Status: finished

The Marauder Princess

Chapter 8

(Raven’s P.O.V.)
October had come and gone quickly and everyone was wearing their warmer clothes. You could feel the excitement in the air as you entered the Great Hall to have breakfast. Today was the first Quidditch match and it was between Gryffindor and Slytherin! Everyone always looked forward to the match between the two rival houses. Emily, the guys and I sat eating and talking excitedly about the upcoming match.

Emily had now started sitting with us at meals, which was quite fun because I had found out she had helped the guys with some pranks in the past. It was also nice to have a girl around that actually liked our pranks, unlike Lily and Kelly. Lily was always yelling at me for doing them and Kelly well she didn’t yell at me for them but you could tell she didn’t approve of them.

“Hey where are the Slytherins at?” James’ voice suddenly broke through my thoughts.

“Don’t know mate, haven’t seen a one of them this morning.”

Emily and I looked at each other our eyes shining mischievously and giggled. The two of us knew exactly why the Slytherins weren’t showing themselves. We had given them a little surprise during the night. The others looked over toward us and we put on innocent looks.

“What?” Emily asked in an innocent voice.

“You two don’t know why they aren’t coming to breakfast do you?”

“Come on Emily I want to get to the pitch and do some laps.” I said smiling.

Emily nodded and the two of us jumped up and left for the pitch. We raced down all the way laughing.

“I can’t wait for everyone to see what we did.” said Emily grinning showing off her fangs.

“Same here.”

A few moments later the rest of the team came in laughing and James slapped me on the back.

“Nice one you two! That was bloody brilliant!”

“It was Emily’s idea.” I said smiling from ear to ear.

We all went into the changing rooms and got into our Quidditch robes and then meet back out just beyond the field. I began to get butterflies in my stomach as I always did before the first game. James began his before game speech, which I must say was boring.

“Okay now let’s go show them how Quidditch is played!”

We then all mounted our brooms and flew out on the field!

Announcer: "AND HERE WE ARE AT THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEASON! I'M YOUR ANNOUNCER GRIFFON RAIDER AND THESE ARE YOUR GYRFFINDOR HOUSE PLAYERS. RAVEN TOWSLEY, THE NEW KEEPER! CHASERS ARE SIRIUS BLACK, LEE HENNING, AND BLATHAZAR...err...BLATHY ELWOOD. BEATERS ARE EMILY HITTLET AND KELLY REINEKE. FINALLY, SEEKER AND CAPTION JAMES POTTER!

I looked over at the other end as the Slytherins came out.

"AND AT THE OPPISITE END WE HAVE THE...pfft...VERY COLORFUL SLYTHERIN"

Griffon burst out laughing, as did everyone but the Slytherins. Emily and I had snuck into the Slytherin dorms during the night and turned each and every one of them gold and red! This way the Slytherins were not only cheering for their house but ours as well!

"Ms. Raider, if you please!" McGonagall yelled.

"RIGHT SORY, AND THE CAPTIONS SHAKE HANDS."

James and Malfoy shook hands while glaring at each other. Then Madam Hooch threw the Quaffle in the air.

"AND THEY’RE OFF! GRYFFINDOR IN POSSESSION, BLACK IS TAKING IT STRAIT DOWN THE FIELD. A TOSS TO HENNING AND THEN TO ELWOOD! THE NEW GRYFFINDOR TEAM IS WORKING OUT PREFECT THIS YEAR! BLACK IS BACK IN POSSESSION, THE SLYTHERINS JUST CANT KEEP UP! HE GOES FOR THE GOAL...WHAT THE HELL!"

"Ms. Raider!" McGonagall yelled again.

"SORRY PROFFESOR, BUT DID YOU SEE THAT? HITTLET JUST TRIED TO TAKE OUT HER OWN TEAMMATE WITH A BLUDGER! BLACK LOOKS AS THOUGH HES ABOUT TO CHEW HER OUT, BUT WAIT! THE REASON BEHIND THE WEIRD STRIKE IS SEEN! SLYTHERIN WAS ABOUT TO TAKE THE QUAFFLE FROM THE BLIND SIDE! IF BLACK HADN'T DODGED THAT ONE THERE MIGHT HAVE BEEN TROUBLE."

I couldn't help but laugh that Emily seemed to still want to hit Sirius.

