Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

sextio

looking forward to a couple weeks off from school for some shopping and girl time with my mom, Ellie, and the rest of our friends.

I finished zipping up my suitcase as my phone rang.

“Hey love, I am leaving practice and I will be there in about 10 to get you to the airport.” Carl said as I answered.

I sighed and looked at my watch. “Okay. I guess a stop for a burger is out of the question.”

I heard him laugh. “Why don’t you just throw together a sandwich or something while you wait?”

“Cause the baby demands a burger.” I groaned as I rubbed my belly.

“You’ll have time to grab something at the airport. I’ll be there in a few. And don’t worry about your suitcase, I’ll grab it when I get there.”

He hung up before I could retort. I sighed and threw a few last minute items into my carry on.

Fifteen minutes later, I heard him pull into the driveway. I shut the television off and went and met him at the door.

After a quick kiss, he went to go grab my suitcase and ushered me out the door.

“We don’t need you missing your flight, let’s go.”

I rolled my eyes as I followed him out to the car and watched him load my suitcase into the back seat.

As I opened the passenger door, I smelled something delicious.

I smiled as I grabbed the bag to sit down. “You got me food!”

He rolled his eyes as we backed down the driveway. “Can’t have the baby hungry can we?”

I smiled as I took a huge bite of the burger. I leaned back in my seat and groaned.

“This is heaven.” I mumbled through a mouthful of food.

He laughed. “So you’re gonna be gone how long?”

“Ten days. I’m coming home after you guys play in Brooklyn.”
“And you’re staying at Mats’ right?”

I nodded while taking another bite. “Mats is gonna be in heaven with an apartment full of women for a week.”

He laughed as he pulled onto the highway. “I’ll be sure to remind him hands off when I see him tomorrow.”

I rolled my eyes. “Get drunk one night with the man and all bets are off.”

He took my hand and kissed it. “More like got drunk and then called me, laughing as he called you his love. So yes, all bets are off.”

I rolled my eyes as we drove the rest of the way in silence. When we got to departures, he got out and pulled my suitcase out of the car.

As he set my bag on the curb, he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

“Be careful, and let me know when you and your mom gets into the city.”

“I will.” I said leaning into his chest. “I’ll see you in a few days.”

“We’re doing lunch with your mom correct?” He asked as I pulled away.

I nodded as I grabbed my bag. “I love you. And please remember to take care of my dog.”

He chuckled. “I promise I will let Glory sleep in bed with me so she doesn’t feel lonely.”

----------------

As soon as I landed at JFK, I turned my phone on to call my mother to see where she was. Before I could dial, she rang in.

I laughed as I answered. “Were your ears burning mama?”

“What? No. Where are you?”

“I just landed. I'm heading to the baggage claim now. Where are you?”

“At the baggage claim waiting for you. Hurry up. We got a city to see!”

I rolled my eyes as I followed a crowd towards the claim. “Mama. I'm 20 weeks pregnant. There's no hurrying me.”

I hung up and finished walking to get my bags. As I got to the claim and was looking to see where I needed to go, I heard someone shriek behind me.

I closed my eyes as I turned around. When I opened them, I saw my mother hurrying towards me.

“Hi mama.” I said smiling.

She scooped me into a hug and then put me at arm's length as she examined my belly.

“Oh my God Olivia. Look at you! I still can't believe I'm gonna be a grandmother! Do you know the gender?”

I shook my head as I ushered her towards where my bag was. “No not yet. I think we are going to have a reveal party in a few weeks.”

She smiled as she grabbed my bag. “It’s a boy. I can feel it.”

I rolled my eyes as I took my bag and started towards the exit. “If you say so. All I know is, no matter if it is a boy or a girl, they’re gonna be spoiled as hell.”

--------------------------------------------

After hailing a cab and finally making it to Mats’ apartment, I was standing in front of his fridge rubbing my belly.

“What is up with hockey boys and no having food in their homes?” I groaned shutting the door.

“Too bad we aren’t in a huge city in multiple choices in cuisine.” My mom said smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes as i picked up my ringing phone.

“Fine. Pick a place.” I said as I answered my phone.

“Where we going?” I heard Mats ask.

I let out a soft laugh. “With you, anywhere. Where are you? I figured you would be done with practice by now.”

