Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

tre

Shortly after Ellie went Rambo on Alexis, the party was back to normal. I was getting ready to take a shot in my pool game against Carl when I felt someone tap on my shoulder.

“Hey Liv, uh, I am gonna take Ellie home. I think considering everything, that she has had enough.” Patric stated.

I stared at him. “Um okay, but she drove me here so I don’t have-”

“Don’t worry about it, I will take you home.” Carl stated taking his shot.

“Are you sure? I am pretty sure I am way out of your way.”

He shook his head. “Nah, it’s cool.”

I looked at Patric and nodded and he was back out the door.

I turned back to Carl as he took the final shot of the game. “Honesty, you don’t need to drive me home. I can always call an Uber or something.”

“Liv, stop okay? Let me do the friend thing and drive you home.”

I sighed and just nodded. “Fine, you win.”

-----

After a little bit longer at the party, and a couple of games of beer pong later, the party had died down and we had decided to leave.

After I gave him directions, the car ride was, well, silent.

The kind of silence you could slice with a knife.

I cleared my throat. “So, how are you liking Pittsburgh?”

He grinned. “I love it here. The city, the people, it’s just so amazing. The fans really get behind their sports huh?”

I laughed. “Some more than others. You have the total diehards that go all out with the body paint, wigs, etc.”

“So tell me more about yourself Liv.”

I sighed. “My life is boring compared to yours. I’ve lived here all my life, went to Pitt, now make a living as a kindergarten teacher.”

He points to my hand. “And your fiancé?”

I played with my ring. “I met Michael in college. We were off and on for a few years until he proposed 2 years ago. The wedding is officially next month.”

“Are you happy?”

I stared at him. “What makes you think you can ask me that?”

“Friends remember? Friends care about each other.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay friend, yes I am. Very happy in fact.”

He laughed. “Makes it sound like you are trying to convince yourself.”

I scoffed. “What would you know? We only met, and became friends, a few hours ago.”

He shrugged. “I guess you just don’t give off the ‘I am marrying my soulmate’ vibe.”

I rolled my eyes as I looked out the window.

Yeah, me and Michael had our ups and downs, but we were meant to be together.

Right?

We drove in silence until he pulled into my driveway.

“Well thanks for the ride.” I said as I went to go get out of the car.

He grabbed my arm. “Listen, I didn’t mean to offend you.”

I shook my head. “It takes a lot more than a couple questions to offend me.”

I walked up my front step and unlocked my door before he drove off. When I entered my house, I noticed it was eerily dark.

I turned on the front lamp and saw a note with my name on it.

Livvy-
I went out with the guys from work. Don’t wait up.
-Michael


I sighed. This isn’t the first time he has gone out in as many days. Luckily, Ellie gave me plans for tonight so I wasn’t sitting at home alone, with a carton of ice cream.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of Moscato. As I headed upstairs, I heard my phone ping.

Hoping it was Ellie texting telling me she regrets the ginormous amount of alcohol she consumed, or Michael telling me he was on his way home, I looked at my phone and stopped dead in my tracks.

got your # from one of the girls. Just wanted you to have mine. Ya know, for friend things ;)

I shook my head as i replied.

nothing wrong with too many friends. :)

Little did I know, that friendship would be my downfall.