"HENNING PICKS UP THE QUAFFLE AND SENDS IT IN FOR A SCORE."

Lee made a prefect shot and scored! That made it 10 to 0 us winning.

"LOOKS LIKE THE GRYFFINDOR KEEPER WILL NOT BE DOING MUCH TODAY. NOW SLYTHERN IS IN POSSESSTION!"

Axl had now taken the Quaffle.

"THE SLYTHERINS STILL SEEM MIFFED AT WHAT CAN ONLY BE A GRYFFINDOR PRANK." Laughter "BUT YOU GOTTA LOVE THE COLOR IT ADDS TO THE GAME! FOGLE GOES TO PASS IT TO REDFORD BUT IT’S INTERUPTED BY A BLUDGER SENT THEIR WAY BY REINEKE! YOU GO GIRL!!! ELWOOD PICKS IT UP; NOW HENNING HAS IT, NOW BLACK, BACK TO HENNING. IT’S AN INCREDIBLE WEAVING MANEUVER! THE SLYTHERINS DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO! BLACK IS COMEING IN FOR A SECOND GO. HITTLET, DAMMIT! THERE WAS NO CALL FOR THAT!"

By now McGonagall had given up.

"ELWOOD PICKS UP THE FUMMBLED QUAFFLE AND SCORES!"

I did a flip on my broom to show my happiness. That made it 20-0!

"HITTLET! STOP TRYING TO HIT BLACK!" Raider yelled as Emily sent another Bludger at Sirius. "WHAT IS WITH THIS BEATER? DEFINITELY THE DEMON OF GRYFFINDOR! EEP! WAS THAT THE SNITCH? NO JAMES WAS JUST FEINTING. SLYTHERIN IS NOW BACK IN POSSESSION, TAKING IT DOWN FIELD."

Axl had gotten the Quaffle back.

"THEIR AGGRESSION SEEMS UNSTOPPABLE AT THIS POINT, WE COULD USE THOSE BEATERS ABOUT NOW, AND...HITTLET SEEMS TO BE RECLINING ON HER BROOM WITH NO INTEREST IN THE GAME WHATSOEVER."

I looked over and saw that Emily really was reclining on her broom. How she was managing this without falling off was beyond me. I laughed, she was quite a character.

"REINEKE IS PICKING UP THE SLACK THOUGH BUT SLYTHRINS ARE JUST DODGEING. GET READY TOWSLEY HERE THEY COME!"

Redford came flying at me and tried to score, but it was an easy save for me.

"YES! WHAT A SPECTACULAR SAVE BY TOWSLEY! SHE TOSSES IT TO HENNING AND THE GAME IS BACK ON!"

Lee went zipping toward the Slytherin goals.

"THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER OPENING GAME THEN THIS! WE GOT A WHACKY BEATER, A SUPPER KEEPER, SPLENDED CHASERS AND THE MOST COLORFUL SLYTHERIN TEAM IN HISTORY! THIS'LL BE ONE FOR HISTORY OF MAGIC CLASS, YOU HEAR ME PROFESSOR BINNS!"

"Get on with it before I take over!" McGonagall said.

"YES'M BLACK IS BACK IN POSSESSION AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S IN A SPOT OF TROUBLE! SLYTHERIN CHASERS HAVE BLOCKED HIS PASSING ROUTES AND ARE TAILING HIM AROUND THE FIELD! AND WHAT'S THIS! HITTLET HAS DECIDED TO TAKE AN INTRESET IN THE GAME AGAIN, FINALLY! AND SMACK! SHE HITS A BLUDGER BEAUTIFULY INTO THE MIDST OF THE CHASER PACK. IT HITS FOGLE! HAHAHA!"

"RAIDER!" yelled McGonagall.

"SORRY! I WONDER IF HITTLET REALLY MENT TO HIT BLACK INSTEAD OF FOGLE? HENNING IS NOW IN POSSESSION, BRINGING IT ON DOWN, BACK TO BLACK AND ANOTHER SCORE FOR GRYFFINDOR! LOOKS LIKE THE SLYTHERINS ARE REALLY PISSED NOW! FOGLE HAS THE QUAFFLE AND IS HEADED DOWN THE FIELD. THE GRYFFINDOR CHASERS CAN'T BREAK IN! AND HITTLET HAS REVERTED BACK TO A STATE OF DISINTREST. DARN HER! TOWLEY GET READY GIRL!"

