Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 3

“Second period study hall with Mr. Biggs. Ten bucks says that he already found the beeper.” Rin said as Aya met up with her in the hallway.

“Your on! There’s no way that the old fart found it, I hid it too well.” Rin rolled her eyes and smiled at her friends bragging. The two girls soon came to the classroom they had snuck into only the day before, and they walked in calmly and took their usual seats next to each other. Mr. Biggs glared at them both before standing up from his desk when the bell rang.

“I expect everyone to be quiet and working,” Mr. Biggs said starting out the speech he gave before each of his study hall classes. “If you do not have anything to work I hope you have a book but if you do not have a book I will find something for you to do. There’s no use in just sitting there doing nothing. If there are any disturbances I WILL send you down to the office. Get to work.”

Rin and Aya watched him like a hawk as he sat down at his desk. They were both waiting in anticipation to see whether the beeper would go off or not. Ten minutes passed, then twenty, and then thirty. Rin looked over at Aya with a devilish grin on her face. In return, Aya stuck her tongue out at the blue haired girl.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Rin’s face fell. The other students in their class looked at each other questioningly and looked around the room for the source of the noise.

“Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.”

“DUMBLEDOR!!!” Rin yelled continuing what her friend started. Mr. Biggs sharply looked up from his desk and shook his head at Rin. She smiled sheepishly as the other students snickered in amusement.

“Psst, fork over the ten bucks Birdie!” Grumbling in displeasure Rin reached into the pocket of her school uniform and pulled out the ten dollars that her mom gave her for lunch before handing it to Aya.

Aya snickered in satisfaction. Quickly she held it up to the light to make sure Rin had actually given her real money and then shoved it into her own pocket.

---

It was sixth period Anatomy with Mr. Coleman, a fun-loving, childish, middle-aged man, and Rin and Aya sat in their seats bored out of their minds. Generally that class was pretty interesting, all thanks to their crazy teacher, but today was one of his rare ‘serious days’ and he was currently in the middle of writing something on the board.

Nonchalantly, Aya was chewing a piece of Juicy Fruit gum but in only a matter of minutes the flavor was gone. Making a face Aya perched the ball of gum between her lips and aimed for the garbage can which stood about seven feet in front of her. She sucked in some air and then spit the gum out.

She watched it soar almost in slow motion. It cut through the air like a knife with droplets of spit trailing behind it and Aya’s head moved with it’s motion.

PLOP!

The girl’s eyes widened. She poked Rin on the arm to get her attention. “What?” Rin whispered. Aya was still speechless so she quickly pointed to her mouth and pretended to be chewing gum, and then she pointed to the garbage can. Rin nodded her head, understanding what she was ‘saying’ so far. Aya pointed to the garbage and shook her head, indicating that it hadn’t landed in the intended object. Then, with a despaired face, she pointed to the cup that was sitting on Mr. Coleman’s desk.

With her mouth hanging opened Rin stared at the cup, faintly seeing a small blob sitting at the bottom. And then, to each of the girls’ horror, their teacher turned away from the board and grabbed the cup off of his desk. He stopped however just as he put the edge to his lips. With a stern face he looked up and caught sight of Aya fidgeting and sweating like crazy.

“Aya,” He said sternly. She took a nervous gulp.

“Yes, Mr. Coleman?”

“Do you know how this got in my glass?”

“It was an accident I swear!!!” She said hoping that she wasn’t going to get in trouble again.

“Well then, you can take this, rinse it out, and then refill it.” He walked over to her table and set the cup down. With a frown she picked the cup up and headed out the door, not at all happy that she had to walk all the way to the nearest water fountain and all the way back.

---

“Mr. Wright kept staring at Jennifer Smith’s chest today. I felt really bad for her,” Aya said as her and Rin walked down the sidewalk after school.

“Ew,” Rin said making a disgusted face. “During my math class he was trimming his nose hairs or something. In the middle of the test I had a question so I went up to his desk and he was sitting there in the corner, facing away from all the students. He was holding a mirror and it looked like he had tweezers shoved up his nose. So when I finally said something he flipped and the tweezers went soaring through the air and they landed right on Matt Taylor’s test.” Aya broke out in laughter as she pictured the incident in her head.

The two girls ran up the driveway of Rin’s house and barreled though the door. Ditching their back packs and shoes right when they stepped into the house, they then proceeded to make their way up the stairs and into Rin’s room.

When they had finally caught their breath Aya reached over and lifted Rin’s window up. There was a window on the house next door that was opened and Aya could see a girl around twelve years old sitting on her bed reading a book.

“Tesa!” Aya yelled. The girl looked up and saw her big sister.

“Yeah yeah I know. Tell Mom that your at Rin’s. I got it.” She lazily stood up from her bed and walked out of her room. Aya smiled and closed the window. She turned around only to find Rin grinning at her.

“So Aya…” She said slyly.

“The answer is still no!” Aya screeched.

“You don’t even know what I was gonna say! Just hear me out okay?” Rin pushed her bottom lip out and made her eyes real big.

Aya scowled and then sighed. “Fine. What is it?” Rin giggled and wrapped her arms around her friend and squeezed her as hard as she could in a big bear hug. When she received a glare from Aya she quickly released her and took a few steps backwards.

“Well I was thinking about what we should do this weekend. And well, you know that old woods not too far from here?” Aya’s ears actually liked where this was going.

“Yes,” She said.

“I think we should sneak out and go camping.”

“You know Rin…that’s a very good idea. Much better than your plan to go to Sea World and smuggle out one of their seals.”

“Thank you! I was thinking that we should get Chaz to come too.”

“Brilliant!! Then that’s final. This weekend we are going to go camping in that scary old woods and Chaz is coming with us!!” Aya smiled wickedly and ran through the plan over and over again in her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is when things really get interesting.