Status: Enjoy

Getting Chummy with the Neighbours

Getting Chummy with the Neighbours

Image

I was told that moving into this neighborhood would be the best decision I ever made and that was the case, until 3 years when Jimmy Sullivan moved into the house next door. It was fine at most times because he was on tour most of the year but when he was home from tour, he and his friends were a nightmare to deal with their loud ass parties until 4 in the morning. I got used to it after a while but for the last few days and nights, there was nonstop continuous drumming.

I looked over at my alarm clock and found bright red numbers blinking back at me. 3:42 in the fucking morning and this idiot was playing the drums once a-fucking-gain. Running a hand over my face, I kicked the covers off and climbed out of bed, wrapping myself in my silk robe and slipping on my slippers. I had to be at work at 7am and not being able to sleep was giving me the shits. I tied my robe at the waist and trudged downstairs.

Jerking the front door open, I stomped out of my front yard and over to the guilty household. I banged on the front door, waiting for an answer but only received more noisy drumming. “I’m so fucking over this shit,” I grumbled, putting my hand on the door knob and pushing the front door open.

“Hello? Jimmy?”

No reply.

As I walked further into the house, I found a doorway, leading down to what was most likely the basement and source of the drumming. “Jimmy!” I yelled.

Climbing down the stairs, I found the culprit, sitting behind a drum kit wearing nothing but a pair of basketball shorts. He was all sweaty and, if I’m quite honest, looking pretty hot. I saw him around quite a few times when he wasn’t on the road that is and I knew his name was Jimmy but I didn’t realize that he had tattoos. I had lived next to him for the last 3 years but I kept to myself mostly. “What are you doing in my house?”

I shifted m attention from his chest to his face and cleared my throat. “What?” I asked.

“I said why are you in my house?”

I rolled my eyes and cocked my hip out to the side. “Well, I wouldn’t be if you were more considerate of your neighbors.”

Jimmy shrugged his shoulders like he didn’t get a care. “What’s your point?” He asked.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and glared at him. “Jimmy, I’m fucking tired okay? I have work in a couple hours and you’ve kept me up all night with your nonstop drumming. Can you please just stop?”

Jimmy pondered my question for a few moments and gave me a smirk. “What do I get in return if I do?”

I groaned and rubbed at my temples, feeling my head start to throb. “Don’t be a dick Jimmy,” I snapped, getting fed up.

“No deal. Sorry buttercup.”

“Ugh, fine! What do I have to do to get you to stop your drumming? Shove a drumstick up your ass?”

“Mm, I get that you’re into that type of shit but nah, dinner later tonight.”

“Why would I do that?”

Jimmy smirked and twirled his drumsticks. “Aw shit, I haven’t finished practicing my drumming.”

I watched as he tapped his drumsticks together and started bashing on his drums again.

“FINE!” I screamed. “You win. Can I please go to fucking sleep now?!”

“Sure,” he replied, jumping up from his behind his drum kit. “I trust you can find your own way out?”

I clenched my jaw and stared at him. “Of course I can.”

Without another word, I stormed up the stairs. “Oh, and one more thing Hollie?”

“What?”

“Nice slippers.”

I looked down at my feet before sending him a glare and stomping out of his house.

***

Letting out a yawn as I brushed my hair back into a low messy bun, I looked at myself in the mirror. Dark circles hung low underneath my eyes making my skin look even paler than it already was. I didn’t understand why I bothered to put makeup on, it didn’t help. I was just happy that it was Friday and that I didn’t have to work the full day. As soon as that clock hits 12pm, I’m gonna be out that door faster than you can say ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’.

12pm came around quick smart and I was out that door. I was an advertising executive and while I loved my job, there were days where I got into moods and didn’t really want to come in. I climbed into my car and cranked the radio up as ‘Cowboys from Hell’ by Pantera played.

Pulling into the driveway I noticed Jimmy sitting on the front steps of my house. “For fuck sakes,” I whispered, letting my head hit the headrest. I was too tired to deal with him. Grabbing my blazer and handbag off the passenger seat, I climbed out and made my way to the front door. “What are you doing here?” I grumbled.