Axl and Redford were passing it back and forth. Then just as Axl throw the Quaffle out of nowhere a Bludger came and smashed into my stomach almost knocking me off my broom. I knew I missed the save because of this.

"THAT WAS A LOW DOWN DIRTY TRICK! NOT SUPPRINSING THOUGH THE SLYTHERINS NEVER PLAY A CLEAN GAME!"

"RAIDER I'M WARNING YOU!"

Once I recovered from the hit I looked around to see who had hit the Bludger at me. My eyes found Lona not far from me laughing hysterically. I glared at her. I suddenly saw Kelly fly up behind her.

"Hey Johnson nice hit." She said.

Then as Lona turned to say something to her. Smack! Kelly hit her with as much force as she could with her bat.

"Take that you bitch!" Kelly then yelled at her.

I was completely shocked. I had never heard Kelly use profanity or be violent ever. After that Kelly and Lona were intent on hitting each other the rest of the game. We played for 10 minutes after that. The score was now 200-10 Gryffindor.

"THE SCORE IS 200-10 GRYFFINDOR LEADING. THE SEEKERS HAVE YET TO SEE THE SNITCH."

Axl got the Quaffle again and was speeding toward me when...

"THAT HAD TO HURT! FOGLE WAS HIT BY A BLUDGER SENT BY REINEKE."

I made three more saves before; James suddenly made a dive with Malfoy right behind him.

"LOOKS LIKE THE SEEKERS HAVE SEEN THE SNITCH!"

And indeed they had. They were side by side racing for the snitch. I watched as Malfoy’s arm swung out and smacked James throwing him off. Malfoy speed ahead quickly and after James got control of his broom he was right back behind him.

"AND THE GAME IS OVER! MALFOY HAS COUGHT THE GOLDEN SNITCH! THE FINALLY SCORE GRYFFINDOR 200 AND SLYTHERIN 160! GRYFFINDOR WINS! GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Cheers erupted from the stands on the Gryffindor side; the Slytherins were booing and throwing a fit. Everyone headed for the ground, when we landed we were tackled by tons of Gryffindor supporters. The Gryffindors hollered that there was going to be a party tonight in the common room and then people started clearing out. The rest of the players and I headed for the showers. After showering, changing back into my normal clothes I came out and meet the others. All but James that is, he was nowhere to be seen.

“Way to go Raven! You did some awesome work!” Remus said as I walked out.

“Thanks” I said looking around. “Where’s James.”

“Think he’s still in the shower. He’s trying to drown himself.” Said Sirius sarcastically.

I sighed, turned and headed back into the changing rooms.

“Hey where are you going?”

“To get James.” I hollered over my shoulder.

I came to the division of the boys and girls rooms I walked on into the boys.

“James Potter you get out here.”

“Get out of here Raven you’re not allowed in here.” James’ voice called.

“Don’t make me come back there and pull you out.” I threatened.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

Oh I wouldn’t huh? I thought with a grin. I made my back toward the showers, my shoes making a slapping noise against the tiles of the floor. Once I had gotten back there I could see his head over the top of a short wall dividing the different stalls.

“So I wouldn’t come drag you out huh?” I said my hands on my hips.

His head snapped around and his eyes widened seeing me standing there.

“What the hell Raven!” he grabbed a towel that was hanging across the wall.

I laughed because it wasn’t like I could see anything besides his head from where I was standing.

“Get out!”

“No, not until you come out.”

“All right! I’ll come just get out!”

I giggled as I turned and walked back toward the door and out. I stood leaning against the wall when he came out fully dressed. He glared at me, and looked as if he wanted to take a swing at me.

“You are so lucky we’re friends.”

I laughed. “Hey come on, I wasn’t going to let you sulk in there. Now come on I want to get up to the party.”

He rolled his eyes but fallowed me back toward the others. When the others saw us they all just stared at me, well besides Emily who just grinned like she knew I would be able to do it.

“But you were still in the…” Sirius started to James. “You didn’t….” he finished to me.

“Just shut it Padfoot.” James said, “She got me out didn’t she.”

“Come on mate this is the first time you’ve missed the Snitch and we still won.” Remus said.

“Yeah Moony’s right Prongs. Now come on there’s a party waiting for us!”

I started shoving James toward the school the others laughing.