“We are. I just stayed after to get a workout in. Where you at?”

I sighed. “Staring at your empty fridge as my mother figures out where to go for lunch.”

“How about this, I’m gonna text you an address. Grab a cab and I’ll treat both of you to lunch before I take my pregame nap.”

“Mats, you don’t have to do-”

“Yes I do, besides, I’m hungry.” He said as he hung up the phone.

I shook my head as my mother gave me a look.

“What’s going on?”

I sighed as I went to go grab my purse. “I guess we’re going to lunch.”

---------------------------

Twenty minutes later, we stood in front of Friedman’s waiting for Mats.

“So Olivia, have you and Carl talked about the next step?” My mother asked.

I gave her a blank stare. “Next step?”

“Yes next step. You are going to have a child together, it is only right that there is a wedding.”

I opened my mouth to answer until I heard someone yell “Mitt hjerte!” behind me.

I turned and smiled as I saw Mats come walking up to us. He pulled me into a hug.

“Thank you. You just saved me.” I whispered into his ear.

He pulled away and smiled at me before turning to my mother. “Well well well. Liv, you never told me you had a sister!”

I rolled my eyes as my mother giggled.

“Ok Rico Suave, enough with the sweet talk. The spawn is hungry.” I said as I pushed both of them toward the door.

All throughout lunch, Mats kept my mother occupied by conversation as I just sat back and listened, thankful he didn’t give her a chance to turn her attention to her prior question.

“And that’s how me and Liv have a unforsaken love.” I heard Mats say after his story of our drunken night.

I rolled my eyes. “Just because you got me wine drunk and we drunk dialed Carl, who thought you were taking advantage of me, doesn’t mean we are lovers.” I said taking the last bite of my salad.

“Are you guys coming to the game tonight?” He asked changing the subject.

I shook my head no. “I’m probably going to go to bed early so we can get up and sightsee and shop. This child drains all my energy by the end of the day.”

“See, if you would have stuck with me, that kid would have strong Norwegian genes, not those dull Swedish ones.” He joked as he paid the bill.

“There’s nothing wrong with the genes.” I said as I felt my phone vibrate. When I saw it was Shane, I excused myself from the table and went outside.

“Brotha from another motha!”

I heard him laugh. “You need to quit hanging out with Derick.”

I smiled. “I think we’re stuck with him. When are you gonna be in town?”

“Early tomorrow. When are we surprising Ellie again?”

I sighed. “The day after next. Do you not remember our conversation from a couple days ago?”

“Yes.. well no not really.” He confessed. “Hey, at least I remembered to buy my ticket and come out there.”

“Well I would hope so, since this is your only sister we are talking about.”

“Yeah I know. And unlike you, she will only have one wedding.”

“Ouch.” I said grimacing. “And you act like I knew anything of this was gonna happen when I was with Michael.”

“I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut. Text me the details on Tuesday.”

We said our goodbyes as he hung up and I saw my mother and Mats walking out of the restaurant, laughing.

“Do I even wanna know?” I said giving my mother a questionable look.

She smiled as she shook her head as she hooked her arm in mine. “Let’s do some sightseeing.”

--------------------------------

After an afternoon and evening of seeing the city, we headed back to Mat’s, where we settled onto the couch and watched the Rangers/Panthers game. Shortly after the game was over, I excused myself and went to bed, quickly falling into a deep sleep.

When I finally woke up, it was all thanks to the fluttering in my stomach.

“Okay child.” I said as I put a hand on my tummy. “You’re gonna be kicking the shit out of me in a couple weeks aren’t you?”

I got out of bed and walked down the hallway towards the kitchen, following a heavenly smell.

“My god, it smells so good in here.” I said as I sat at the counter. “But I didn’t think there was any food in Mats’ fridge.”

My mom sat a plate of waffles, eggs and bacon in front of me as she turned back to the stove top. “He had groceries delivered after you went to bed last night. Now eat up. We have a busy day and we can’t have the baby hungry.”

I rolled my eyes as I took a bite.

Oh man, I thought as I took another bite, how I have missed my mama’s cooking.

“Just remember that whatever we buy, we gotta take onto an airplane. And I only brought one suitcase. Plus, we don’t even know the gender yet.”

