Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

tjugotre

“Ellie, I cannot go in there.” I said shakingly as I stared at the arena.

She sighed. “Olivia, grow some balls. Patric got us these tickets, and we are going to use them. I do not care if I have to drag you in there. And before you ask, we know the drill for after the game.”

I took a deep breath and got out of the car. As we walked up to the arena, I sent a quick text to Ian.

Be happy, I am actually walking into the arena for a game. Good luck tonight. :)

As we were getting our tickets scanned, I felt my phone buzz.

I’m surprised you didn’t melt. See you after?

probably not

We made it to our suite a few minutes before warm ups started. I grabbed two beers and sat down.

“Is one of those for me or are we double fisting tonight?” Ellie asked laughing.

I gave her my middle finger as I took a swig of one. “What do you think?”

“I think it’s gonna be a long night if you keep drinking like that.”

I shrugged as the boys came out onto the ice for warm ups. I tensed up as soon as I saw Carl skate out onto the ice.

Ellie grabbed my arm. “Relax.”

I sighed and nodded as I sat back in my chair.

It was going to be a long night.

----------

At the beginning of the third period, we were tied up with the Sharks 2-2.

I had finally calmed down around beer number five and was sitting on the edge of my seat, leg bouncing.

“Oh my God Olivia, calm down.” Ellie said as she rolled her eyes.

“Can’t. Nervous.”

Time kept creeping by, when with about 4 minutes to go, Carl’s line came out onto the ice racing for the puck in San Jose’s end. Carl and Tanger got tied up in the corner, when Tanger passed the puck to Bones in front of the net.

“GOALLLLLLL” both me and Ellie yell as we jumped up and celebrated.

We counted down the last few minutes, hoping that the boys could hold off the pesky Sharks. When the clock finally hit zero, the whole arena erupted in cheers.

“Come on, let’s go.” Ellie said as she grabbed my arm.

“Where are we going?”

“Downstairs. But don’t worry, we got someone running interference so you aren’t seen.”

When we got down by the locker room, I saw Fleury walk past us. As he entered the locker room, he turned back and winked at me.

I laughed. “Seriously? You have Fleury running interference?”

Ellie shrugged. “It was either him or Kessel, and me and Patric were afraid Phil would just talk about donuts.”

We stood there for a few minutes talking with Malin when we heard someone behind us whistle.

“Who your cute blonde frie- Olivia?!”

I turned around to see Geno and I rolled my eyes.

“Say my name just a tad louder Geno. I don’t think they heard you in the parking lot.” I said as I hugged him.

“I like blonde. You stay blonde.”

“Um thanks, I think?”

“You come for drinks later.” He said as he walked back into the locker room before I could answer.

“Um Liv, I think Geno just hit on you.” Ellie said as she couldn’t stop laughing.

I shook my head as I tried to peek into the locker room as the door closed.

Malin nudged me. “If you’re looking for Carl, I’m sure he will be out shortly.”

I looked at her like I just got caught. “Oh no, no. I was just-”

“She was waiting for me.” Ian said as he came up behind me and put his arm around me.

I mouthed thank you to him as he lead me towards the doors.

“So, I see you changed your hair up.” He said as we finally hit the parking garage.

I ran my hand through my hair. “Time for a change I guess. How did you know I actually came down?”

He opened his car door for me. “Patric told me. Then Geno came in talking about some hot blonde out in the hallway. So I just had to go see who it was. It ended up being you.”

I rolled my eyes as I got in his car. After he got in, he started to pull out of the garage.

“So how did you get out of there so much faster than everyone else?”

“I was excited to actually see my friend, besides, no interviews.” He said with a smile.

I laughed. “So where are we headed?”

“My house. I figured I could make us some food and we could hang out.”

“Netflix and chill huh? Now Ian, I thought you were more original.”

“Uh no.” He laughed. “I know you have needed a friend to talk to, and I’m sure Ellie has been tied up. So I figured I could lend a ear.”

I smiled. “So you’re okay with being friendzoned? Are we sure you are a guy?”