Jimmy stood up and gave me a small smile. “I wanted to apologize for last night. I acted like an ass. It wasn’t fair to you.”

I nodded. “Thanks. Do you want to come inside?”

“Yeah, please.”

I unlocked the front door and walked inside, leaving it open for Jimmy to close behind him. “There’s beer in the fridge. I’m just gonna get changed. I’ll be back down in a minute.”

Jimmy nodded and took a seat on the sofa in the living room, switching the TV on to ‘Spongebob Squarepants’. I smiled and let out a small chuckle before making my way upstairs to my bedroom to get changed.

“Let’s play 20 questions,” I said, passing Jimmy a beer.

“Okay,” he said with a nod, turning the TV off. “Okay, how old are you?”

“I’m 24. What made you take up drumming?”

“I’ve always like drumming. I was influenced by Lars Ulrich, Vinnie Paul and Steven Adler, amongst others. My parents got me a drum kit for Christmas one year when I was younger and I never looked back. My best friends and I started a band in high school, and well the rest is history.”

I nodded and sent him a smile. “Your music is pretty good. I mean I’ve only heard some of your songs but they’re pretty good. I really like that song, ugh what is it, um…something acclaim.”

“Critical Acclaim?” He asked, arching his eyebrow.

I nodded and clicked my fingers together. “Yes, that’s it. I really like that song. It speaks so much about this country.”

Jimmy nodded and took a swig of his beer. “Yeah, Matt and I were watching the news one day, we got so pissed about what was happening and Critical Acclaim was the outcome. Favorite band?”

“Good Charlotte and Metallica. What’s your favorite movie?”

“That’s easy, Jacob’s Ladder. Your favorite food?”

‘Pizza, of course. Oh and cookies!” I exclaimed.

“Oh, good choice. Listen can I ask a question?”

“You just did,” I replied, taking a swig of my wine. I had opted for a glass of wine over beer. It wasn’t that I didn’t like beer, I just preferred wine but I always kept beer in the fridge for guests.

Jimmy rolled his eyes. “I’m serious Hollie.”

I let out a sigh and bit my lip. “I’m sorry Jimmy. What’s your question?”

“Do you still want to go out to dinner with me?”

“Yeah, that’d be nice but only as friends, okay?”

Jimmy nodded and sent me a grin. “That’s fine with me Hollie. I’ll pick you up at 7?”

“That sounds good. I’m gonna have a nap before then, or I’ll most likely fall asleep halfway through dinner.”

He laughed and stood up from his spot on the sofa, walking over and pressing a kiss to my forehead. “Night princess, promise I won’t make too much noise. See you later.”

I let out a chuckle as I watched him leave my house, before dragging my sorry ass up to my cozy bed.

***

I brushed at some invisible fluff away from my dress, before looking at myself in the mirror. I don’t know why I was so nervous, it wasn’t even a date. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t been out with a guy since my ex. Hearing a knock on my front door, I took one last look and let out a heavy sigh before grabbing my clutch and rushing downstairs as fast as I could.

I opened the front door, slightly out of breath – it wasn’t easy rushing down the stairs in heels guys – and smiled when I saw Jimmy standing there with a bouquet of lilies and roses. ”Aw, they’re beautiful Jimmy.”

“I saw them earlier and thought of you. Don’t worry, it’s nothing more than a friendly gesture but a beautiful woman deserves some beautiful flowers.”

I grinned and motioned him to come inside. “Let me just put these in some water and we can go.”

Jimmy smiled and followed me into the kitchen. Maybe tonight wouldn’t be so bad.

***

“I had a good time tonight Jimmy.”

“It’s my pleasure. Are you ready to head out? I can tell you’re trying not to yawn.”

I let out a giggle and nodded. “Yeah, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he replied with a shake of his head. “C’mon, let’s get you home.”