She sighed as she sat beside me. “Olivia Jean, what did I tell you? It’s a boy, and mother’s intuition is never wrong.”

“I’m still not loading up on items for a baby boy yet just in case.” I said as my phone started to vibrate.

God morgon kärlek. I miss you.

As I smiled, my mother nudged me.

“Just call him.” She said shrugging.

I punched in his number and placed it on speaker as it started to ring.

“Well hello love.” He said as he answered, surprised.

“How was your first night alone with the pup?” I asked steeping a tea bag into my mug of hot water.

“Well after she whined and cried for about two hours, I put her in your spot in bed and she passed out. Even cuddled into my back in the middle of the night. I think she likes me.”

My mom laughed. “A puppy’s easy. Just wait until this baby is born.”

He chuckled. “So what are you two lovely ladies up to today?”

“Baby shopping!” My mother exclaimed as I groaned.

“Do I even wanna know?” Carl said laughing.

“Probably not.” I said with a smile. “But remember, you said nothing but the best for our little nugget.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” He groaned. “I’ll check in and see how much damage you guys have done after practice.”

We said our goodbyes as my mother turned to me.

“Let’s go get this baby some clothes!”

---------------------------------------

Several hours later, and many shopping bags later, we finally got back to Mats’ apartment.

I plopped down on the couch and put my aching feet up as my mother started going through the bags, humming.

“Do you think that maybe we bought a little too much?” I asked as I flipped through the channels, looking for the Rangers and Penguins game.

“Nonsense,” she said. “You can never have enough clothes. They can have blowouts or get food all over them, etc. Besides, this is my first grandbaby, I'm allowed to spoil it.”

I rolled my eyes as I turned my attention back to the game.

About halfway through the game, my phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone to see a message from Ellie.

Starbucks before Kleinfelds?

“Yo, gramma of the year, Starbucks sound okay before going to watch Ellie find her dream dress?” I asked.

She nodded as I texted Ellie back, stating we would meet them in the morning.

“Who’s all going to the appointment tomorrow?” My mother asked as the Rangers scored to make it 3-2 them.

“Uh, I think it is us, her other two bridesmaid Kaelyn and Raelyn, Mats, Kevin, who is Mats’ teammate and Ellie’s other best friend, and surprise guest Shane.”

“Oh good, the bitch isn’t going to be there.” She said nonchalantly about Ellie’s mother.

“Ma!” I laughed as I threw a pillow at her.

“What? You know it’s true. She never showed her children one ounce of love. That’s why they were always at our house.”

I held my hands up. “Hey I am not arguing with you there. I actually saw her a few weeks ago.”

“What did the she devil want?”

“She wanted to know where Ellie had moved to, which I am smart enough not to tell her. Plus she kind of rubbed it in my face that I’m a runaway bride and pregnant.” I said picking at the bottom of my shirt.

“Next time I see that bitch, I’m punching her in the mouth. No one talks down to my baby.” She said nonchalantly.

I shook my head. “Okay, settle down there Rocky. I can take care of myself when it comes to her.”

After the game was over, the Rangers taking it 5-2, she decided to head to bed.

A few hours, and several episodes of SVU, later, you heard Mats walk in the door.

“What are you still doing up?” He said plopping down beside me.

I shrugged. “Couldn’t sleep, Good game tonight.”

He chuckled. “If I’m not mistaken, it sounds like you were rooting for us.”

“Keep dreaming.” I said smiling. “You know where my allegiances lay.”

“Yeah yeah yeah.” He said as he got up. “I’m heading to bed since we gotta go help pick out a dress tomorrow.” He paused as he shook his head. “I cannot believe I just said that sentence.”

I chuckled. “Hey, before you pass out, can I cook Thanksgiving dinner here?”

“Are you gonna leave me some leftovers?” He said patting his stomach.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes dear.”

“Then by all means.” He said as he turned down the hall. “Mi casa es su casa.”

---------------------------------------------

The day after the trip to Kleinfeld’s, I stood outside of Lugo Cucina waiting on Carl to show up after practice to grab a quick lunch. I was getting ready to call him when two arms wrapped around me.

I turned around and smiled when I saw Ian.

“Best friend! I’ve missed you!” I exclaimed hugging him back.

He laughed. “I’ve missed you too Liv.”

“As happy I am to see you, I was expecting Carl.” I said looking behind him.

