Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

sjutton

Well, I became a runaway bride.

Not something I am fully proud of, but I needed to do it.

The day after my supposed wedding, Ellie texted me, saying she was going off the grid for awhile and feel free to use her house.

And that is where I have been hiding out for the past week.

Me, several bottles of wine, and gallons of ice cream.

Michael has tried to contact me several times since that day, I just cannot bring myself to explain to him why I did what I did.

I have already broken his heart enough in this lifetime.

And as for the Carl situation, well let’s just say I myself is going off grid for awhile.

My heart became the no emotion zone, and vagina became the no sex zone.

My dad texted me a couple days ago to let me know all of my stuff from the house is now in a storage locker.

I sighed as I sat down on the couch and rubbed the blue bracelet that caused all of this and took a swig of wine.

Maybe I am better on my own.

I started to take a bite of ice cream, when there was a knock on the door.

I groaned as I got off the couch and walked towards the door.

I winced as I opened the door and saw Patric standing there.

“How did you know I was here?”

He pushed past me. “I didn’t. I am looking for Ellie. I’ve been trying to get a hold of her for days now and she isn’t answering.”

I rolled my eyes. “First off, hi Patric. Yes I am doing just fine thank you. And Ellie went off the grid, she texted me the day after my wedding, well my would be wedding.”

He looked me up and down. “You actually look like shit Liv. When was the last time you showered or changed?”

I ran my hand through my greasy hair as I looked down at my ratty old sweats and tee.

“Um, probably when I took my wedding dress off and burned it.”

He shook his head. “Go shower and get ready, I am taking you out for lunch.”

I gave him a scared look. “No! I mean, I don’t want-”

“You don’t want Carl to know what’s going on? Fine, if I promise to keep my mouth shut and take you somewhere he won’t see you, will you please go shower?”

I gulped and nodded.

Thirty minutes later, I followed Patric out to his car.

“Why is the sun so bright?” I asked when I put my sunglasses on.

He chuckled. “Maybe it wouldn’t be so bright if you made it outside every so often and weren’t hungover every day.”

“Hey, I’m allowed.” I said as I got into the car.

“Aren’t you supposed to be happy and willing to move on with your life? You are the one that ran from marriage.”

I banged my head off the back of the seat. “All because of your stupid teammate. Ugh why do you Swedish men have to be so attractive?”

He laughed. “Why don’t you just talk to him?”

“Cause- it’s complicated okay? And I thought you didn’t want to be in the middle of it.”

“Okay, okay, okay. No more about him. Seriously though, how are you holding up?”

I sighed. “Okay I guess. I mean, I lost out on a shit ton of money cause I decided to run. I feel really bad.”

“Have you talked to Michael at all?”

I shook my head. “No, I wouldn’t even know what to say. ‘Hey, I realized 5 minutes before walking down the aisle to you that I was in love with someone else’ doesn’t sound too thoughtful.”

He tried to hide a smile. “Love huh?”

I gave him the side eye. “Patric.”

“Okay fine. Changing the subject, Malin told me she hasn’t seen you at any of the games.”

I shook my head. “Nope, and she won’t for the rest of the playoffs. I have decided to take a break from hockey. I sold my tickets for the remaining games to have enough money for a long needed vacation in June.”

“Where you going?” As he pulled into McDonald’s drive through.

I shrugged. “I don’t know yet, kind of thinking tropical. And McDonald’s? Aren’t you supposed to be on a playoff diet?”

“This isn’t for me, this is for you. Besides, I told you I was going to take you somewhere where Carl wouldn’t be, so here we are.”

I gave him my order when it was time and tried to give him money, which he refused.

“My treat.”

I laughed. “I hardly consider McDonald’s a treat, but whatever you say Mr. Moneybags.”

After we got my food, we drove back to Ellie’s in silence.

When we pulled into her driveway, he grabbed my arm as I went to get out of the car.

“Olivia, if there is anything you need, just call me and Malin.”

I gave him a quick smile. “Thanks, just don’t mention me to Carl. I don’t need him to fuck up in a game thanks to me.”

I nodded as I said goodbye and ran to the house.

Before I could sit down, my phone buzzed.

just checking on my best friend.

I sighed and turned my phone off.

June could not get here soon enough.