‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 17: The Fight!

“Reflecto!” a new voice yelled.

The spell had been blocked. Kali looked over to see a tall figure she had come to know over the school year.

“Professor!”

“Didn’t think I was going to miss the party did you?” Gaul said smiling at her.

She shielded them again as Kali pulled Maddi out of the line of fire.

“Natalie. What’s the counter curse?” Kali called to her.

Natalie hollered the counter curse to Kali who performed it on Maddi who was very glad to see again. Gaul has fighting the Death Eaters on her own and not doing a bad job considering it was ten to one. The whole time the fight had been going on Draco had just stood watching. Right at the moment he was trying to get his heart to stop racing. When Kali had almost been hit by the blinding curse his heart had gone to his throat.

He watched as Gaul and the four Heirs fought together. He knew he had to make a decision. He loved Kali and he knew that, but he had a duty to his father. Dang it why does this have to be so hard! That was when Gaul was thrown backwards into the wall. He watched as his father advance on her his wand raised. That was when Kali raced forward and hit him with as much force as she could muster with her shoulder. Draco’s eyes widened as his father hit Kali with the Flipendo spell. Kali went flying backward into the stone wall letting out a cry of pain.

“Kali!” the Heirs cried.

They tried to get toward her but they were stuck where they were because of the other Death Eaters spells and curses. Draco watched as his father moved to stand over Kali who glared up at him.

“We told you not to mess with us. Now you can pay the price.”

Draco knew exactly what that meant. Kali’s life was at its end. I hope I’m making the right decision.

“Expelliarmus!” Draco called out hitting his father.

Kali looked over at Draco stunned that he had just attacked his own father to save her. Draco was at her side now.

“You all right?”

“I think my arm’s broken.”

“You traitor!” Draco’s father yelled at him.

Gaul had now recover and hit Lucius with some spell throwing him and a couple other Death Eaters backward again. Suddenly Devi appeared but he wasn’t alone. There were about five others with him. It was Emily and the Undergrounders!

The Undergrounders came in just in time! Emily shot her spells strait at Blathy stunning him and then full body bind. Boy I’m glad I decided to be on her side. Draco thought seeing how fast Emily and the other were firing their spells.

“Ow. Draco let go of my arm.” Kali said.

Draco had, had a hold of Kali’s arm. When he was thinking of how he had almost been on the opposite side he had started griping her arm tighter. It didn’t take very long before Emily, Shawndee, Andrew, Frederick, Gaul, Remus, Maddi, Amber, Natalie had the Death Eater backed into a corner. They all had their wands pointed at the now wandless Death Eaters. Emily had a triumphant smile on her face as did Shawndee, Andrew and Remus.

“So after all these years you decided to return Blathy?”

Andrew stepped forward toward Lona his wand pressed to her throat.

“Can I just kill her now?

“I agree let’s just kill them.” Remus said his wand on Lucius but his eyes on Blathy.

“NO!” Kali called out.

They all turned to her now. “Raven and Kelly wouldn’t want you to! Give them over to Azkaban.”

“She’s right. My sister wouldn’t want us too.” Gaul said.

Now Draco helped Kali up. It was only know that Emily noticed that Draco was there. Remus as well noticed and saw the fire flash in Emily’s eyes seeing Draco touching Kali.

“Kali move seems we missed one.”

Kali felt Draco stiffen. She saw the fire in her mother’s eyes. This wasn’t going to be easy explaining that Draco was on their side when his father was standing on the opposite side of Remus’s wand.

“No, he’s on our side mom.”

“There’s no way that boy is on our side!” Emily growled.

Kali felt pain shot through her arm but stood her ground. She had made her choice and it was Draco. If Draco was going to give up everything for her she was going to do the same for him. And isn’t that what Raven had done, chosen Remus and the rest of the Marauders over her family? And hadn’t her mother always told her to follow her heart? Well that’s exactly what she was going to do. Her heart was telling her to protect Draco as he had her. Everyone was staring at her like she was a lunatic. All except Natalie who conjured up a bag of popcorn.

“This is going to be good!” she held out the bag of popcorn toward Maddi, “Want some?”

“Natalie! How can you do this right now!”

“What?

“Kali Hittlet! Get your ass over here right now!” Emily yelled at Kali.

