Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 9

Aya’s eyes slowly cracked open. She had fallen asleep in the chair she was sitting in and she found herself slumped down uncomfortably with her chin resting on her chest. But she knew that it hadn’t been her uncomfortable position that had woken her up. No, it had been something else, and it just so happened that the ‘something else’ was standing only five feet away from her.

“OH MY--WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OUR ROOM?!” She screeched as she quickly stood up. The two people standing with their backs to her turned around slowly with large eyes. It was Raf and Soren.

“It was all his idea!” Soren yelled while dropping what he had in his hands and pointing an accusing finger at the man standing next to him. Raf’s eyes narrowed and he shook his head at Soren, silently telling him that he would get him back for selling him out. The slightly infuriated girl looked down at the blob lying at Soren’s feet…it was her bag.

“Were you going through our stuff?!”

“No,” Raf said innocently. Aya had a hard time believing that due to his hand which was still plunged into Rin’s back pack.

“You have no right to go through that!” The pink haired girl lunged at Raf, trying to grab the bag and pull it away from him, but he dodged and ran to the other side of the room. Hot on his heels Aya ran after him. “Rin didn’t give you permission to go through her stuff!” Raf jumped up onto the bed and ran across it, making sure not to step on the sleeping Rin, and then made a flying leap over the edge.

“But she never said I couldn’t either!” He was forced to make another lap around the room when Aya followed his tracks over the bed, not even fazed by potentially waking up her best friend. She knew that Rin wouldn’t wake up even if a canon went off right by her head. “Besides, there’s nothing interesting in here.” Raf continued to stick his hand into the bag and pull the random items out before throwing them behind himself where they ended up hitting Aya.

But when he reached into it for the thousandth time and pulled a light weight, paperish-cardboard box out his face turned to one of horror. It was something so horrible…so horrendous…so terrifying that it could make even the bravest of men tremble in their boots.

It was….a box of tampons!

With a yell Raf flung the box away from him. It hit Soren in the head and unfortunately for him the top flap popped open and tampons were spewing everywhere. Soren gave a rather girlish scream while he shook his arms wildly trying to rid himself of the deadly, feminine products that were, as he thought, trying to kill him.

Being surprised by the sudden chaos Aya accidentally caught Rin’s shoulder with her foot as she went to jump down from the bed. She was sent flying head first towards the ground and she took a hard landing, narrowly missing the chair she had fallen asleep in. Rin’s eyes cracked open and she groggily sat up and looked at the scene before her. Her eyes soon landed on Aya. “You were having a slumber party and you didn’t wake me up? That was rude.”

“This isn’t a slumber party. Soren and I just snuck in your room while you were sleeping and decided to go through all of your stuff,” Raf said with a shrug, standing calmly on the side of the room opposite Soren and Aya.

At least he’s honest, Aya thought. She stood up from the ground and brushed her clothes off. “Okay, well could you please leave while I clean this up?” Aya asked as she gestured to the tampons covering the floor. Raf said nothing but walked over to the still distraught Soren making sure to tip-toe around the tampons, grabbed him by he collar of his shirt, and dragged him out of the room. Aya sighed as she knelt down to pick up the mess.

---

Raf was able to calm Soren down as they walked down the hallway. They soon showed up in the kitchen where Sin was sitting lazily at the table and Ra’ Shari was rummaging through the refrigerator. Everyone else was either outside or in the living room.

The two men stopped right between the two rooms and they started talking to each other in hushed whispers. Sin watched them with half opened eyes but he soon became alert when he saw something sticking out of the back of Soren’s shirt. Without taking his eyes off of Soren, he reached his hand back and hit Ra’ Shari, trying to get her attention.

Sin was thinking he was going to hit her arm, back, or even her side maybe…but he hit a mark that was a little below all that. Ra’ Shari jumped up when she felt something smack her in the butt and she whipped around only to find Sin. Her eyes narrowed and she raised her hand above her head.

SMACK!

Her hand came in contact with the back of his head. Sin’s eyes flew open in shock as he put a hand over the spot that the woman had smacked him. He whipped his head around and put a finger up to his lips, telling her to be quiet for the sound of her hand coming in contact with his head was louder than expected. He then pointed over at Soren.

