Status: This story is incomplete at the moment but I am constantly working on it.

Life Chronicles: Genesis

Chapter 1

Clusters of people sitting around making out, dancing everywhere and talking. Amongst the crowd, was Kristen at a table while her friends danced they had hoped to convince her to come join them. However she wasn't much of a dancer, as she laughed at her friends' silliness, Luci came running to the table flopped down in the next to Kristen. "What's the matter?" Kristen asked.

Through her sobbing Luci explained, "Me and Josh are so over!"

"What are you talking about, what happened?" Kristen asked.

"I went to the bathroom and he's in the stall making out with another girl!" Luci cried.

Josian and Xandra had stopped dancing to quench their shared thirst, Josian noticed Luci's face cuffed in her hands. "Hey, what's wrong Luci?" she asked.

"She caught him kissing another girl." Kristen replied.

"What?!" Xandra said.

"Who is it?" Josian asked.

"Does it matter? We're over, we're never gonna get married and have perfect awesome kids." Luci cried.

Xandra and Kristen snickered to themselves, Josian rolled her eyes, "Are you just gonna take that? Where are they?"

"In the girls bathroom." Luci said.

Josian grabbed Luci's arm and the others followed, storming into the bathroom Josh walked out of the stall surprised to see Luci and her friends standing there. "Josh, what the hell?" Josian yelled.

""Luci! What's this, you bring your friends to scold me?" Josh said.

"Well, you shouldn't be making out with other girls, Josh!" Luci yelled.

"What was I suppose to do not make out with Prom Queen?" Josh said.

Josian made eye contact with the girl who was looking herself over in the mirror, "You!" she said.

"Oh hi Josian, Luci, Kristen, Sandra." Kehlani sashayed over to them.

"It's Xandra!" Xandra exclaimed.

"Oh good you remembered all our names, now let me introduce my fist to your face." Josian swung at Kehlani.

Xandra and Kristen tried to stop her but it was too late Josians' fist made contact before either of them could say stop. "Josian, no. Come on, stop!" they finally were able to break them up just before a teacher came into the restroom. "What's going on in here? What is he doing in here?" The teacher asked.

Josh quickly ran pass the teacher out the door, as the girls stood there Luci wasn't crying anymore. "Everyone out of the bathroom now! Or you're all getting written up." The teacher said.

Filing into the hallway, Josian refused to go back into the ballroom, Kehlani huffed as she passed her.

"So what we're going to stand here all night?" Xandra asked.

"You know what I don't even feel like being here anymore, can we just go?" Josian asked.

"Yeah, this night has turned out horribly. I want to go home." Luci said.

"Come on you guys, we can't let this ruin our night." Xandra said.

"It's not OUR night, it's THEIRS." Kristen exclaimed, walking with the others down the staircase.

"Fine." Xandra followed them out the building.

In the car Xandra gets a text about a Bonfire Party not too far from them, "Hey guys I know Prom was a bust but, that doesn't mean the rest of the night has to be too."

"What are you talking about Xandra?" Kristen asked.

"Let's go to a college party!" she said.

"Xandra get real. Like they'd let us in." Josian said.

"No that's the beauty it's outside, we just right in. Luci what'd you say, imagine you and a hot college guy riding in his awesome car, Josh looks on and he's super jealous." Xandra joked.

Luci laughed, "You really think I could bag a college guy?"

"Yeah girl." Xandra said.

"I'm in." Josian said.

Luci chimed in, "Me too."

"So Kristen, how about you?" Xandra asked.

"What about me?" Kristen said.

"Uh, you're our driver. So you gonna be a party pooper or party with us?" Josian asked.

""Party pooper, you're the one who got into a fight and punch Kehlani." Kristen said,

"Yeah and that bitch deserved it. Now back to you Kristen, are taking us or nah?" Josian exclaimed.

Kristen sighed, "Do I have a choice."

"No, I didn't get all dressed up for nothing. Besides my folks spent a small fortune on this dress, and just because Josh wants to be an arse doesn't mean it should go to waste." Luci scuffed.

"Not true we always have a choice, just in this case you'd never hear the end of how you bummed on Junior Prom." Xandra said.

"Well I guess we're going to the bonfire then." Kristen said.

"Yay!" they collectively cheered.

