Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

tio

Tonight is the night of Olivia's bachelorette party. It was also game 5 of the first series of the playoffs. It was an important night either way.

I have been staying with the Hornqvists for about a week now. Helping out with little Isabella really has been a great distraction. I really enjoy their company after the rough time I've been having.

We were sitting around the kitchen table when I realized I had forgotten something at my house.

"Crap! My dress! It's at home!"

"I can take you by real quick so you can grab it?" Patric suggested.

He grabbed his keys and we made our way to my house.

As we turned onto my street, there was a car in my driveway.

"Adam." I started to feel sick. The son of a bitch broke into the house.

Patric parked the car by the mailbox on the road.

"Wait here."

He got out and went up to the front door. He took a peak in the big bay window before opening the door.

"Hallå?" He said as he opened the door.

I got scared something might happen so I got out of the car and started up the sidewalk.

"You," Adam shouted as he saw me. "Who's this guy?"

"Why does it matter who he is? What are you doing in my house?"

"You mean OUR house you kicked me out of? Yeah, I'm here getting MY stuff which is hmm, MOST of it."

"Bullshit," Patric interrupted.

"Seriously, who is this guy? Who does he think he is?" Adam was getting angrier.

"I'm about to become your least favorite person if you don't get out of this house." Patric is about five times the size of Adam. "Get what you came for and leave," Patric continued.

I liked that he was protective of me.

I stood with my back against the wall to keep my distance from Adam as he walked out the door.

"Bitch, I'll get you one day."

I slid down the wall and put my head in hands and started to cry.

"Ellie... I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry about?" I asked through my tears.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. It sucks seeing such a beautiful woman be like this. You deserve so much more." He sat on the floor next to me. "Now, let's get that dress and make you look great for tonight... and I promise you he won't hurt you anymore."

"Can we go back to your place so Malin can help me with my make up and hair?" I said, shaking.

"Absolutely."

Patric had to get ready for the big game tonight anyway, so it all works out. I felt bad for having to put him through this. This was my issue, not his.

---

"And the Penguins win it, 6-3! Elvis has just left the building!"

I carried Isabella down to the family waiting area to wait for Patric with Malin. Of course I got some looks. Some dirtier than others. But it didn't bother me.

Once Patric came out, Isabella shouted, "Daddy!" and that just really warmed my heart.

I handed him his little girl and thanked him for everything he's done for me today.

"We have to get going." Malin and I linked arms and walked out to find the party bus parked just outside the doors.

"You know, Ellie. I really like you. You're very sweet and you're wonderful with Isabella," Malin said as she gripped my hand, pulling me close to her.

I grimaced a little because my hands were still sore from my little incident with Alexis.

"I enjoy her a lot. You all have helped me overcome a lot this last week."

She smiled as she led me onto the party bus.

We rode down to Diesel, drinking our champagne, laughing and having a good time.

When we got to Diesel, we found our way to the VIP section where we'd be for the remainder of the night.

I was pretending to have a good time for Liv's sake. But really, all I wanted to do was cry.

Olivia was no where to be found as has an order of shots brought to us.

"Since our guest of honor is currently not here, to our boys!" Vero shouted, raising her shot.

I was still a little upset over earlier so I walked over to a quiet spot in the club. I took out my phone and started texting Patric.

I'm sorry for everything that happened earlier today.

Stop apologizing. What if I wasn't there? He could have seriously hurt you!

Yeah...

I took a long sip of my drink.

Now get back to having a good time :)

I'm sitting alone, and I don't think anyone's noticed I'm gone yet. I'm so used to being like this.

Being like what?

I folded my arms on the table and put my head down. I closed my eyes and tears started to form.

"There you are, älskling!" I heard Malin say as she walked closer to me. She saw I was crying. "Älskling! What's wrong?!"

"Everything," I said as she brought me into a hug. "My best friend is getting married in a week, at least she says she is. And I'm just here. I have no one to go with and everything around me just keeps getting worse."

My phone buzzed. Another text from Patric.

Arielle. You have to listen to me. Or you don't have to. Up to you. You don't have to feel any certain way. Just say whatever's on your mind and we'll figure it out along the way.

I felt like throwing up.

"Can you take me home? I don't feel well."