Status: Complete - February 22, 2018

Haunting Grey

Twenty-Seven

The machines still beep beside me, but now there are voices mixed in. My father's, and someone else's. Probably a doctor or nurse.

I open my eyes and blink against the harsh light.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"What do you remember, Trav?" It's my dad.

"The graveyard," I said. "I was there to visit Natalie's grave. I was talking to her, and then I passed out by the door. Did I hit my head?"

The other person in the room is my doctor. They lean over and touch my wrist, checking my pulse and other things.

"You were running away from something, " Dad said. "What scared you?"

I might be dead, and Natalie is the grim reaper, here to take me. But I don't say anything. Instead, I looked at the window, looked for her, but she's not there.

Where is she?

"I'm going through a lot," I said. "I miss Nat. I miss mom. I just want things to be normal again."

It's like my words trigger her existence, because she's there, by the window. Always by the window. She's staring at me sadly.

"I'm here for you," she whispered. "Come with me, and you won't feel this way anymore."

I don't want to live in a life without her.

"Take me," I replied.

I closed my eyes, and then there is nothing but quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this may end at 30 chapters.