‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 2: The Ride to Hogwarts

Harry walked on to Platform 9 3/4 ready for the new school year. He quickly found Ron and Hermonie who were waiting for him near the train.

“Hey Harry.” They greeted him.

“Hi guys.”

They started to haul their trunks onto the train when…Smack!

“AHHHH! GET THIS BLOODY THING OFF ME!” Ron started yelling.

He was running around with the little demon thing attacking him again! Ron was furiously swatting at it to try and get Devi away from him. Harry and Hermonie looked over to see Kali laughing at Ron. They suddenly heard

“Kill the weasel! Kill the weasel!”

Harry’s eyes widened when he realized that it was coming from Devi!

“Devi! Please don’t kill my new friend.” Kali said giving a whistle.

Devi left Ron and went back to Kali who was getting stares from people. She pet his head and waved to a few of the people who were looking at her.

“Kill the weasel.” Devi said again glaring at Ron.

Ron’s eyes widened. “THE BLOODY THING TALKS!”

“Of course. What did you think I did? Moo.” Devi said sarcastically.

“Uhh…”was Ron’s response.

Kali laughed and so did Harry. Ron hit Harry in the arm.

“So this is what you meant when you side we would see each other again.” Harry said smiling at her.

“Yep. I knew I was coming to Hogwarts this year.” She said a wide grin on her face.

“You’re allowed to bring him along.” Ron said pointing to Devi.

Devi tried to attack him again but Kali grabbed him before he got to him.

“Come on Devi knock it off. He was just asking a question.”

“I don’t like the weasel.”

Ron swallowed hard. *great* Ron thought to himself.

“And yes I’m allowed to bring him. My mom got Dumbledore to agree to let me.” she said smiling.

They then all got their trunks and started hauling them onto the train again. Kali had hardly any trouble with hers. They went to the trio’s usual compartment at the back of the train. They sat down and started talking. Devi sitting on Kali’s lap glaring at Ron who sat across from Kali.

“Do you know what house you’re going to be in?” Hermonie asked.

“Yep. I’m in Gryffindor like you guys. My mom wasn’t surprised because she and my dad were both Gryffindor.”

“You know you have never mentioned your dad before? What’s his name?” Harry said.

“Well I don’t really know him. He and my mom split up when I was really young. I use Hittlet as my last name though because they never got married.”

“Oh. Hey I’m starving how about we go find the food cart.” Harry said.

“Sounds good to me!” Kali said, “What do you say Devi?”

Devi nodded his head in acceptance. They all got up and headed out to find the food cart. As they walked down the hall a thought came to Kali.

“I bet I can beat all of you down the hall.”

“I don’t think so.” Harry and Ron said together.

Kali took off at a run down the hall with Harry and Ron right after her. Hermonie just shook her head. Kali looked back over her shoulder at them and didn’t see the boy walk out of the compartment just ahead of her. She ran full speed into him. They both went crashing to the floor.

“Hey! You imbecile watch where you’re going!”

Kali looked to see it was a boy with bleach blonde hair and gray eyes.
“Sorry.”

“Kali you ok…” Harry stopped in mid-sentence.

“Malfoy. You don’t need to apologize to this jerk Kali.” Harry said helping her up.

Hermonie came running up to them.

“Well if it isn’t Pot head, Weasel-be, and the filthy mudblood.” Malfoy said getting up.

“Shut up Malfoy!” Ron said.

How dare he call Hermonie a mudblood! Wait did Ron call him Malfoy? That name. I remember my mom telling me something about it. Wait! Lucius Malfoy! Kali thought.

“Are you related to Lucius Malfoy?” Kali asked suddenly.

Draco tuned to her. “He’s my father. What of it.”

“Well my name is Kali Hittlet.” She said holding out her hand with a smile.

He looked at her hand with disgust. “You’re a Hittlet. My father’s told me about your filthy half-blood mother.”

Kali felt anger rise in her.

“My mother’s not the filthy one your father is! Him and his Death Eater friends!” Kali hiss her fangs bared.

“How dare you!” Malfoy said pulling out his wand.

Harry, Ron, and Hermonie went to do the same, but Kali stopped them.

“This is my fight.”

The trio backed off. They had all forgotten that Devi was still with them watching from a hidden spot glaring at his new boy threatening Kali. He was just waiting for her to give him the order.

“You’re going to pay for insulting my father.” Malfoy said.

“Ok but before spells start flying I have three words.”

“Alright.”

“Devi get him!”

Devi swooped down smacking Ron in the head then went for Malfoy. He grabbed on to his hair and started pulling as hard as he could.

“What the heck is this thing!” Malfoy yelled.

Devi bit him on the ear and Malfoy let out a howl. Kali and the others were laughing; even Ron who didn’t think Devi was so bad at the moment. Malfoy was finally able to get away and start running down the hall, but that wasn’t going to stop Devi. Oh no, he wasn’t going to let this rude snobby boy get away. He flew as fast as he could and hit Malfoy dead center in the back at full speed. It sent Malfoy flying to the floor. Devi then flew back to Kali, who hugged him.

“That will teach you not to mess with me.” Kali called down the hall.

“I’ll get you back for this Hittlet and that stupid rat thing too.” Malfoy muttered.

The gang all gave a loud cheer as Malfoy took off into the next car.

“Way to go Devi!” they all said in unison.

Ron went to pet his head and let’s just say Devi didn’t want him to. Ron hit the floor as Devi started attacking him for the third time since they’d meet. Kali shook her head.

“Let’s go find the food cart. Come on Devi.”

Devi let go of Ron’s nose and flew up to her shoulder. Harry helped a disgruntled Ron up. They found the food cart not too far down the train. They loaded up on candy and other goodies, went back to their compartment and enjoyed their treats. They talked and laughed until they arrived to Hogwarts.