He rolled his eyes. “The manliest man you’ll ever meet. But seriously, you can keep pretending that you have no feelings, but you are rubbing that bracelet like he does before a game when he is in a trance.”

I looked down at my hands, and he was right. I didn’t even realize I was doing it.

“Okay, put yourself in my shoes for a minute Ian, what would you do if you were me?”

“Honestly Liv,” he responded as he pulled into his driveway, “if I were in your shoes, I would have ran right to him after you left the church.”

“Ugh!” I exclaimed. “Do you know how bad I wanted to?”

“Then why didn’t you?” He asked as we walked up to his house.

“I-I don’t know.”

---------------------

A couple hours later, and a few glasses of wine later, we were sprawled out on his couch.

“How have you never been to Kennywood? It is like, legit one of my favorite things to do in this city come summer time.”

He smiled as he shook his head. “I haven’t had the time. I am a professional hockey player. We have a routine.”

I rolled my eyes as I took another drink of my wine. “Whatever. This summer we are going.”

He chuckled as he looked at the time. “I better get you back home. We have practice tomorrow morning.”

I groaned as I put my head on his shoulder. “But I comfy.”

“You drunk is more like it.”

I shut my eyes as I mumbled. “Don’t move pillow. You’ll make me dizzy.”

I felt him lean further back into the couch before I fell asleep.

-------------------

I was rudely awoken by an alarm going off the next morning.

I tried to reach for my phone to shut it off when I hit someone.

“Ow.” Ian grumbled.

I opened my eyes and screamed as I jumped out of bed.

“How- what-”
He rubbed his nose as he put his other hand up to stop me.

“Calm down. You passed out on me, drunk I might add, so I carried you up here so you could be more comfortable.”

I looked down at what I was wearing, my tank and panties.

I put my hands on my hips. “I see you stripped me too.”

“Well I wasn’t going to let you sleep in jeans and a jersey.”

I looked around for my jeans. “So how did you end up in bed?”

He shrugged. “I wasn’t going to be uncomfortable.”

I groaned as I pulled my jeans on.

“If it makes you feel any better, you did mumble in your sleep you liked cuddling with me.”

I threw one of my shoes at Ian’s head, and missed, as he laughed.

“This isn’t funny Ian. I am going to have to face the firing squad when you take me back to my house you know that right?”

He got up and stretched. “Just tell them we had a night of hot and wild sex. I’m sure they will be happy for you.”

I rolled my eyes as he walked into the bathroom to shower.

I hate men.

---------------------

About 45 minutes later, Ian finally dropped me off as I tried to sneak back into the house.

“Young lady, where have you been?” I heard Derick asked from the kitchen.

I groaned as I turned around to see Ellie sitting at the table with her arms crossed.

“Well?”

I walked over and took a seat as Derick put a plate of food in front of me.

“I guess I drank way too much last night between the beer and wine and passed out at Ian’s.”

“Just past out? Or did some bow chicka wow wow happen?” Derick asked as he wiggled his hips.

Ellie rolled her eyes and threw a waffle at him.

“Well I did wake up beside him in bed.”

Ellie looked at me surprised. “Oh my God. You slept with Ian.”

I adamantly shook my head. “Oh God no. I was too drunk and asleep for all of that. But he did strip me down to my underwear to sleep in.”

“He wants in those panties girl.” Derick shouted from the kitchen.

Ellie and I both shouted shut up in his general direction.

“So what did I miss after I left?” I asked as I took a bite of my waffle.

“Oh you know, everyone coming out to see who this hot blonde was that Geno was so infatuated with. You’re lucky he didn’t go into that locker room and give your name.” Ellie stated as she pointed her fork at me.

“Did Carl come out?” I asked intrigued.

She nodded. “But I don’t think he was looking for a hot blonde. He kept shooting me evil looks. Liv, he knows I am not telling him everything about you.”

“Yeah same here. He kind of blew up on us the other day when we went to lunch.” Derick interjected.

“Guys, two days. That’s all I need until I am on the other side of the continent, and you guys will be continuing on your trip around the US.”

They looked at each other and agreed.

Sun, sand, and a thousand miles away.

I could not wait.