“He’s coming, just ran into Zucc and was talking to him. So I figured I would come and keep you company until he came.” He said shrugging with a smile.

I rolled my eyes as I started walking into the restaurant. “Well I’m not waiting out here. I’m starving.”

He followed me to a table and as we ordered drinks, Carl came walking in with Phil.

“So I get three gorgeous men taking me out to lunch? How did I ever get so lucky?” I said as Carl kissed my cheek.

“Well Phil was hungry, and I don’t know why Ian’s here.” He said as he sat down and gave his drink order.

“Cause I missed my bestie!” He said as he threw his arm around me.

I rolled my eyes as Carl shot him a look. “Where’s your mom? I thought she was going to join us?”

I sighed. “She’s with Ellie. Besides, you wouldn’t want her here right now. She would be pestering you on when you were gonna propose.”

Phil tried not to laugh as Ian choked on his water and Carl cocked his eyebrow.

“Wait what?”

I picked at the corner of the menu. “She thinks that just because I am pregnant, and Ellie is getting married, that we should too.”

“But didn’t you just have one failed wed-” Phil started before Ian shook his head.

I rolled my eyes. “Anyways, how was practice? Do you guys think you can actually beat the Rangers this time?”

“It sounds like someone has little faith in her team.” Ian said as we ordered our food.

“I’m just saying, you guys looked flat the other night. Hell, I think I could have played better and I’m 4 months pregnant.” I said jokingly.

“You’re hilarious Liv, really.” Carl said patting my leg. “But we’re gonna win, and we’re all gonna get points.”

I smirked. “Don’t get too cocky there love. I might just root for the Rangers tonight. ”

The guys laughed. “You love this team too much to root against us.”

I shrugged. “Guess we’ll see.”

----------------------------------------------

Later that night, Ellie, Shane, my mother and I headed towards MSG for the game.

“I cannot believe you girls are wearing Rangers jerseys.” Shane said as we got through security.

Ellie and I looked at each other and shrugged.

“When in Rome I guess.” Ellie said laughing as she smoothed out her Hayes jersey.

“Plus this Zucc jersey is the only one I have that fits me right now. And Carl didn’t think I would Rangers gear.” I said as we headed to our section.

“You two have such a weird relationship.” Shane said, shaking his head.

“So how was lunch earlier?” Ellie asked as we got settled in our seats.

“Good, Phil and Ian ended up joining us.Thanks again for keeping my mama occupied.”
I said low enough that my mother couldn’t hear.

Ellie chuckled. “What? You mean you didn’t wanna hear her reasoning behind why she thinks you and Carl need to get married before the baby again?”

I groaned. “Not particularly. Sorry again for her going on about it at Kleinfeld’s. She’s been on a roll lately.”

“Besides,” Shane interjected as he sat down with nachos as warmups started, “who would want Liv to have another wedding? Her track record isn’t every good at trying to get down that aisle.”

I shot him a look. “Can we just move past that please? And those better be for me asshole. Your niece or nephew is hangry.”

He sighed as he passed the nachos to me. “I guess I can share with you.”

We finished watching warmups before I had to pee. I asked Ellie if she wanted to go for a walk and she nodded as she followed me up to the concourse.

“You and your tiny bladder.” She laughed as I came out of the bathroom.

“Hey, I have a baby sitting on my bladder, you try not having to go every 20 minutes.”

“Speaking of the spawn, when do we get to find out the gender?” She asked as we pushed our way through the crowds.

“I think we are gonna do something when you are in town in a few weeks. Malin has something planned, and I have learned not to question her.”

Ellie laughed. “Do you think she has told Patric what the baby is?”

“Lord I hope not, he cannot keep a secret for anything.” I said chuckling.

We got back to our seats right as the anthem was starting.

Not even five minutes into the game, the Rangers scored on the power play, with Nash getting the goal and Zucc the assist.

“See,” my mom leaned over to look at me and Ellie, “you guys are jinxing the Penguins wearing those jerseys.”

“Ma, it’s only the beginning of the game. Still a lot of time.” I said rolling my eyes.

We finished the first still down 1-0, but by the second period, the Pens came out flying. Two minutes in, Wilson scored a pretty goal set up by Bones and Phil.

I nudged my mom. “They got this. Just wait.”

