Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

ett

Why did I let her talk me into coming to this party? All it is is a bunch of rich, pretentious women who just love spending their hockey playing husband's money.

I groaned loudly as I plopped down on the couch and took a sip of my drink as I waited for Ellie to get done chit chatting with a group of players and their wives by the snack table.

Ellie and I have been season ticket holders for the Penguins since as long as I can remember, thanks to my dad who gifted me his when he moved across the country. Those seats just happened to be beside the wives and girlfriends of said hockey team.

At first, we would sit there and make fun of them, stating that half of them didn’t know anything about the sport, and only were after the money. But the more we went to the games, we got to be friends with most of the girls. Ya know, the ones that knew the game and were there for the right reasons.

So when a couple of them mentioned a get together to mark the end of the season for the boys, Ellie jumped in stating we were game.

I was never much for social gatherings, but I tagged along anyways.

Anything for free booze and food.

“Olivia, shouldn’t you be more happy? We made the playoffs and we are actually celebrating with the team! It’s our dream!” Ellie exclaimed as she plopped down beside me, splashing some of her drink onto her shirt.

“Drink much El? And I am having a good time, I’m just not, I don’t know, a party person.”

“Oh come on, this house is full of available, gorgeous men, and you’re sitting here, all alone, sipping on your drink. Come on and live a little.”

I flash her my left hand. “I cannot do much mingling, engaged remember?”

She rolled her eyes. “Michael, Schichael. Look, I never liked him in the first place, nor do I think you two will ever make it down the aisle. How about just keeping your options open!”

I rolled my eyes. “El, my wedding is in a month. I think it is a little late for second guessing.”

She shrugged as she stood up and grabbed my hand. “Come on, let’s go play some pool or something.”

A couple hours later, I was standing at the pool table with some of the players and wives, laughing and making bets on who would win, Dumo or Colesy, when I heard Ellie screaming at someone.
“Well look what the cat dragged in! If it ain’t skankalicious herself!”

I turned around to see Kuhnhackl and his girlfriend Alexis walk in, and her roll her eyes.

“Don’t you know when to quit wannabe? You and your little friend over there are the only ones that really do not belong at this party. Hell, you guys aren’t even dating anyone here!”

Before I could even say a word, Ellie was on top of Alexis, continuously punching.

As a few of the guys jumped in, trying to pull Ellie off of her, I felt someone walk up beside me.

“Damn, I only came here for a few drinks, but entertainment? I might have to stay.”

I turn to see Carl smiling.

“Yeah well, this is what happens when you mix Ellie and alcohol. She thinks she is Macho Man or something.”

He sticks his hand out. “I’m Carl, I don’t think we have ever met. You are?”

I shake his hand. “I know who you are. I am Olivia. We sit by a bunch of the wives and they invited us. You having fun?”

“Oh I am now.” He grinned as he leaned into me.

“Oh good lord, please tell me that was not your pickup line.” I said as I laughed.

He faked hurt. “What? What is that bad?”

I nodded. “And here I thought hockey players were smooth. You are just…. Horrible.”

He shook his head. “Okay, how about I make it up to you? How’s dinner tomorrow night?”

I looked at him and thought for a minute.

Wait, why was I even considering this? I am engaged!

“I-I can’t.” As I showed him my ring. “Sorry. I just-”

He held his hand up. “Hey it’s okay, I understand.”

I bit my lip. “Friends?”

He smiled that damn gorgeous smile. “Friends.”

Good God, he’s gonna kill me with that smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi! okay, slow start. but bear with us. this will be good :]