‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 10: Craziness!

The figure continued its jig before several larger figures; teachers apparently, came out and demanded to know what was going on. The figure shrugged casually and pointed, what everyone now guessed wasn’t a flute at all but a wand, at another firework. This one circled the grounds in the shape of a great red dragon that spouted real flames.

“Who’s that!?” Ginny gasped as the teachers took hold of the figure and dragged it back into the castle.

“Don’t know, but she’s either brilliant or mad…” Kali grinned at the dragon as it looked into the window at her before exploding into silver sparks.

“I’ll wager she’s both,” Ginny giggled as the figure trotted ahead of the teachers and skipped the rest of the way into the school.

The next morning Kali found herself watching an intense game of Wizard’s Chess while eating breakfast. A couple of seventh year Gryffindors were playing and the game was so close everyone was watching. The boy had just moved his queen, taking a knight, when a Slytherin two years younger than Kali strolled up to watch the game.

“You don’t want to do that,” she sniffed as she adjusted her half-moon glasses.

The boy glared at her and his opponent made her move. Her bishop took his queen and when the bishop smacked the queen with his over-sized hat her crown flew into the face of the boy smacking him square in the forehead.

“Hurt like hell didn’t it?! Won’t do that no more,” the Slytherin laughed hysterically.

She then turned on her heel and made a b-line to her table, her long brown hair bobbing against her back like a cat’s tail.

“I know her! She’s Natalie Nicole, top student in Slytherin,” Hermione remarked as she served herself more eggs, “I heard that she’s a little bit mad, though. Crazy as a march hare.”

“She’s not the only one,” Ron whimpered as Devi landed daintily on his head.

The little creature groomed its wings and ears as the Weasly quaked beneath him before making a graceful swan dive into the poor boy’s eggs.

“Hey!” yelled Ron and he made to grab the reddish-brown creature.

Thwack! Ron fell backward as he was hit by Devi’s tail. Devi gave a laugh and continued eating the eggs.

“Why is it you pick on Ron, Devi?” Maddi asked looking up from her drawing of her favorite Stargate character she had been doing for 2 days now.

“Because me hates the Weasel.” He answered through bits of egg.

“KALI! CAN’T YOU DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MONSTER OF YOURS?” Ron yelled at Kali.

“Why would I want to? It's way to amusing seeing you get tortured by him.” And the whole group burst out laughing, but Ron.

Ron’s looked furious at this and stomped off.

“I better go apologize to him.” Harry said still laughing slightly.

The others all nodded as he got up and walked off to find Ron. Kali got up from the table a few minutes later.

“I better go too. I promised Amber I’d meet her early for DADA. See you all later.” Kali waved and left for the DADA room.

She quickly made her way up the staircase and then down the hall to the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom. Amber stood waiting for her just outside the door. Amber was smiling from ear to ear as she saw Kali approach. Okay what’s up with her? Kali thought as she passed a suit of armor and walked up to Amber.

“Okay you’re in a good mood?”

“I have a brilliant idea! But I need your help.” She said giving Kali the infamous puppy dog eyes.

“Depends on what it is.”

“Oh it’s right up your ally trust me.” Amber winked.

Kali’s eyes lit up at that. Amber looked around to see if the Professor was around but didn’t see her so she filled Kali in on the prank that she had come up with. Kali agreed instantly which made Amber happy because she really wanted to get back at Snape for deducting points from her earlier. Professor Gaul showed up a few minutes later having a very suspicious look on her face and they quickly took their sets up front. Kali noticed this time the room seemed to have even more stuff in it then the last time she was in it. This woman must just love collecting things.

Professor Gaul started her lesson this time it was more bookwork beings this was their O.W.L. year. After finally getting through all their class that day the girls snuck down into the dungeons under Harry’s invisibility cloak, which Kali had knick for this job. They made their way down the dark, damp dungeon halls trying not to bump into anyone. After a lot of maneuvering on the girl’s part they made it to their destination, Snape’s Office!

Amber looked around to make sure no one was around to see the door open, and when there wasn’t she opened it and the two girls walked in. Kali tossed the cloak off them grinning from ear to ear as was Amber. Amber pulled off her backpack and began rummaging in it. Until she finally found what she had been looking for, silly string filled cans!

Kali grinned, “Let’s do this!”

Amber nodded. As they shook their cans neither girl paid any attention to the cauldron that sat in the corner of Snape’s office. So neither saw the head that barley popped up above the rim of it.