Not even two minutes later, Sid scored. All four of us jumped and cheered, earning weird glances from everyone sitting around us.

“Aren’t you two chicks rooting for the wrong team?” A guy sitting behind us asked.

Shane narrowed his eyes. “Just because they are wearing Rangers jerseys, you think they’d root for them?”

The man laughed. “That’s usually how it goes. Unless they’re the type of girls to only watch the game for the men.”

I whipped my head around. “Are you calling us fucking puckbunnies?”

He snorted. “If shoe fits.”

“You’ve done fucked up now.” Ellie said as I stood up and faced him.

“You have no idea who we are so who are you to judge us?” You’re probably the type of man who thinks all women shouldn’t like sports and only watch for the players.” I snarled at the man as he threw his arms up before I felt Shane grab my arm.

“Woah there mama bear. Take it back a notch. I’m pretty sure Hags wouldn’t appreciate hearing that his pregnant girlfriend got into a fight with a rude fan while watching the game.”

“Hags? As in Carl Hagelin?” The man asked, intrigued.

I smiled sarcastically at him as I turned back around and sat in my seat, in time to see Phil make it 3-1. “That’s none of your goddamn business now is it?”

———————————————

After the Pens took the game 6-1, I gave the guy behind us a smug look as we headed up to the concourse to find our way downstairs to see the boys.

We waited about 20 minutes before I heard someone groan behind us.

“You guys seriously wore Rangers jerseys?” Carl said as he approached us.

I smirked as my mother shook her head. “I told them it was a bad idea, but no one listens to me.”

“Hey we did get some entertainment out of it, Liv almost fought some guy cause he called us puckbunnies.” Ellie interjected, laughing.

I sighed as he shot me a look. “We stood up and cheered when Sid scored, and he didn’t like it. So I kinda had some words.”

“Mama wolf finally came out to play. And it will only get worse.” Shane said chuckling.

“So I should keep her from confrontation. Got it.” Carl joked as he pulled me into a side hug and kissed my forehead.

I scrunched my nose. “You stink.”

“Well I wanted to come out and see you before you guys left so I didn’t shower. You don’t like my natural stench?” He said tried to snuggle into me.

I tried to push him off of me when he kept me close.

“No you smell like ass. Go shower.” I said laughing pushing him off of me.

“Fine. I’ll see you guys for a bit tomorrow right?” He said retreating down the hall.

“What’s tomorrow?” Shane asked as I nodded.

Ellie rolled her eyes. “Dumbass. It’s Thanksgiving. Olivia here is gonna cook us some good food.”

“Liv dear, we don’t have anything bought or anything. How are you gonna cook?” My mother asked as we headed up the hallway.

“Mats ordered groceries and they came earlier when you guys were out. Relax, it’s gonna be delicious.”

———————————————

“Are you sure you don’t need any help?” Mats asked for the millionth time as I put the turkey back in the oven after basting it.

I sighed. “I’m fine. The stuffing and green bean casserole are in the oven with the turkey. The yams are ready to go in. I just have to finish the cucumber salad. Go relax with Shane. Play some video games or something. Everyone should be here soon.”

I heard him grumble as he walked to the living room as my phone pinged. I wiped my hands on a towel and hit the button to see a text from Ellie.

gonna eat thanksgiving lunch with Kevin and Jimmy then I’ll be over

I chuckled.

That’s fine. Turkey has a few more hours. I’ll keep Mats and Shane entertained.

I turned back to chopping up cucumbers when someone knocked on the door. Mats and Shane didn’t even flinch, enthralled in whatever game they were playing.

“Yo Zucc. Someone’s at the door.” I hollered.

“Oh let them play dear. I’ll get it.” My mother said as she came out of the living room to get the door.

When she opened the door, I saw Carl standing there with a bottle of wine. I rolled my eyes as my mother pulled him in for a hug.

“You know she’s only hugging you cause you brought her wine.” I said as they walked into the kitchen.

“Gotta suck up where I can.” He said sneaking an arm around my waist and turning me to face him.

I blew my bangs out of my eyes as I smiled as him. “Happy Thanksgiving.”

He gave me a lingering kiss before smiling back. “Happy Thanksgiving love. What smells so good?”

