Status: Completed Feb 19 2018

Our Crazy Little Thing Called Family

Chapter 88- A Date With Surprises

Molly dabbed the cloth against her cheeks and under her very red eyes. In the ten minutes since Cristiano had left she had done nothing but cry. She had cried at the bluntness of his words. She had cried at the words he had used and the bitterness of them. She had cried for the mess they had gotten themselves in. But most of all she had cried for something she knew she was never meant to have. Something she didn’t deserve. The sound of the phone ringing brought her out of her thoughts and she reached for it where it sat on the counter top in the bathroom. She read the name of the screen and her right had gripped the edge of the countertop.

“What” she snapped once she answered it. “Molly what the hell happened?” Nuno asked. “Ask the bastard you call a cousin” she snapped as tears began to fall from her eyes once more. “I would but he just came barging into the house with a face like thunder” Nuno said. “Well I don’t care” she sobbed. “I don’t care anymore” she cried. “Oh Mols. Don’t cry” he begged. “It’s not a date” she cried. “What?” Nuno asked confused. “It’s not a date. I told him that. And he was just so mean” she cried.

“Oh Mols” Nuno sighed. “I’m not having a date with Sergio. I told Ronaldo that. But he…..” she cried. “It’s ok Molly. It’s ok. Don’t cry. I’m sure he didn’t mean it. He was just angry” Nuno told her. “And I’m angry at him. I’m angry that he could think so little of me. Think that I could just lead him on” Molly said. “Mols this is all a misunderstanding. Something which happens allot with you two but it can be fixed” Nuno told her. “He told me that I couldn’t wait to open my legs for Luke so Sergio should have no problem getting me to tonight” Molly snapped. “The stupid stupid” Nuno yelled.

“He said that Irina was right. I don’t want to talk about it Nuno. I’m done” she snapped. “Don’t say that Molly. You don’t mean it. He didn’t mean any of those things. I know he didn’t. He was just jealous. I swear that’s all it was. All he wants is you. All he wants is for you to come back her” Nuno told her. “Well the bags I had packed to come tomorrow won’t be leaving here. Goodnight Nuno” she said hanging up the phone.

She placed the phone back down next to the sink and stared into the mirror. “All he wants is me” she scoffed at Nuno’s words. “Well he has a funny way of showing it” she said grabbing her make up bag.

Molly had just finished applying her foundation when the doorbell rang. She hadn't planned on wearing makeup but she needed to hide the aftermath of all her crying. She took a deep breath before she placed her hand on the door knob. All she wanted to do was to crawl into bed and cry but she didn't want to let Sergio down."Hola" Sergio smiled once she opened the door. "Hi" she smiled as she let him in. "Sorry I'm late. Had trouble finding my car keys. Then I took the wrong turn on my way here. Anyway here I am. And this is for you" he said handing her a bar of chocolate "It was the best I could do" he said sheepishly.

"Thank you Sergio but you didn't have to" she said as he followed her into the apartment. "My mother always told me it is rude to turn up empty handed if someone is cooking you a meal" he said. "Thank you" she said placing the chocolate on the coffee table. "You look lovely Molly. I feel like a slob next to you "he said looking at his training gear. "You look fine. This was the only thing I hadn't packed" she said. "Packed? Are you going somewhere? "he asked. "I had planned to move back to Cristiano's house" she said. "But now?" he asked.

"I'm not so sure. Anyway enough about clothes. Great game today. You played great. You must be hungry" she said moving to stir the curry. "Well if the food tastes as good as it smells then I'm certainly hungry" he laughed. “Well I hope you like this curry” she said. “I’m sure I will. So Ronnie take Junior for the night?” Sergio asked as he took a seat at the table. “Ya he did” she muttered. “He played good today. Though he was in a foul mood. I swear I thought he was going to hit me one point today” he joked.

“Can we not talk about Ronaldo please?” she asked as she placed a plate in front of him on the table. “Oh ya…ahm sure. This looks great Mols” he smiled at her. “I was just using up what was left in the fridge” she shrugged. “So why are you unsure about moving?” he asked taking a bite of his curry. “It’s not important” she said. “Ok come on tell me what has Ronnie done now?” he asked. “Nothing” she lied. “I’d probably believe that if you hadn’t just stabbed a piece of chicken with your fork” he smiled. “We had words” she replied. “About what? I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think. And that he’s sorry for the stupid things he said. Just put it down as your February fight” he joked and she dropped her fork on her plate as her lip trembled.

