Status: In Process (:

Stuck Inside Your Hurricane

1.

Trees flew by as the taxicab maneuvered its way through Jack’s childhood neighborhood as he glanced out the window, letting out a sigh of relief. Jack and his band mates, from All Time Low, just got back from touring Europe with a few bands they were close to. He only had a couple of weeks off before they set off around the US on tour and he was home in Towson to attend a ceremony honoring his father and a few other men for their work at the hospital they attended at. As they drove down his street he noticed familiar cars and new cars, new families and old families and some of the neighborhood kids had grown up significantly since the last time he was home. The smile on his face instantly fell when he glanced at a home that was a few down from his and sighed, the memories he had in that home with one of the occupants flooding his brain. A wave of depression instantly took over. Even though it’d been eight years since she left, Jack still felt miserable without her. His band mates can testify against that, he wasn’t the same.

“Sir, we’re here,” the driver said as he pulled into Jack’s parents drive way. Jack threw the car door open and grabbed his bags from the driver, handing him his money plus a little more as a tip. Jack dragged his bags up the walkway and pushed the door open.

“Ma? Pa? I’m home!” Jack yelled as he walked through the foyer and left his bags by the stairs, starting for the kitchen.

“Jacky? Is that you?” His mother, Joyce, called out and Jack immediately smiled. He was, no doubt, a mother’s boy. He loves both of his parents but he would stop a concert if his mom were to call just to chat. His mom appeared in the hallway and Jack threw his arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

“I missed you, momma,” he said as he pulled away. His mom held him at arms length and smiled at him before pinching his cheeks.

“Come on, I’m making your favorite dinner,” his mom said as she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him into the kitchen where he found his father sitting at the table reading today’s paper. He walked over to his dad and gave him a hug before sitting down next to him.

For the next couple of hours Jack and his parents talked about his tour and all of the places they went and the amazing turn out they had while they ate dinner and followed up with some decaf coffee and cake his mom made.

“So what’s the deal with your house? How long are the renovations going to take?” His father, Bassam, asked as he set his coffee cup down.

“They said a few more months, but I’m hoping by the time tour is over and we’re done preparing for our next CD it’ll be ready,” Jack said as he helped his mom clear the table of all the dirty dishes and load up the dishwasher. “I’ll probably stay out in L.A. until it’s done.”

“We’re proud of you, son,” his dad said as he pat his son on his back before walking into the living room.

“Jack, honey? Could you go get the trash cans from the curb and take the trash out?” His mother asked and Jack obliged. He pulled his shoes on and threw the door open and made his way to the bottom of the driveway. Just as he grabbed the handles to the trashcans he heard a loud laugh come from a few houses down. He scrunched his eyebrows together and turned his head to look at his former best friends house and dropped the trash cans at the sight in front of him, causing the three figures in the yard three houses down to look up at him.

The two younger kids shook it off and went back to playing but the older, now blonde, woman gasped in surprise before shooting Jack a shy smile and small wave. He couldn’t believe his eyes. She was back and she was acting as if everything was normal, like she didn’t abandon him eight years ago after giving him the scare of a lifetime. He shook his head before grabbing the trashcans and walking back up the driveway and placed the bins in the garage. He walked into the foyer and grabbed his jacket and car keys before walking towards the front door.

“Ma, Pa I’m going to Alex’s I’ll be back sometime later! Don’t wait up,” Jack said as he yelled out into the house before stepping outside and slamming the door. He walked down to his all black BMW and climbed in, starting the car and backing out of the drive. In order to avoid her house, Jack went the opposite direction and took the back way to his best friends house.

Twenty minutes later and Jack was banging on Alex’s door, waiting for someone to answer. Just as he was about to knock again Alex’s girlfriend, Lisa, opened the door and smiled at him.

“Jack? What are you doing here?” She questioned as she stood aside and let Jack walk in.

“Is Alex here?” He asked and she pointed upstairs. Jack took the steps; two at a time, until he was shaking his best friend awake in his bedroom. “Wake up!”

“Whoa, Jack! What the fuck, man? I’m trying to sleep. What are you even doing here?” Alex questioned as he sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Jack laid down next to his best friend and groaned.

“She’s back.”

“Who is back?” Alex said and he plopped back down and covered his face with a pillow.

“Caroline. Caroline is back, I saw her just now playing with her niece and nephew in her parents yard,” Jack sighed, trying to blink back the tears that were forming in his eyes.

“I’ll go get the alcohol,” Alex groaned as he stood up and walked down stairs. Moments later and both Alex and Lisa walked in. Alex carrying a bottle of Jack Daniels and Lisa carrying three glasses behind him. They knew this day would come, Jack told them many years ago that the day Caroline Richards returns is the day they get unforgettably wasted.

“I can’t believe it took her eight years to come back,” Lisa commented as she handed Jack a glass full of whiskey.

“I can’t believe the bitch came back,” Alex muttered and Lisa slapped his arm, cursing him for calling Caroline such a name. “What? I’m allowed to feel that way about her. She hurt my best friend, she put him through a pain he’s never experienced before. She’s the reason Jack hasn’t been himself in eight years. She skipped town and took the old Jack with her.”

“I’m sitting right here, you know?” Jack said and Alex just looked at him and shrugged.

“You know it’s true. Anyways, what’s the plan?” Alex asked as he poured everyone another shot.

“What plan?” Jack asked and Alex just chuckled.

“How are we getting our revenge? We have to do something!” Alex exclaimed and Lisa bowed her head in disappointment.

“Why do we have to do anything? Can’t she just live with the pain of knowing she shattered Jack into pieces?” Lisa commented and Jack nods his head.

“Yeah, what the brunette elf said,” Jack said and Lisa, playfully, punched him. Lisa and Jack were close. Alex has been with her off and on since high school and over the years she’s become a good friend of Jack’s and she always has an open ear when Jack starts thinking about Caroline.

“Can’t we just egg her house or at least TP it? Something!” Alex exclaimed, as more shots were poured.

“No! That’s rude!” Lisa yelled.

“It does sound kind of satisfying though. Can we light dog shit on fire and ring her bell? Please?” Jack said and Alex nodded his head in excitement as he stood up and pulled on his shoes and threw a hoodie on. Jack followed Alex downstairs where he grabbed a paper bag from the kitchen and walked out back to pick up a pile of his dog, Payton’s, poop and grabbed a lighter before the two of them met Lisa by the door who was pulling her shoes on.

“Are you coming with?” Jack asked.

“Yes. Somebody has to drive the get away car. In plus, Alex was right. The bitch needs something done to her.”

The three of them cheered before piling into Lisa’s car and heading in the right direction, ready to get the smallest form of revenge on the girl that broke Jack’s heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK with an All Time Low fanfic centered around the one and only ~DRUM ROLL PLEASE~ JACK BASSAM "SEXY ASS" BARAKAT!!!

Woo! Let me know what think in the comments and I will get the second chapter up soon!!!

I have missed Mibba so much. I tried out Wattpad but noticed it had a poor following for Pop-Punk fans like ourselves and the stories were trash.

Anyways, I send you all my love. I hope my previous readers (from years ago) are still active and reading this! I've missed you all! Send love back.

THX, J