“Just a few family recipes that have been passed down through the generations.” My mom answered as she poured herself a glass of wine. “And I decided to finally pass them on since you guys are gonna have a family of your own soon.”

Carl gave my waist a squeeze as Mats came waltzing into the kitchen.

“Hags! When did you get here?”

I shook my head. “Did you not hear me yell for you to get the door not even 5 minutes ago?”

He shrugged as he grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. “We were in the middle of a game. When are we eating?”

“A couple hours. We’re still waiting on Ellie. She’s eating with Kev and Jimmy first.”

He grumbled about being hungry as he walked back to his game. I threw a bag of pretzels in his direction as my phone started to ring.

Carl picked it up and turned on FaceTime call to see Derick.

“Brassy! What do we owe the pleasure?” He asked as he stole a cucumber.

“Just calling to wish you pilgrims a happy Thanksgiving. And to mention that Canadian Thanksgiving is better.”

I scoffed as I looked at the phone. “I beg to differ Frenchie. At least we celebrate ours at the right time of the year. Don’t you have a game to prepare for?”

“Yeah I’m getting ready to take a quick nap. Decided to check in on our favorite incubator.”

Carl shook his head smiling as I pointed the knife at my phone. “You’re lucky you’re in Boston right now.”

He snickered. “Love you too Livvy.”

I went back to mixing up the salad as the boys chit chatted for awhile more.

“Yo while I got you on the phone. We are coming into town to play your asses on the 5th, and Ellie bought me tickets to the Giants/Steelers game on the 4th. You in?” I heard Derick ask.

Carl shrugged and looked at me. “We don’t have anything planned do we?”

I shook my head. “Nothing that cannot wait. Go have fun. Me and Ellie can have a girl’s day. Start figuring out the nursery and what not.”

“I’ll go. But I’m rooting for the home team.”

“Booooooo.” I heard Derick say.

I took my phone from Carl. “Go nap you big baby. We’ll see you in a couple weeks.” I said as I hung up.

———————————————

A couple hours later, everyone was gathered at the table as I carried the turkey to the table. Carl stood up and grabbed the turkey to place it down.

I wiped my hands on my pants. “Okay everyone. Dig in. I know some of you have flights to catch.”

I sat down as they started passing the food around. Once everyone’s plates were full, Shane stood up and cleared his throat.

“So, it’s been a long time since I have had a family Thanksgiving. And the ones I have had, has always been with Liv and her parents and Ellie. Now I know our families have grown, but I am happy to see that my girls are being taken care of.” He smiled towards me and Ellie. “Liv, you’ve always been a bonus sister and thank you for inviting me on this trip. And Ellie, I am so happy for you. You’ve been through hell and are coming out on top.” He raised his glass. “So I say we raise a glass to family. May we always be there for and support one another, no matter where we are.”

——————————————

After dinner, I was washing dishes when I felt arms wrap around me and rub my growing belly.

“I need to head to the airport, but I don’t want to leave you.” Carl mumbled against my hair.

I sighed and I leaned back into him. “I know. I’ll be home in less than a week and you’ll be busy with your schedule.”

He groaned as I turned around to face him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “You act like we haven’t done this before, Hagelin.”

“I know but I’m used to coming home to you now. You spoiled me.”

I laughed. “Go. You need to get to Minnesota. Mama called you two an Uber, it should be here any minute.”

He sighed and kissed my forehead as my mama walked in with her bags.

“Now you gotta share her with me, you get to see her sooner than I do.” She said as she made her way to me and gave me a big hug.

“You take care of my grand baby growing inside you. And I’ll see you at Christmas.”

“Okay Ma. Give Dad my love.” I told her has her phone chimed.

“Well the Uber is here.” My mother said as she looked at Carl. “Can you help with my bags?”

“Yeah give me just a sec.” he said as she headed to say goodbye to Ellie and the boys.

“You better go.” I said wiping my hands on a towel. “Good luck tomorrow.”

He kissed the top of my head as he went to help my mom with her bags.

After they left, Mats walked into the kitchen.

“Ah alone again min kjærlighet.” He said leaning against the counter.

I chuckled as I threw the towel at him. “You just don’t give up do you?”

“Nah, I know my limits. Besides, I figured I would butter ya up now that way I become the frontrunner for godfather of this spawn.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah okay. As long as you don’t turn my child into a Rangers fan.”

