Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

tvÄ

I have been a hockey fan for as long as I can remember... and I have been going to games since I was probably five.

Within the last five years, my best friend, Olivia, and I have become season ticket holder with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Our seats just so happen to be next to the wives and girlfriends of the players. Olivia never liked them, but me; they always intrigued me. During games, I liked to observe what they did. Some sat there playing on their iPhones; others were actually into the game.

So one day, one of them approached us asking if we'd like to go a party to mark the end of the season for the boys. Of course, I said yes! Olivia rolled her eyes.

---

"C'mon, Liv," I plopped down on the couch next to her. "Shouldn't you be more excited? We made the playoffs!"

I notice I spilled my drink on my shirt. Good thing it's black.

Ever since Liv got engaged, she hasn't been much into going out and having fun.

"You know I never liked that guy," I say about her fiancé. "I'm just saying to keep your options open!"

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the couch, dragging her to the pool table.

A few hours passed and we were all making bets on Dumo and Colesy while they played pool. And then, SHE walked over. That horse-face, skank herself, Alexis; you know, Kuhnhackl's girlfriend, or whatever you want to consider her.

She went off on how we "don't belong at the party" and how we weren't "dating anyone here". And that was when I lost it. I don't know what it was about her, but I never liked her. She always thought I had a thing for Tom or something and she wouldn't let it go.

And that's when my fists just started to fly.

After I had thrown a few punches, I felt these strong arms wrap around me to pull me off of Alexis.

"Let go of me!" I shouted.

Little did I know, those strong arms belonged to Patric Hornqvist. You know, that beautiful Swedish ripped man.
He took me by the arm and led me outside to calm me down. You could tell that he had a look of disappointment on his face.

He huffed. "What was THAT?"

I struggled to find my words and start to cry. "I don't know. She just gets under my skin and I just lost it this time..."

"You can't just go throwing fists--"

"I KNOW," I sat on the ground and sobbed. "I thought I had a chance to become friends with everyone here, and she just ruins it for me."

"Did she ruin it for you or did you ruin it for yourself?"

I sat in silence... "I wanna go home."

It was obvious I had too much to drink, so he offered to drive me home. He went back inside and found Olivia to tell her what was going on. He returned back outside to find me passed out on the ground. I wasn't hung over, per say, just really, really tired.

---

I woke up in a strange place... My hands hurt... I lay in bed for a few minutes before I questioned where I was. I rolled over to see Patric sitting on the floor against the wall, texting someone. The light from his screen illuminated his face.

"Uhh... Where am I?" I said to get his attention.

I startled him. "I didn't know where you lived so I brought you to my house."

Oh.

"In case you were wondering, I only stayed in here to make sure you were okay. Can I get you anything?"

"Water and like half a bottle of Advil?" I joked.

He left the room.

Holy shit, I'm in Patric Hornqvist's house.