“No! I’m not moving.” She said staying right in front of Draco.

All the Undergrounders eyes widened. Never had Kali gone against her mother before. Not even as a child.

“Kali do as your mother tells you. He’s a Death Eater’s son.” Remus said.

“So! That doesn’t make him one!”

“Kali he let them in here for crying out loud.” Emily yelled motioning to the Death Eaters.

Devi had told her about what had happened. Emily couldn’t believe her daughter was behaving like this. This wasn’t like her little angel. Kali glared at her mother.

“So he made a mistake. Big deal everyone makes mistakes.”

“Not like this one! Why are you defending him!”

“Because I love him!” Kali screamed at her mother.

Emily thought she was prepared for anything life could throw at her but not this. Kali was in love with Lucius’ son! This couldn’t be happening. Lucius was grinning after hearing Kali admit this. It had to be a big blow to Emily’s pride to have her daughter being in love with a Death Eater’s son.

“Kali this can’t be true.” Emily stuttered out.

“It is.” Kali said holding her head high.

“Kali don’t do this. It’s just infatuation.” Emily said.

“No, if it was I wouldn’t be defending him now. I would have kicked his ass.”

The argument got more heated from there again, the two screaming back and forth. Natalie was the only one enjoying it. Suddenly an image flashed through Kali’s mind. One she’d already seen. It was of Emily, Raven, Remus, James, Sirius, Peter, and Kelly sitting in the common room doing their homework. An idea struck Kali on how to make her mother except Draco. Thanks Raven. She thought know fully well it was Raven that had sent her the vision.

“Mom, would you listen to me for one minute!” she yelled over top of Emily.
Emily stopped.

“Mom, how can you stand there and yell at me when you did the same thing when you were my age? You were friends with Raven.”

Emily’s mouth dropped open. “Totally….different….story…” Emily stuttered.

“How? Raven was a Death Eater?”

“Well she…and he….”

“Exactly. And Remus can’t you understand where I’m coming from? You loved Raven just like I love Draco.”

“She has a point Emily.” Remus said.

“Don’t you dare side with her Remus!” Emily said glaring at him.

Emily knew Kali had backed her into a corner and she couldn’t get out. It was true she had been friends with Raven. But it was different, it wasn’t her little girl that was being taken from her.

“Mom, please understand.”

While the fight had been going on none of them noticed that Blathy had undone the binding and started inching forward toward Shawndee. He inched forward just a bit more and grabbed hold of her wand arm. Shawndee let out a cry as he twisted her arm got her wand and then placed it to her throat.

“Anyone moves and my idiot sister gets it.”

“Let her go this is between you and me.” Emily said.

Draco moved slightly around her. Kali gave him a look.

“I’ll be right back.”

He slipped behind the armor so he couldn’t be seen. Blathy hadn’t noticed it because of Emily standing right in front of him. Draco got himself in just the right position so he wouldn’t hit Shawndee too and…

“FLIPENDO!” he yelled.

The spell hit dead center! Blathy went sailing backward away from Shawndee who was throw to the floor but not hurt.

“Don’t mess with the Undergrounders.” Draco said come out from behind the armor with a smirk.

Emily stared at Draco and then turned to look at Kali who hadn’t moved. She was holding on to her arm and smiling. Emily knew now that Draco really was on their side weather she wanted him to or not. Emily walked over to Kali.

“Okay I was wrong. It isn’t any different than mine and Raven’s relationship.”

Kali smile at her mom. “Then he can come back with us at the end of school?”

Emily sighed. “I guess I have no choice do I.”

She healed Kali’s arm as Draco came up warily.

“I’m sorry I didn’t listen to her sooner boy.” Emily said to him, “It seems you really aren’t like your father.”

“No, I’m not and it’s all thanks to her.” Draco said smiling at Kali.

“Boss we need to get this garbage out of here.” Andrew said.

“Right. Can you take care of her for me?” Emily asked Draco with a smile.

“Sure.”

The Heirs came over and hugged Kali glad that she was okay. They accepted Draco too but not as quickly as Emily.

“You have to give us a couple days to adjust to this you know.” Amber said.

“Yeah.” Draco said.

Kali smiled everything had worked out.