He smiled as he headed out of the room. “No promises.”

---------------------------------------------

A week later, I was on a plane back home to Pittsburgh.

After landing, I made my way down to the baggage claim, pulling out my phone to text Carl to find out where he was.

By the time I reached the bottom of the escalator, I still had no answer. I huffed and turned to head toward the correct claim when I saw him, standing there with a sign, written in Swedish and covered in glitter.

I smiled as he saw me. When I reached him, he swept me into a hug and gave me a deep kiss.

I smiled as he pulled away and smiled back. “Hi.”

“God. I’ve missed you.” He said wrapping his arms around me tighter.

“I missed you too. Even though we just had dinner a few days ago.” I said giggling.

He rolled his eyes as he let go and grabbed my hand, leading me to the baggage claim. “It isn’t the same. The house has been too quiet and the bed too empty without you.”

I smiled as I leaned into him. I caught a glimpse of the sign before I grabbed it.

“It’s so glittery.” I said as I inspected it.

He rolled his eyes. “That’s because Isabella just had to make a sign for Aunt Livvy with my help, and we kinda went a little too hard with the glitter.”

“Well I love it, even though I can’t read it.” I joked.

“Oh there’s another surprise for you at home.” He said as he grabbed my bags.

I arched an eyebrow. “Oh?”

He nodded as he led the way to the exit. “Yes. And I need to to wear a blindfold for when we get there.”

“Is it really a surprise or are you finally gonna get rid of me? Cause this is sounding like a bad movie.” I joked.

He shot me a look. “Trust me okay? You’ll love it.”

I sighed as I nodded as I got in the car and he handed me an eyemask. I reluctantly put it on as he loaded the bags and got in, grabbing my hands as he started to pull away.

We made small talk on the way back to the house, everything from his season to how to decorate the nursery.

I took a deep breath as I felt the car come to a stop, signaling we were in our driveway. I heard Carl chuckle as he got out and came to help me out of the car.

“Are you sure you’re not gonna kill me?” I said as he guided me up our front stoop and to the front door.

“Yes I am sure.” He said as I heard him open the front door. “Now take off the mask.”

I paused for a minute before i slid it off my face. When I opened my eyes, I saw the entire house decorated for Christmas.

“Oh my God.” I said in shock. “It’s perfect.”

He smiled as he led me into the living room, where the tree was set up.

I gasped as I saw it and tears started forming. “When did you even have the time?”

He shoved a hand in his pocket as he rubbed his neck. “I had a couple days off before we played in Brooklyn. Plus Lauren and Malin helped a little bit.”

I took it all in as I heard bells jingling as Glory ran into my legs, tail wagging with a bow and bells around her neck.

I giggled as I picked her up and snuggled her. “Daddy even got you in the holiday spirit huh puppy?”

He smiled as he petted her head. “Well she was playing in all the garland. So I found some ribbon and the bell and put it on her.”

“Seriously Carl, I cannot believe you did all of this for me. It’s perfect.”

“With everything you do for me, this is the least I could do.” He said as he kissed my cheek. “Now go relax, I’ll go get your bags out of the car.”

I nodded as I headed to the couch and put my feet up and cuddled with Glory. After unpacking the car, Carl came over and sat beside us, wrapping his arm around me.

“I am so glad you’re home.” He said as he kissed my head, reaching for the remote.

“Me too.” I said as I grabbed the remote out of his hand and put on Lifetime.

He groaned. “Look, I know I decorated and all, but it’s the beginning of December, isn’t it too early for Christmas movies?”

I giggled. “You put me in the Christmas spirit, and now you can make your pregnant girlfriend even more happy by cuddling and watching holiday movies with her.”

He playfully rolled his eyes. “Whatever you want.”

A little bit later, Glory was snoring in between my legs as I leaned against Carl, who had his arm around me, hand on my growing tummy, when I felt a flutter in my stomach.

“What was that?” He asked pulling his hand away.

I looked up at him. “Did you feel it too?”

“Obviously that’s why I am asking what it was.”

I smiled as I felt it again. “That’s our little peanut officially make their presence known.”

His eyes got big and he smiled as he rubbed his hand over my belly.

“My little swedish fish at work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever! Working two jobs has really taken a toll on me.