“Mols are you alright?” Sergio asked. “Of course. Why would you think any different?” she asked. “Cos you’re not eating for starters. And cos you’re shaking. Mols are you ok?” he asked as she let out a sob and tears began to fall down her cheeks. “No” she cried shaking her head as she brought her hand to her mouth. “Oh Mols” he said quickly standing from his chair and rushing around to her chair.

“Don’t cry Mols” he told her as he pulled her from her chair and pulled her into a hug. “Ssh it’s ok” he told her. “No it’s not” she cried. “What’s the matter?” he asked. “He yelled at me…..” sob….”he said it was a date”…..sob….”I told him it wasn’t.....”sob….”he was so cruel” she cried. “Who? Molly ssh stop crying and talk to me” he said.

“Cristiano” she cried. “Let’s sit down Mols” he said pulling her towards the couch. “Ok tell me what happened” he asked. “It’s pointless” she said wiping her cheeks. “Why did Ronnie yell at you? What did you mean about date?” Sergio asked. “He thinks….he thinks we are on…a date” she stuttered. “Who you and me?” he asked and she nodded. “Oh” he replied. “I told him it wasn’t. I mean…it isn’t. Right?” she asked nervously. “What no no it’s not” he said. “He thinks it is. Ana does. She said everyone does. This is all a mess. He was so mean” she cried.

“Oh Mols this is all my fault” Sergio sighed. “No it’s not” she replied. “No it is. It really is” he said. “What do you mean?” she asked confused. “The other day Higuaín was being an ass about you. Saying things. It doesn’t matter. But he said something and Cris replied that you and he were just friends” Sergio said. “He said that even after…” she paused and Sergio raised an eyebrow in wonder at what she was going to say. “So Higuaín was being as ass I don’t see how this is your fault. It’s Cristiano’s. It’s mine” she cried.

“Sssh” he said rubbing her back. “I….I don’t know why but when he said that it just pissed me off. Like anyone can see that you and him are…look we were talking and I mentioned something about dinner. And well when I saw Cris’s reaction I kind of made it sound more like a date” he quickly muttered. “So you didn’t ask me out?” she asked.

“No I didn’t Molly” he replied. “I knew it. I knew you didn’t. I told Ana. I knew I couldn’t have being that stupid and not see it” she said. “But Cris did see it that way” Sergio said. “Well I know what he thinks about me now so it doesn’t matter whose fault it is” she said.

“Molly he was just jealous. Trust me I was kind of hoping he would be but I never thought it would leave you in tears” he said. “He just wouldn’t believe me. I knew I was right. I told Ana you didn’t see me that way” Molly said. “What way?” he asked. “You know….like as..more than friends” she replied. “And if I did?” he asked and Molly’s eyes went wide. “Nothing to say” he said. “I…..I…Why would…” Molly stuttered in disbelief. Had she just heard Sergio say that he thought of her as more than a friend?

“Why wouldn’t I find a beautiful girl like you attractive? A woman who is as beautiful in the inside as she is on the outside. A woman who any guy would be lucky to spend time with. A woman who a guy should never let go of” Sergio said as his fingers stroked her cheek. “Sergio” she said pulling her head away once she felt his fingers on her cheek. “You deserve the world Molly” he whispered. “I…..” she stuttered.

“You do” he whispered and before she could reply he leaned forward and placed his lips on hers. She could taste the curry on his lips as he moved his hand to cup the back of her neck. Their lips moved in unison and as she felt his tongue try and enter her mouth, Molly pulled back. She let out a cough as she brought her fingers to her lips.

“Sergio that was………
♠ ♠ ♠
It wasn't a date and Molly was right all along. But is Molly really done with Cristiano? Has Sergio's little interference ruined any hope of Molly and Cristiano's future together? And is Sergio about to get his heart broken or will Molly finally move on?

Thanks to Lurossoni and ak9_sh for their comments on the last chapter.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy 2018.