‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 19 the End

A pair of grayish-green eyes looked over the main room of the Magical Underground. They took in every detail expectantly. Her brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail. But it wasn’t Emily as you would expect, no Emily had now given up the job of inspection to another. The young woman like all the others wore the Mafia outfit, but more like Emily she wore pants instead of the skirt. Her wand was held in an over-the-should holster that could only be seen when she wore her coat open. As they noticed they were being watch the workers tuned to the young woman and many smiled. None of them believing how much this girl had changed in the last two years. Every since she and her friends had foiled the Death Eaters attempt at getting into Hogwarts she had become more grown up. That’s right the young woman that stood looking over the Undergrounders was none other than Kali! Kali smiled back at the ones that were smiling at her, her fangs showing slightly. She was happy but a bit nervous, because today was the first time she was going to be doing the inspection of the Underground on her own. For the past two years her mother had been training her to run the Underground. Emily would normally go with her on the inspections but not today, from now on it was Kali’s responsibility to do the inspections. Suddenly two other girls stepped to her sides. One stood to her left and the other to her right. The two new girls also had brown hair. One had shoulder length hair and hazel eyes. The other had blue eyes and mid-back length hair. These two girls where Kali’s assistants, like Shawndee and Frederick were to Emily.

“You ready for this Boss?” The one to her left asked.

“I think so Maddi.”

“You best be. Because if we don’t get going now we won’t get done in time to make the meeting with the Order members.” The one to her right said looking at a clipboard she held.

“Oh Natalie you need to take it easy we’ll make it.” Maddi said.

“No, Natalie’s right let’s get going.”

Maddi nodded and fallowed Kali as she started out into the room. Kali’s eyes took in every detail they could. She would stop every so often to take a closer look at something or take papers from someone. When they got to the back of the room Kali’s smile widened. For there with Andrew sat Draco working diligently trying his best to learn to do some type of paper work. The two looked up as the three girls approached. Kali heard Andrew whisper to Draco.

“Here comes the warden so be on your best behavior.”

The two laughed at that. Kali wanted to laugh to but knew she was on official Underground business and couldn’t mess around.

“I heard that Mr. Thomas.” She said coming up to them.

Andrew and Draco both went a bit pale. She smirked as did Maddi and Natalie.

“Do you boys have your paperwork done for the warden?” she said the last part sarcastically.

“Yep, here you go.” Draco handed her a stack of papers.

“Well I’m quite surprised by you Mr. Malfoy. I didn’t think you would get it done.”

Draco gave her a mocking glair. “So you doubt my ability as a worker huh? Then why did you bring me here?”

“Because I love you so much."

With that she leaded Maddi and Natalie on in to the Bookies area. Everything was running smoothly in there as always. Shawndee always kept them in line. Then next was the area Kali was most dreading for her evaluation. The potions room. A new leader had just taken over the room and Kali was nervous about evaluating her.

“Boss, you ok?” Natalie asked

“Yeah, I just really don’t want to have to do the Potions room.”

“Don’t worry I’m sure Amber is doing a great job at running it.” Maddi said.

That’s right Amber had come to the Underground too. She just hadn’t wanted to be in the position that Maddi and Natalie were. The three young women entered the Potions room and found Amber almost instantly. Amber’s golden hair stood out because of the outfits. Kali nodded to Maddi and Maddi walked over to Amber. She spoke to her and the two come over to Kali and Natalie.

“Hi Amber. How’s things going?”

“Hi Boss. Things are going great. Give me a minute and I’ll get the papers for you.”

Kali nodded and Amber disappeared for a moment and reappeared with a couple papers.

“Here you are.” She handed the papers to Kali, who glanced at them and handed them over to Natalie.

“Great!” Kali said smirking, “I’m glad things are working out for you.”

“Boss, we have to go! We are going to be late for meeting with the Order members!”

Kali gave a wave to everyone in the Potions room and took off at a speed walk back to the main room. She couldn’t be late for this meeting. She wanted to be there more than anything, and had to be since her mother had other things to attend to. They reappeared in the main room just in time. The three Order Members had just entered. Kali smiled at the three faces she knew so well from school and from her past. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Remus Lupin returned the smile that the three brown haired girls gave.

“Harry, Ron, Remus it’s good to see you all. It’s been too long.”

“Yeah, it’s been awhile Kali.” Harry said shaking her hand.

“Good to see you again Kali.” Ron said as he shook her hand.

Remus and Kali hugged.

“My mom is in her office doing some paperwork and says to start the meeting without her.”

“Oh, so you’re starting to take over huh?” Harry smiled.

“Yeah she sure is.” Maddi piped up.

Natalie gave Maddi a look. Maddi gave Kali an I’m-Sorry look.

“Come on I’ll show you to a room we can talk.” Kali said with a wave of her hand.

The girls lead the three boys to a room and the six of them started talking about the new plans of attack against Voldemort. Soon they had things prepared and the three boys needed to get back to Order Headquarters. As they were all saying good-bye old memories of school came back to her as Ron was attacked by Devi.

“Get this bloody thing off me Kali!”

Everyone burst into laughter. Harry slapped Kali on the back and said…

“Just like old times right?”

“Yeah it is.”

“Will you please get him off me!” Ron yelled again.

“Okay, Devi that’s enough.”

Devi let go of Ron and flew to Kali’s shoulder.

“Come on Harry let’s get out of here.”

Harry and Remus waved as they disappeared out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
well hope you enjoyed Heirs. I have a sequel to this story as well coming soon so plz subscribe.