A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 10

Charlottes POV

I was over smiling now. I'd been smiling all day and my face hurt. I was tired and just sick of smiling all the time.

I looked around at everyone and it seemed they were all enjoying themselves, laughing, drinking, just having a good time.

"You coming to the show next week?" Matt leaned over and asked me.
Oh so now he was speaking to me, he'd been acting weird all day and I wasn't entirely sure what I'd done. One minute he'd talk to me, the next minute it was like I didn't exist.

"Show?" I asked, unsure of what he meant.

"Yeah." He said, poking at his dessert. "We're doing a one off show, you should come with Elizabeth." He suggested.

"So that's why they're not going on their honeymoon til next week?" I asked him, wondering why Zack and Elizabeth had put of their honeymoon.

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, Elizabeth was a little pissed."

Oh I'm sure she was.

"Speech time." Zack suddenly announced standing up.

Matt groaned, standing up as well. He made a lovely speech and for the millionth time today I cried a little. I was very emotional, seeing my sister get married, seeing her so happy.

I wiped my face as he finished and came back to his seat. I really needed a tissue.

"That was sweet Matt, saying those things about Elizabeth." It was very touching.

"It's true, she is good for Zack." He told me. "She's very good for him."

I nodded and agreed with him before turning my attention to Zack who was making a beautiful speech to Elizabeth. God they were perfect for each other.

Great I was crying again.

"So will you come?" Matt whispered, leaning over again.

"Sure." Although I probably wouldn't, I never did. I don't know why I never went, I just never ended up going.

After speeches there was dancing, which must have looked hilarious to everybody, me dancing with a huge Matt, but he was good and I just followed his lead.

The whole night was beautiful and things were starting to wind down. Everyone had drifted off with their partners, so I was just sitting by myself, thinking about how happy everyone was and how damn tired I was.

"How are you feeling?" Elizabeth asked hugging me.

"Perfectly fine." I said hugging her back.

"It's been nice." She whispered, smiling.

"It's been perfect." And it had been perfect.

"Come on." She said grabbing my arm. "I'm going to throw the bouquet."

I made my way on to the floor but it was pretty pointless, I was just too short. Being short never really bothered well except at times like this, but it wasn't like I was going to ever get married anyway.

"Ready?" Elizabeth called.

Ready, I couldn't even fucking see her.

"1....2.....3."

Suddenly I felt hands grip my waist and lift me up into the air. I screamed, I screamed because I caught it, I caught the damn thing. I couldn't believe it.

I was still screaming when I was set back on my feet. I turned around and launched myself at Matt.

"Oh my god thankyou." I screeched, throwing my arms around his neck.

"It was clearly unfair." He laughed.

I stood on my tip toes and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Seriously Matt, thanks."

"Matthew." Monique screeched walking over. "What were you thinking, that should have been mine."

I stepped away quickly. Great, she was mad.

"Calm down Mon, I was helping a friend." Matt muttered.

"What about your fiancé?" She snapped, glaring at us.

I suddenly felt horribly awkward, Monique was overreacting.

"We're getting married next." She said to me, stating the obvious.

I nodded and held the bouquet out to her. "Take it." She could have it seeing as though it was such an issue.

Suddenly I saw Elizabeth making her way over to us, frowning.

"I don't want it now." Monique snarled at me.

I really wasn't sure what her problem was?

"Charlotte." Elizabeth said, her voice was high pitched, she seemed upset. "What's that?" She pointed at my shoulder.

"I can't see it, fuck, did I wreck the dress?" I asked her, trying to peer over my shoulder.

"Oh shit." Matt said, looking. "It's a bruise."

I looked at Elizabeth and I could already see panic in her eyes. God, why did she have to start?

"It's just a bruise." I said quietly, wishing she would stop.

"Wow, that is huge." Monique pipped up, looking as well.

"Charlotte...." She started but I cut her off.

"No Elizabeth, it's a bruise that's it. Now here." I said shoving the bouquet at Monique. "I'm going home." God I was sick of this shit, so sick of it.

I started for the door and Matt called after me. I ignored him and kept walking.

At least I knew what I'd be doing tomorrow.

I needed to go to the doctors. I really did.