He grabbed my hand and led me out to the valet parking. There was a slight chill in the air as we waited for Jimmy’s car to be brought around and I shivered. “Are you cold?” He asked in a concerned tone.

I nodded. “A little but I’ll be okay.”

“Nonsense, I refuse to let a beautiful woman freeze,” he muttered, wrapping his jacket around my bare shoulders.

“Thank you,” I whispered, as the valet appeared with Jimmy’s car.

“Here are your keys Mr. Sullivan.”

“Thanks,” Jimmy spoke with a smile, taking the keys and slipping the guy a $50 tip before leading me over to the car.

He opened the passenger side door and helped me in. I regretted wearing such a short and tight dress since I had a little trouble getting in and out of his car. There were a few photographers around and I didn’t practically want to show the world my underwear.

Jimmy pulled up in front of my house and switched the engine off, before climbing out and racing around to my side. “Milady,” he announced, opening my door and holding his hand out.

I took it and awkwardly climbed out, Jimmy shutting the car door behind me. “You don’t have to walk me to the door Jimmy.”

Jimmy chuckled and shook his head. “If I didn’t then it wouldn’t be very gentlemanly of me would it?”

I sent him a smile before leaning forward, pressing a kiss to his cheek. “Thank you for tonight Jimmy. I really enjoyed myself. I needed it.”

“Anytime Hollie, I’ll see you later,” he replied, before pressing another kiss to my cheek and walking back to his car.

***

A few months had passed since Jimmy and I had started talking and I honestly didn’t know how much longer I could put up this happy front. As much as I didn’t want to –after what happened with my last relationship- I had fallen in love with Jimmy. We had spent so much time together and he treated me better than any man had in my entire life and I knew that if I didn’t say anything to him soon, I’d lose him altogether. He had met this girl Leana a few weeks ago and they had been talking a lot. I didn’t want to lose him. I refused to.

Jumping off the sofa and slipping my converses onto my clothed feet, I decided to go over to Jimmy’s house and tell him exactly how I felt, but before I could, my front door was smashed in, the door breaking off the hinges completely and landing on the floor. My jaw dropped as I watched Jimmy bounced in with a huge grin on his face. It disappeared when he saw the aftermath of the door and my facial expression. “Jimmy, you broke my fucking door, you dick,” I yelled, stomping my feet.

“Aw, shit. Uh, I’ll pay for that. I promise.”

I frowned at him and folded my arms across my chest, watching him with a glare, but as soon as he sent me a grin, my anger faded. I couldn’t stay mad at him, no matter how hard I tried. “It’s okay Jimmy, I forgive you. Anyways, what’s up buttercup?”

He grinned and raced over to me, picking me up and twirled me around. “I have a question to ask you.”

“Okay? What is it?”

“Would you like to join me on tour?”

I frowned. “Why?”

“Because Hollie, I want to see you every day.”

“As much as I want to Jimmy, I can’t. I don’t have any holiday time left. Plus, I thought you would’ve asked Leana to go with you.”

Jimmy sighed and put me back on the ground. “Yes, you can. I already spoke to your boss. He said you could work from the road, and as for the Leana situation, I don’t like her like that. Yes, we have a lot in common but she likes someone else. There’s only one person for me and that person is you, Hollie. I love you and I want to be with you. So please, just say yes and come on tour with me.”

Instead of replying, I simply pressed my lips against his in a slow sensual kiss. “Help me pack my stuff?” I asked, pulling away with a grin.

Jimmy smiled and lifted me up over his shoulder before racing upstairs to my bedroom, throwing me on the bed and reefing my suitcase out of my closet. “Let’s get started.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 2,349

I realised that after I had written this, that there is another A7x one shot with the same title and a similar plot as mine that was released a year or so ago. I can assure you that I was not aware that there was one similar to mine. Someone had sent me a request on www.avengedsevenfoldfanfiction.com where I also post one-shots so before you have a go at me for trying to copy someone else's one-shot, please read this note.

All negative comments will be removed.

~HarleyQuinzel1001