Status: I love Shizaya, they're my OTP <3

Daring!

The Doctor

I woke up in a home. I was on a couch. I wasn't alone.

"Ow, my head." I said and sat up slowly. Shinra was there with his girlfriend Celty, who happened to be a headless faerie. Everything was completely normal. No one thought twice about her.

"Be careful, Izaya-san." Shinra said and reached out to help me. "You're beat up pretty bad. You have a broken arm and a pretty serious concussion. Take it easy for a while, okay?"

"Who brought me here?" I growled. I was so upset about what happened. I felt like a loser. I couldn't believe that Shizuo managed to hurt me so much, but he did, and things seemed to get worse every time.

"I did." I heard a voice say from the corner of the room. It was Shizuo and he had his arms crossed and a cigarette in his mouth. He didn't look angry anymore and he studied me for a few seconds before looking away.

"You looked like you were dying, I couldn't just leave you there.." He said under his breath.

"Shinra." I said and turned slowly to him. "Can you give me and Shizu-chan some privacy?"

Shinra nodded and lead Celty out of the room. Once I heard the door shut, I turned back to the beast.

"Thank you for bringing me here. You saved me a lot of money."

"Don't speak to me as if you're not going to get revenge on me later for halfway killing you."

I opened my mouth to say something mean, but stopped myself. Instead I sat back on the couch and softened my expression. "I said I was sorry before I passed out. I didn't just say it because I was scared."

"Are you really trying to convince me that you're going to be a decent human towards me?" Shizuo hissed and took a drag from his cigarette. Smoke poured from his nose silently. I nodded, but didn't want to look at him. I was being down to earth with someone for the first time. I felt stupid, but I needed Shizuo to know my feelings.

"Shizuo.." I began and cringed in embarrassment. "When you told me you were getting feelings for me, for a split second, it made me happy. Then you said that you wanted me to leave you alone because you don't like the fact that you're in love with me. That hurt me pretty fucking bad."

Shizuo remained silent. I was happy at that. I didn't want to get too in-depth with my feelings, I just needed to get the general ones out. He was letting me say what I needed to say and I was thankful.

"At first I thought that I wouldn't care that you didn't like me. I thought I only wanted you for your body. I thought I was.. in lust with you, but.. it was more than that. It wasn't just lust, it was love so I can easily say that.. I'm in love with you Shizuo Heiwajima. You're all I think about now. I've fucked you up in the past, but I want to make up for that. Let me show you my good side."

Then I looked at him to see how he was reacting. His eyes were wide and clear. His cigarette was gone. He seemed to be tearing up. "don't you see..?" He said in almost a whisper. "Nothing you say is going to change the fact that I cannot be in a romantic relationship with you. You've done too much. I'm sorry Izaya, but this is the last time I'm going to help you, talk to you, and hopefully be in the same room as you. Good bye." Then he kissed my forehead, and left.

And I was alone.