A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 11

Zack's POV

I was watching everyone after the bouquet toss and I could just tell by Elizabeths body language that something was going on. She was standing with Charlotte, Matt and Monique and she had a look on her face, one of distress.

I headed over and as I did I saw Charlotte say something then walk off. Elizabeths face said it all. Something was wrong.

"Hey." I said slipping my arm around her waist. "What's going on?" Because something obviously was.

She looked at me with her big beautiful eyes. "She has a bruise." And I didn't have to ask who.

"It's huge." Matt added and I could have punched him in the mouth.

I threw him a shutup look. "I'm sure it's okay baby." I said trying to calm her, before she got hysterical.

"Zack you didn't see it." She cried.

"Elizabeth you're getting ahead of yourself." And she was, she was assuming the worst.

I could see absolute panic creeping in and I pulled her close.

"It's okay." I whispered, kissing her temple softly.

Matt and Monique were looking at me oddly but they didn't understand, Elizabeth had told me about Charlotte but she also made me swear not to say a word about it and I hadn't.

"Okay." She murmured. "Oh Zack, I frightened her." And she looked so upset.

I was sure she did. Hell, she frightened me.

"Go after her." I murmured in her ear.

She kissed me quickly then headed in the direction Charlotte had gone, and I watched her, admiring her dress, she really did make a beautiful bride.

"It was just a bruise for god sake." Monique snapped, glaring after Elizabeth.

"When it comes to Charlotte a bruise is not a bruise." I said quietly.

Fuck. I'd put my foot in it.

"What?" Matt asked. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing it doesn't matter." I'd said too much. Shit.

"Obviously it does matter." He said frowning at me.

"Matt honestly it doesn't, now go dance with your fiancé or something." I said giving him a little shove.

"Good idea." Monique said. "I can't understand what all the fuss is about a bruise."

I watched her drag him off and he threw me a look over his shoulder, this wasn't over, he was going to annoy me until he found out. He was a persistent ass.

I headed outside to find Charlotte and Elizabeth and I found them out the front standing beside a taxi, talking quietly.

"Charlotte, I'll find someone to take you home." I offered walking over to them.

They'd both been crying, it was obvious, they had mascara on their cheeks.

"It's okay Zack." Charlotte sniffled. "I'm okay." And god I hoped she was.

I hugged her. "Are you?" I whispered.

"I think so." She murmured.

Her and Elizabeth hugged once more and Charlotte got in the taxi.

"She said she feels fine." Elizabeth told me, watching as the taxi drove off.

I pulled her into my arms. "She'll be fine baby." I murmured.

She nodded and layed her head on my chest. "I overreacted."

"Given her past Elizabeth it's understandable." And that was true.

She nodded, looking up at me.

"Now." I whispered, taking her face in my hands. "What do you say we get out of here Mrs Baker?"

She kissed me softly. "Yes because I have a surprise for you." She murmured, reaching down between my legs and squeezing gently.

"Oh christ let's go."

I couldn't get her home and out of that wedding dress fast enough.