Days of Black and Gold

One Little Kiss Never Killed Nobody

Nostalgia hit me as I pulled into my empty parking spot. Somehow, I had expected it to be filled, but couldn’t stop the smile when I noticed that it wasn’t.

As I pushed open the driver’s side door, I grabbed my clutch off the seat next to me and made my way to the door. I pulled the key out of my pocket, and drew in a deep breath, contemplating that this was, in fact, what I wanted to do. Sliding the key into the locker, I let the breath slip through my pursed lips.

The door seemed heavier than I remembered as I pushed it open, taking in the familiar space. I stepped out of my red heels and dropped my clutch next to them before heading for in the direction of the bedroom.

I could see a faint light from below the door to Sidney’s room, and immediately knew that after giving me the key, he drove home and had been waiting up for me.

Slowly, I turned the knob, giving myself one last chance to change my mind, and opened the door. My eyes landed on Sidney, half naked, sitting in bed with the book I had gotten him for Christmas.

“You made it,” he grinned, placing the book next to a bottle of wine and two glasses on his bedside table.

“Yeah,” I murmured, standing awkwardly between the door and the bed.

“Is it weird?” He asked, moving around the bed and then toward me.

I cocked my head, trying to decipher what he meant.

“Is it weird to be back here?” He clarified, stopping in front of me and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

“A little,” I confessed, glancing down at his well developed chest. “I’m not really sure what to think, or feel. I want to say this is the right thing, for us, for the girls, but I just don’t know, Sidney.”

“Do you trust me?”

“Always,” I nodded, looking back up into his eyes. “But after everything that happened in January, do you trust me?”

“Yes.”

“But?”

“But it will take some time to get back to where we were.”

“Are you sure that’s what you want? To get back to where we were?”

“Isn’t that what we both want?”

“At this point, I just want clarity. I want to be able to see where this is going. I want to know that what happened in the past is dealt with. I want the girls to have a family. I want to feel in control, again.”

“Together, we can make that happen.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yes,” he smiled, placing a hand on my cheek.

“How can you know?”

“I still love you.”

The words didn’t have time to settle, as his lips crashed into mine, surprising me for a second time in one night.

“Sidney,” I breathed as he parted.

“Sh,” he hushed, staring at me with a passion in his eyes. “Do you still love me?”

Almost subconsciously, I nodded my head. I was certain that no words would come out if I tried.

“Can we just forget about talking for tonight?”

Without hesitation, I reached up and pulled his face to mine. There was something about his sudden lustful state that made me require his body on mine. My hips shifted forward and my fingers tightened in his hair, diminishing any space between us.

His hands ran down my back, stopping on my hips. Gripping them, he lifted my body, so I could wrap my legs around him, and he carried me over to the bed. He laid me down, and hovered above me as our lips and tongues continued to mingle.

I lightly slide my finger tips across his chest and abdomen, taking in the finite details that I had been craving since our split.

Detaching from my lips, his found their way to my neck as he fiddled with the button on my shorts. Within moments, the faux leather had been removed from my lower half, and he was fingering the hem of my lace shirt. Pausing from his assault, he pulled the top from my body and stared with hungry eyes.

Reattaching himself to my neck, he made his way past my chest and down my stomach, stopping briefly to play with my navel piercing and pull off my moist panties.

“Sid!” I gasped, my hips bucking at the sensation of him nipping my clitoris.

As he continued his work between my legs, my head dropped back in pleasure and my grip tightened on the duvet. My temperature rose and I could feel my muscles flex. A groan of dissatisfaction escaped my lips as Sidney suddenly removed himself from my groin.

He pushed off his shorts before kissing his way back up my stomach to my neck. A new wave of excitement washed over me as his hard cock sunk into my folds at the same time that he bit down on my collarbone.

Mustering my strength, I flipped Sidney onto his back and lowered myself onto his erection. I dipped my face to his, giving him a passionate kiss as I began to ride him. My hips rocked with each movement, causing his tip to hit satisfaction.

As my climax built, Sidney spun me underneath him. I let out a moan as he plunged deep inside me, taking no time to quicken his pace. My fingers clung to the duvet as I reached my peak.

“Fuck,” Sidney mumbled, falling next to me on the bed.

I stared at the ceiling, unable to move or speak in my state of ecstasy.

Turning onto his side to face me, the brunette pushed my sweaty hair away from my face. “I know I said it before, but I really am glad you came over tonight.”

As I came down from my high, his rough fingers traced shapes on my abdomen.

“Do you want a glass of wine?”

“Aren’t you supposed to get me drunk before you screw me?” I cocked a brow at him.

“Only if I were a true gentleman,” Sidney smirked, propping himself up.

“Sassy,” I commented, with a chuckled. “I’m not drinking though.”

“It’s your favourite,” he tempted, raising his brows.

“Sid, the girls drink my milk.”

“Do you not have anything bottled?”

“I do,” I nodded, pushing myself up to a seated position. “But, I’m going to have to use the breastmilk.”

“Sometimes you are too cautious.”

“That’s a bit rich coming from you,” I joked, nudging his arm.

“Funny,” he grinned, getting up from the bed.

I watched as he made his way around to the other side and picked up the bottle. “Pour me a glass,” I sighed, giving into him.

“I knew you’d have one.”

I rolled my eyes at the man, before standing up and making my way to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, I unhooked my damp bra, surprised by how much leakage had occurred. I slung the undergarment over the towel bar and pulled a hand towel from a cupboard before peeking my head out the door. “Sid?”

“Margot?” He asked, turning to me with a glass of wine in both hands.

“Do you have a tee-shirt I can borrow? One that you don’t mind getting wet? Sometimes I leak through the night, and would hate to ruin your sheets.”

“You know where I keep my shirts. Go ahead and grab any of them. I can throw in a load of laundry tomorrow if I have to.”

“Thanks,” I murmured, opening the door wider and heading to his dresser. Removing a cotton shirt, I pulled it over my head.

“I love the way you look in my clothes,” Sidney spoke from his side of the bed. “Now, get over here.”

Obeying, I made my way over, dropping the towel on the nightstand before getting under the duvet. I took a glass from him, and swirled the liquid inside of it.

“How are you handling things?”

“Sorry?” I looked up into his bright hazel eyes.

“You’ve been on your own a lot these past six months, right?”

“Cath, Kris and Geno have been trying to make it over as much as they can. It was hard, since it was the playoffs, then the off season, and now it’s preseason.”

“But, you’ve been okay?”

“For the most part,” I shrugged, taking a sip of wine. “Twins are not easy to deal with on your own. Mom came down a couple times to give me a break, and it feels like Pappy is here every couple of weeks, so I haven’t been totally alone.”

“Greg’s here now?”

“Yeah, he basically told me to get out of the house tonight.”

“This wasn’t exactly what he meant,” Sidney laughed.

“No,” I agreed. “But I already talked to him. I think he understands why I came over.”

“Why did you?”

I paused, trying to come up with the best response. “I know that our whole relationship flew by. Everything happened so quickly, and I was beyond happy. I loved you then, and I still love you now. In my heart, I know I’m never going to love anyone like I love you.

“Sometimes, I think that if I wasn’t such a fool, things would have worked out better. I like to think that I would have told you about Robin, given another start, but obviously that can’t happen. So, I guess this is me, putting myself out there, in hopes that I can have another shot. Given that shot, I think I can do it right.”