A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 1

Charlottes POV

Bang bang bang. I watched my bedroom door shudder.

"Charlotte, hurry up, I need the bathroom."
I opened the door to my older sister Elizabeth, standing there, looking impatient.

"There." I snapped at her, pushing my way out. "I can't wait til you move out."
Suddenly she grabbed me and started jumping up and down, laughing hysterically.

"Two weeks." She screeched a crazy look in her eye's.

I pushed her away. "I know, I know." Did she have to rub it in?

"Aren't you excited?" She asked me, looking wide eyed.

I smiled, I guess I was excited, for her anyway. In two weeks she was going to marry her boyfriend, her long time boyfriend, the love of her life.

"A little." I told her, attempting to sound excited for her sake.

"Oh my god Charlotte, everyone's going out tonight, you should come." She gushed at me.

"Hmmm, I think I'll give it a miss." The last thing I felt like was going out.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Elizabeths friends, they were just four years older than me and I always felt like a baby when I was around them, even though I was 26.

"Aww come on Charlotte, it'll be fun." She whined at me.

Did I mention they were all attached, they all had partners and I always felt like a third wheel when I was with them.

"I'm just gonnna go to bed." And I was, I was tired, so tired.

"Fine, suit yourself but on Saturday we have the bachelorette party, you can't get out of that." SHe added grinning.

"I know." Who did she think organised it? Santa Claus?

"I just wished you'd come out more Charlotte." She said softly.

I guess I was lucky in the way that I had a great older sister, whom I had a great relationship with and who, for some reason, always wanted to hang out with me.

Before I could answer her, there was a knock on the front door and Elizabeth smiled at me.

"You get ready, I'll let him in." I told her, heading to the door.

"Thanks." She said running into the bathroom and slamming the door.

I went to the door and opened it, revealing Elizabeths exceptionally good looking fiancé who was standing there smiling widely at me.
"Charlie." He said hugging me.

"Zack, please." He knew I hated being called Charlie, I couldn't stand that name, it was horrible.

"I know but it suits you." He laughed, picking me up. "I mean fuck Charlotte, you're shorter than Johnny."

"Ha ha, now put me down." I said dryly, unimpressed.

He placed me back on my feet. "Aren't you coming?" He asked frowning.

"Nope." I said closing the door behind me.

"You sure, we're all just going to a bar, hanging out." He told me, raising his perfect eyebrow's.

"Not tonight, I have an early start." And I did and it hurt just thinking about having to get up.

"Suit yourself." He said, suddenly looking past me and smiling.

His eyes lit up at the sight of Elizabeth, they were so in love it made me sick. He picked her up and kissed her passionately, so passionately I felt myself blushing. It was like I wasn't even here.

"Come on." Elizabeth giggled, dragging him out the door. "See ya."

"Bye." Zack called, waving at me.

I waved and closed the door behind them. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, it's not like I had a huge list of things to do or people who wanted to hang with me, so I just headed up to my room.

I layed on my bed and stared at the ceiling, smiling. I really was happy for Elizabeth, she was getting to marry her soul mate and the best thing, he really was a sweetheart.

Thinking about that made me happy, but sad and I ended up just turning my light off and going to bed.

Hopefully, I thought snuggling under my blankets, one day I'll meet someone, we'll fall in love and I'll be getting married, it will be my turn.

I couldn't help but giggle, it just seemed so unlikely, extremely unlikely. Who would want to marry me anyway?