A Story to Tell Your Friends

Thirty-Five.

It was well past midnight and into the early hours of the morning. I was beyond enjoying getting to know Jack’s other friends, especially the ones who had somewhat normal jobs, because it made me feel way less out of place than all his famous friends did. Jack had pretty much had his hands on me all night, and it wasn’t going unnoticed by the rest of the guys. The more alcohol I drank, the less concerned I felt by his attentions and everyone else’s reactions to them.
“Okay, we get it, Jack. Your girlfriend is hot and you wanna bone her, now come do some fuckin’ shots,” Brian scowled as Jack was pulling me into yet another far-too-heated-for-public kiss. I laughed loudly at Jack’s pout, pulling him back over to the bar so I could drink with the guys. A small cheer erupted from the group when the two of us made it over, drinks pushed straight into our hands.
“Shit, she drinks more than you do,” Ashton laughed as I threw my drink back without hesitation. My throat had long since stopped burning with the taste of vodka, but the aniseed in Sambuca still made me gag a little, despite the tingling numbness prevalent in my fingers and my lips.
I was wasted, and I didn’t care.
“That’s exactly the kind of competition I need in my life. We push the boundaries. I drink one shot, she drinks two… then I drink three. It’s the perfect balance. We encourage each other to be great.” I snorted softly, nudging him with my hip, to which he grinned and pulled me closer. “I show up as her second favourite video game character, she shows up as everybody’s favourite slutty character. Pushing boundaries.” He moved my face up to his, kissing me for what felt like the thousandth time that night. “You totally one up me every time.”
“I aim for greatness,” I replied, putting my lips back on his. I savoured the taste of his lips, losing myself in the feel of his hands on my waist. His mouth moved perfectly in time with my own and I barely even registered my arms latching themselves around his neck, pulling him even closer, despite how impossible that had felt thirty seconds ago.
I shrieked as the plastic ball hit my face, pulling away abruptly and registering the other guys still laughing at us.
“You know, I’m super proud of my makeup tonight,” I told Jack, ignoring the others. “I mean, I’ve been making out with you like there’s no tomorrow and there is zero white paint on your face.”
“Least of my problems tonight, cutie,” he laughed. “You looking like that has given me much more to think about than getting makeup on my face.”
“You guys are gross,” Brian told us. “I mean, at least Alex and Lisa actually keep this shit in the bedroom.”
“Or the bathroom,” Brendon interjected.
“Yes, or the bathroom. They definitely keep it out of the bar and out of our faces.”
“Oh, boohoo,” I replied, waving them off and flagging down the bartender. “At least Jack has someone to make out with the tonight. Jealousy doesn’t look good on you, Bri.” Another round of laughter sparked from the guys as I ordered Jack and I another drink, along with another round of shots for everyone.
“I love her,” Danny said through his laughter, ignoring Brian’s attempt at a scowl.
“Fuck off, man, she’s mine.”
“It’s cute when you get super jealous,” I cooed, passing Jack his drink before wrapping my arm around his waist. “I mean, I’m the crazy girlfriend. You need to have some neuroses too.”
“I have all the neuroses in the world for you.” He let out a playful growl and I giggled into my glass. His lines were awful when he’d had a couple of drinks, but, despite my giggling, there was some fluttering in my stomach when he hopelessly hit on me in front of his friends. We were being drunken teenagers, essentially, but I fucking loved it.
“Stop it!” Brian called, throwing the plastic ball at Jack’s face this time instead of mine as he moved closer to kiss me once again.
“I fucking hate you guys,” Jack grumbled, letting go of me to take a drink and act like we weren’t being teenagers again. “Look, I’m not touching her. Happy now? Do you know how difficult this is?”
“Aw, poor baby,” I cooed playfully, stopping myself short as I moved toward him again. “I mean, I can totally go home if you’d like? That way the guys won’t hate me and you’ll have nothing to distract you.” I smiled at the scowl on his face when I suggested leaving without him. I enjoyed messing with him, especially considering I knew how this night was going to end. Besides, his friends were definitely warming to me quite well. I’d initially felt like I was going to be intruding on a ‘guy’s night’, but they’d all been so welcoming and genuinely happy to meet me, so I figured I wasn’t doing too bad.
“If anyone is going anywhere, it’s definitely going to be Jack,” Brian laughed. “We like you the best already.”
“Dude, what did I just say? All of you need to back off my girl.”
“Why, feeling threatened, Barakat?” Jack’s eyes narrowed at Brian’s comment and I continued giggling into my glass at the pair.
Get his number. Chris is totally on board. He’s on my list.
I pulled my phone out of the one (remarkably tight) pocket I had in my pants as it vibrated, laughing loudly at Tammy’s response to the text I’d sent her well over 2 hours ago about meeting Brendon. I nudged Jack quickly to get his attention, pulling him away from his fake argument with Brian, and showing him the text.
“I think you’re only Tammy’s third favourite person in this bar tonight,” I told him. He scowled again, taking my phone off me and typing furiously before jamming it into his pocket.
“Not that I’m not totally enjoying absolutely ruining everybody’s night, but I think we’re gonna head out,” Jack announced to the guys, who had returned to their own conversations and drinks.
“We are?” I pouted. It may have been after one, but I was still feeling energetic and up for a good night. Jack wasn’t normally one to be the first to turn in either, so I was definitely surprised.
“Oh, Clara, he’s trying to get you home to stroke his ego,” Brendon laughed.
“Yeah, his ‘ego’,” Brian retorted. “Is that what we call his dick these days?”
“Jesus fucking Christ, what are you? Five?” Jack scowled. “Gentlemen don’t fuck and tell.”
“Gentlemen also don’t dry hump their girlfriends in the bar. So, clearly, you’re not a gentleman.”
“Fuck off, Brian.” Jack stalked away at his words, flipping his friends off as he grabbed my hand and pulled me from the bar.
“It was nice meeting you!” I called over my shoulder as the group began to laugh again. The boys waved us off, before fading into the crowd as Jack and I left the building. Apparently, he’d been planning his supposedly impulsive exit, as there was a taxi waiting to take us to Jack’s out front.
I’d barely managed to shut the door to Jack’s apartment when I felt myself being pushed back against it, Jack’s lips on my own. He’d hardly touched me on the ride over, so I half figured he’d calmed down a little since the bar, but clearly he’d just been restraining himself. His hands moved down until they were resting on my thighs, pushing me upwards and making my wrap my legs around his waist, still not disconnecting his lips from mine.
This was, honestly, the first time Jack’s lips had felt so desperate against my own and I was absolutely lost in it. We were usually such chilled out people that, despite how intense we got, you know, during, we never got this worked up before anything had happened. I was completely loving it.
My clothes and Jack’s fell off somewhere between his front door and his bedroom, where we shut ourselves in for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, sorry! I have deadlines coming out of my butt and I've just started a new job and I'm looking for a new flat and just... urgh. Life is hectic.
I'll be quicker next time. Promise.