As they strode up the hill side, the luminous lights beamed on their faces, glowing brighter the closer they got. The cracking of the fire wood became louder, the smell of burning ash filled the night breeze. Kristen and her friends finally made it to the gates of the bonfire, the screams of frat boys and blur of people dancing absorbed them in it's action. Inhaling deeply, a satisfying grin came upon Kristen's face, "I'm feeling this vibe right now."

"So why are we just standing here? Can I please get a beer in my hand!" Josian yelled.

"Here I got ya covered." A guy placed a beer in Josian's open hand. "Well thank you handsome."

"Go get' em Jo." Luci teased. "You're coming with me." Josian lead Luci along with them.

Ke$hia

Tic Toc playing in the background

Xandra place a hand to her ear as if listening to something in the distance. "Hear that..that's your song girl!" She took Kristen's hand as they joined the dancing crowd. Several hours past and Kristen and Xandra were ready to call it a night.

"Where are those two?" Kristen said. Scanning what was left of the crowd, Xandra spotted Josian and college guy cuddled up a log in the distance. Making their way over, Luci wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Break it up love birds we're leave. Where's Luci?" Xandra asked.

"Isn't she with you guys?" Josian said.

"No, she was with you." Kristen said.

"Well she told me she went to go dance so I don't know, if she isn't with you then where'd she go?" Josian said.

"Maybe she went back to the car." Xandra said.

"Yeah, let's go." Kristen said.

"Later lover boy." Josian rose from the log as she waved back at him.

Back at the car, as Kristen unlocks the door, Josian looks into the backseat. "I don't see her in there."

"Crap, she's back at the bonfire." Kristen said.

"Jo and I will go back and look for her you stay here, she's probably looking for us too." Xandra said.

"Sounds like a plan." Kristen said.

"So where's the last place you saw Luci?" Xandra asked.

"We went down this path and just sat on the railing for awhile drinking, joking around one thing lead to another me and my guy started making out, and I guess she got uncomfortable and yeah she said she was going to go dance with you guys. So I told her okay and she went that way." Josian explained.

"Okay cool, we'll just follow the path she took then." Xandra said.

As they walked down the path, the wind wailed between the distorted trunks, carrying the sickly stink of wood rot, smoke and ash with it. Nearing the edge of the line of trees they were back at the bonfire which by now had all but burnt out and the place was nearly cleared of people just a few stragglers remained.

Glancing at those that were left they couldn't see Luci anywhere, after walking back down the hill to Kristen's car, she isn't there either.

"Well where could she have gone if she isn't here or there." Josian panicked.

"You don't think she left with someone do you?" Xandra asked.

"No, Luci wouldn't just walk off without telling one of us." Josian snapped.

"Okay, let's just clam down. We'll go back up and look, these woods are huge she could've gotten lost." Kristen suggested.

"How could she? There's a giant bonfire burning in the center of the woods!" Josian said.

"Besides, we walked that path she took and the clearing is right there, there's no way you could miss it." Xandra.

"Okay, but still it couldn't hurt to double check. Right?" Kristen said.

A few embers glowed in the pit of where the fire once burned, their feet shuffled through debris of trash and branches, as they made their way to the last spot Josian saw Luci. Looking around from the clearing to the railing separating them from the edge of a steep slope. Xandra looked down, "You guys don't think."

"What?" Josian looked where Xandra was.

"Of course not. If she'd fallen I would've-"

"You would've what?" Xandra said.

"I was right there, she didn't fall okay." Josian cried.

"How do you know, you were too busy locking lips with what's his face. And besides you can't even see anything from that angle." Xandra said.

"She didn't fall!" Josian yelled.

"Okay you guys, we don't need to be at each others throats. Just chill alright. Maybe we should split up." Kristen said.

"Split up? Our friend is lost and you want to split up?" Josian asked.

"We could cover more ground." Kristen explained.

"You said it yourself these woods are so big, how is it the three of us going to cover that much ground?" Xandra asked.

"I don't know, we each take a corner. I don't hear any of you coming up with brighter ideas." Kristen said.

"How about calling the police they can do more than we can. It's been hours seen we last saw Luci, she could be seriously hurt and were just wasting time standing here searching around in circles all night." Xandra said.

"That's actually a good idea. Xan's right we need help and the cops are the ones to help us." Josian said.

Alright, we'll call the police. Either of you got your phone?" Kristen asked.

"No it's in the car." Xandra said.

Josian chimed in, "Yeah mine too."

Once the police arrived the girls were told to wait by the car, they watched on anxiously hoping Luci would be found soon. A while later an officer came down the hill towards them with only a shoe in hand.