon as she settled herself down the room quickly stilled. Micah grabbed onto her arms and helped her stand up and steady her as she wobbled on her feet.

Rin watched her worriedly. “Does she need to go to the nurse?”

Ra’ Shari quickly shook her head and pulled away from Micah slightly so she was mostly standing on her own. “No no. I said I was fine.”

“Well at least sit out for a little while just to make sure.” It took a while to convince the stubborn woman to simply sit out and watch the game, but eventually she gave into Micah’s nagging in hopes that he would stop worrying about her.

---

“So where did you guys learn to play volleyball?” asked Aya as they all traveled down the hallway.

“I taught them a few things when I first came to their world, and we went over how to play the sports you have on Earth this morning before we came here.” To everyone’s relief Ra’ Shari had managed to fully recover from her fall in only a few minutes.

Rin turned so she was facing the blonde woman. “And what was with all those weird questions?”

“They think one of us is the Chosen one,” said the pink-haired girl tartly.

“And we still aren’t done interrogating you two either. That’s why we’re going to hitch a ride with you at the end of the day so we can head back to one of your houses.”

Both girls looked at Ra’ Shari like she had grown another head. “No way! Besides, my Highlander can only fit seven people and there’s nine of us,” Aya protested.

Ra’ Shari gave them both a sly smile. “Oh trust me, we’ll fit. Now let’s hurry and get to lunch. I’m starving!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know that it's so uneventful...and slow...and boring. I'M SORRY!!! *deep breath*

Hopefully I can speed this thing up because once they manage to get back to the other world things should get more exciting.

So yeah, please comment if you want of course and thanks for reading!