Instantly Ra’ Shari noticed the small corner of something sticking out of his shirt. She snuck up behind him. Within seconds she had grabbed hold of the bottom of his shirt, shoved her hand up his back, and grabbed onto whatever it was that was in his shirt. Soren yelped in surprise and jumped away from Ra’ Shari. The woman simply stood there calmly, holding the thing in her hand and stared down at it in a thoughtful manner.

“Soren, is there something we don’t know about you?” She asked as she held up the tampon.

“It’s not mine!”

“Then why the heck was it in your shirt?!” Ra’ Shari tossed the tampon over at Sin who franticly batted it away. “Oh come on you guys! It’s just a tampon, it’s not going to kill you.” Despite her words Sin stood up from the table and quickly made his way out of the kitchen where the tampon currently resided.

With a sigh Ra’ Shari left the three guys and made her way down the hallway. After stopping at Rin and Aya’s room she was about to knock on the door but before she could the door opened. The two girls that were about to exit their room stopped in their tracks.

“Oh, I didn’t know you girls were up. You must have been awfully tired yesterday because you both were asleep before 8.” She turned and started walking down the hallway, gesturing for the two girls to follow her. When the three had reached the end of the hallway Ra’ Shari stopped at her room and opened the door while beckoning Rin and Aya to follow yet again.

The room, like Rin and Aya’s, was fairly good sized and quiet cozy looking with the tan and blue theme. There was a large bed on the right side of the room and on the other stood a dresser and a couple of sliding doors that lead to a closet. “You two are going to need better clothes,” Ra’ Shari said as she strode towards the closet and threw the doors open. She proceeded to shuffle through all of the clothing before pulling out two dresses. “Sorry if your not much into dresses. That’s all they have for the woman here.”

She handed a dark green dress to Aya and a light purple dress to Rin. They were simple, knee length, and they buttoned up the front in the typical summer dress fashion. The two girls looked over the clothing before undressing and slipping the dresses on. Ra’ Shari studied them closely. “They’re both a little big in the chest but it’ll work. All of us were going to go into town to pick up a few things. Did you want to come with? That way we can give you a small tour.”

“Sure!” Rin said with a smile. Ra’ Shari returned it with one of her own and then she led them out of the room, down the hallway, and out the front door. Outside most of the guys were standing around lazily, waiting for the girls to show up. Cade was really the only one that had any enthusiasm.

Micah was kneeling down in front of him and helping him work on some sort of martial art techniques it looked like. All he was doing basically was trying to poke Cade with his finger while Cade tried to block him. He was only four after all so they had to take it slow. The young boy was doing fairly well so Micah decided to make it a little harder. When it looked like he was going to poke him in the shoulder Cade put up his hand to block him, but Micah quickly redirected his finger and poked him in the stomach. He quickly realized though that he had used a little too much force.

Cade fell backwards and landed on his rear end. “Micah!” He turned and looked over at Ra’ Shari with large eyes, and he quickly held his hands up in a surrendering fashion.

“I didn’t try to,” He said as he picked Cade up and set him back on his feet.

“I’m okay,” The boy said while Micah dusted him off. The woman sighed and walked over to them and grabbed onto Cade’s hand. As she turned to walk away she quickly grabbed a hold of a few strand of Micah's hair and gave a hard tug, jerking his head to the side. His hand shot out quickly and smacked her leg. Ra’ Shari too had a good reaction time and in only a split second her foot came in contact with his shin. She quickly turned away from him once again and made her way quickly down the street with an angry Micah following her and yelling incoherent words.

“They get along so well together,” Raf said from next to the two girls who had been watching everything silently.

Chase came up on their other side while pulling on his jacket. “We better go follow them.” Raf nodded and they all headed off in the direction that the others had taken off in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry sorry I know it took me a while to get this chapter out. I blame the heat cause it messes with my mind and it makes me tired and irritable so I couldn't focus on my writing. But yeah, I Thank You for reading and please comment!