Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 2

“So I’m guessing you got to the phone before your mums did?” Aya nodded her head as she snuck into Rin’s room via the window.

“She was too busy chasing Tesa around the house because she gave mom a titty twister.”

Rin shook her head. “If I ever did that to my mom she’d ship me off to an insane asylum. Wait, what are you doing?” Aya had grabbed Rin’s lab top and flopped down on her friend’s bed, the computer resting on her stomach.

“Seeing if Chaz is on. We need to find out if he’s doing anything this weekend cause we haven’t seen him for a month.”

“It’s only been two days.”

Aya’s eyes widened and it gave her a crazy look. “Yeah, because of that damn drama club he’s in! I swear, we need to sabotage them and then we can have Chaz all to ourselves.” She furiously tapped at the keyboard, entering her e-mail address and password into Messenger. “Yes, he’s on,” She said and Rin quickly jumped onto the bed beside Aya so she could see the screen.

Aya:Jerk!

Charles:What did I do now?

Aya:You haven’t had your daily Aya & Rin time for two whole days!

Charles:Sorry chickies, drama club is my main priority right now.

Aya:Which is why your quitting.

Charles:Say what?

Aya:You can either quit and spend some good quality time with your friends like a good little boy……OR we can destroy your precious little club. And don’t think we wont!

Charles:How about you get me Friday through Sunday.

Aya:And lunch. No more going to the dang auditorium.

Charles:Deal.

Aya:Okay, court is adjourned. See you tomorrow Chaz!

Charles:Bye Aya, bye Rin. Stay out of trouble!

Aya:Easier said than done my friend.

“Tsk, tsk. What a butthead,” Aya said while shaking her head and making a face.

“At least he stopped calling himself Charlemagne.” Rin squinted her eyes to see the website that Aya had typed into the computer. “David’s Bridal?” Aya looked surprised by Rin’s raised eyebrow.

“What?! Haven’t you ever just gotten the urge to look at wedding dresses?”

The door to Rin’s room opened and both girls looked up quickly at Rin’s father. He looked tired and much older than he really was, his dark brown hair sticking up wildly in different places and his loosened tie hung around his neck. “Oh, I didn’t know you were over Aya. Nice to see you again.”

“Hello Mr. Sanders” He smiled tiredly and rubbed his forehead.

“What are you girls up to?”

“Looking at wedding dresses,” Aya said with a devious grin. Mr. Sanders’s brow furrowed and he chuckled lightly.

“Is someone getting married?”

Aya nodded enthusiastically and said, “Heck yeah. Your daughter!”

“Really? To whom might I ask?” He looked intrigued by where this was going and he knew they were just joking around, but in the back of his mind he wondered if his daughter was really seeing a boy.

“Mr. Dover’s son.”

“Aya! That’s disgusting!” Rin screeched.

“Mr. Dover? The principle of your school? I thought his son had a rather repulsive name.” Rin’s face grew red and she was fighting the urge to grab her pillow and shove it over Aya’s face to suffocate her.

“Yeah, Ben!”

“Ben Dov--” His face turned bitter. “Never in a million years, Rin, are you ever going to be interested in a boy with a name like that. Got it young lady?”

Rin rolled her eyes, not believing that her father was actually worried about her liking a guy named Ben Dover. “Trust me dad, you don’t have to worry.”

“I hope not.” With that said, her father left after closing his daughter’s door.

Rin slowly turned her head to look at Aya, her eyes narrow slits filled with pure hatred. “I hate you Aya Adams.”

“Oops, would you look at that?” Aya said taking a quick glance at an imaginary watch around her wrist. “Time for me to go. See ya Birdie!” And with that she skillfully hopped out of the window and scaled her way down to the ground before running off to her house next door.

---

Aya yawned tiredly as she shut her locker and grabbed her notebooks for her first period class. When she turned to leave she stopped short in her tracks as she screamed, almost dropping her books in the process. There stood Rin, standing only inches away with a huge grin on her face.

“Morning!” Aya eyed her friend suspiciously. Rin was a fairly happy girl but this was just over doing it.

“What have you done?”

Rin drew back, almost hurt by the statement, placing a hand over her heart. “Can’t I just say hello to my best friend in the whole wide world?”

“You want something. I can tell. The answer is no by the way. You still owe me from the time you ended up at an S&M club because your date got drunk and he wanted to ‘get to know you better.’ You interrupted my Grey’s Anatomy marathon when you called and asked me to pick you up.” Aya turned, deciding to take the long way to her History class, and Rin trailed on her heels.

“How he got into the club, the world may never know! He was 5’2” for heaven’s sake!” Her face became serious. “It was probably those hideous platform shoes he was wearing.”

“Do you even remember his name?” Aya asked.

“Uh…eh? Hm, Leroy? No, no that’s not it. Leonard? It’s closer but no. Gosh dang what was his…Leopold! That’s it!” Aya’s face turned sour and she rolled her eyes.

“Why would you even consider going out with a guy named Leopold?!”

“He seemed like a nice guy.”

“And yet he got drunk, drove a car while being drunk, and then went to an S&M club. Yeah, sounds like a real grandma’s boy to me.” The pink haired girl turned around to face Rin with a raised finger. “The answer is still no.”

Before Rin could retaliate, a noise coming from one of the lockers she was passing caught her ear, and she looked at it warily. “Help me! Someone please help!” Came a faint voice.

“LOCKER GHOST!” Rin screamed and ran up to Aya, wrapping her arms around her throat and jumping on her back. Aya gagged as Rin’s arm squeezed her neck like a boa constrictor.

“Rin! Get off me you freak!” Aya was able to shake her off, but Rin still clung to her arm and hid behind her like a little kid.

“There’s a locker ghost! Right over there in that locker, it was talking,” She said, sincerely terrified. Aya rolled her eyes and headed over to the locker that Rin had pointed to.

“Will someone please get me out of here?” Said the locker ghost. Aya’s eyes widened.

“Holy crap, there’s a kid in here. Hey! Hey kid! Do you know the locker combo?”

“Yeah, 27-13-5!” As quick as her fingers would allow, Aya turned the lock to the indicated numbers before flinging the door open. She was about to reach in and grab the poor kid that had gotten locked in their own locker, but she stopped short when she saw who it was.

“Ben?!” The principle’s son looked up at her with much the same surprised expression.

“Aya?” The boy’s bright orange hair stuck to his forehead and he pushed the thick glasses that had fallen down his nose back up to where they were supposed to be. “I wasn’t expecting the school’s delinquents to be helping out students in need,” He said as he looked past her and saw Rin. It almost sounded as if he was congested, but Rin and Aya knew that that was just how he talked.

“Ugh!” Before Ben could stand up out of his locker, Aya slammed the door shut in his face. She could hear him yelling at her but she ignored his threats and simply walked away, dragging Rin behind her.

“So there wasn’t a ghost after all?” asked Rin and Aya shook her head. “Thank goodness! Oh,” She said and she stopped next to a stairway leading to the second floor of the school. “I’m gonna go to math okay? I’ll see you next period!” She waved goodbye to her friend before bounding up the stairs, and Aya sighed before walking to History.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I actually was able to update this story. And I know it's nothing amazing yet, but hopefully it won't take too long before I can get to the main plot of the story, then hopefully it will get better. For now let's just get to know the characters and their personalities.