“I really wouldn’t do that.”

The two girls jumped at the voice because they had assumed they were alone. They turned toward the cauldron and stared at it.

“It came from that.” Amber said in almost a whisper.

The two made their way slowly over to it and looked into it.

“Ok there’s nothing there? That cauldron must be the haunted one Snape was telling us about in class. Kali said.

“No not really.” A voice sniffed from behind them.

Caught off guard again the girls fell forward into the cauldron, Kali on top of Amber.

“Kali I hate to say this but get off me! You’re heavy!”

“I’m trying! It’s not that easy you know! I’m upside down!” Kali yelled back.

Snicker of laughter could be heard. Kali finally managed to wiggle her way out of the cauldron. Kali looked to see who had caught them. To her great amazement there stood the brown haired Slytherin 3rd year!

“Natalie! What are you doing here?” Kali asked in compete shock.

The blue-eyed girl pushed her half-moon glasses up, “Here to see Snape about my detention.”

“A little help here!” Amber called.

Kali giggled and turned to help Amber out of the cauldron.

“Oh by the way you two might want to hide Snape should be arriving any minute.” Natalie said.

Amber and Kali exchanged horrified glances and raced for the door.

“Nope can’t get out that way.” Natalie said with a smile.

And sure enough she was right for as the girls looked out Snape was coming down the hall.

“Great what do we do?” Amber asked in a worried voice.

Natalie had leaned against the cauldron. Kali quickly thought that if she had been able to hide in it surly they could!

“In the cauldron!”

Amber and Kali quickly dashed to it and jumped into it. No sooner had they got down in it, Snape walked in. Natalie continued to lean on the cauldron.

“Snape gives me the creeps.” Amber whispered to Kali.

Kali nodded.

“Well Miss Nicole, do you know why you’re here?”

“Well it’s for bring a little excitement to Hogwarts.” She said.

Snape shook his head. “No, it’s for…..”

“What’s holding this guy together? He’s so greasy, I’m greatly concerned he might turn the stairs into a slip’an’slide…really man…it’s called soap…what he’s coming over here….le groan.” Natalie said thinking out loud interrupting Snape.

Snape walked over to her his face twisted with anger. Kali and Amber were having to bite their tongues to stop from laughing and giving away that they were there. Snape grabbed Natalie by the arm and started pulling her from the room.

“I will not stand for this! It’s to the Headmaster with you!”

After the door slammed Kali and Amber stood up and started laughing.

“She is so right though!” Amber said.

Kali nodded in agreement. After they got over their fit of laughter they quickly covered Snape’s office in silly string and head for the stairs as if they were just talking. As they were passing a large stone gargoyle Natalie appeared.

“Hey Natalie! What happened? Did you get in much trouble?” Kali asked.

“No not really. Just got three days of detention.” She said acting as if it was no big deal.

“Come on we want to make it up to you for keeping us from getting caught by grease head.” Amber said.

“Yes he is very greasy, I wonder if you poked a pin in his head and you struck oil and it hit the floor who’s would it be? Yours or his?” Natalie said once again thinking out loud, “Technically it’s not touching him anymore so you could take it I believe.”

The girls burst out laughing. Kali walked over and put her arm around Natalie’s shoulders.

“Why don’t you hang with us? We could use someone like you around.”

“Yeah! Someone that’s smart and funny.” Amber said.

Natalie seemed to think about it, “Well I don’t see why not.”

Later that night Kali sat in the Griffindor Common Room with Maddi and Ginny doing some homework when there was suddenly a tapping at the window. The three looked over at the window to see an eagle owl outside it. Maddi jumped up and let the owl in. It flew over to Kali and held out its leg, which had, a letter attached to it. I wonder who this is from? She thought as she took the note. Once it was off its leg the owl flew back out the window. Kali opened the letter and got a big shock when she read it.

Hittlet,
I’d like it if you’d meet me again. In the same spot and the same time tomorrow. You don’t have to wait in the hall this time. You remember what the room looks like. Just walk past the portrait of Barnabas the Barmy 3 times thinking of that room.
The Silver Dragon (My code name)


Kali smirked at his little code name. At least he’s smart enough to do that. She thought,

Should I go though? I want to know what he wants. I think I will

“Kali everything okay, you’re deep in thought.”

Kali looked up, “Oh yeah everything’s ok. I just started thinking about something that’s all.