A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 12

Matt's POV

"Are you getting changed?" I asked Monique, looking at her.

She was laying on the couch holding her head, looking kind of pathetic.

"I have one of my terrible headaches Matthew, perhaps we can reschedule." She groaned.

We were supposed to be going to Zack and Elizabeths for dinner.

"Nah, I think I'll still go." I told her, rolling my eye's. It was better than sitting around here listening to her complain all night.
.
She opened her eye's and looked at me. "I guess. I'll probably have to take tomorrow off work. My head is dreadful."

I bet you will, I thought, bending down and kissing her quickly. I knew she wanted me to tell her to quit her job, but there was no way I was doing that. I wasn't giving her what she wanted.

"See ya when I get home." I called out.

"Okay baby, I love you." She said.

I didn't reply, I just walked out the door. I got in the car and headed for Zack and Elizabeths, only I wasn't, I was going via Charlottes house, I mean they were expecting two for dinner so I might as well see if Charlotte wanted to come.

I pulled up and headed towards her door, knocking. I waited but nobody answered so I knocked again and rang the bell.

"Oh god, Matt." She said, finally opening the door.

She was standing there in a pair of shorts and a singlet top, hair a mess.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I asked, her appearance a give away.

"Yeah, it's okay." She said stepping back to let me in. "I was supposed to have Sunday and Monday off but one of the girls called in sick, so I haven't really recovered from the wedding."

I went inside. "So I'm heading to Zack and Elizabeths for dinner, do you want to come?"

"I'd love to come, can I quickly get changed?" She asked me smiling.

"Of course." She could wear what she had on for all I cared, she still looked good.

I noticed she had a small bandage on her arm like she'd had a blood test and when she turned to go upstairs I noticed the bruise, it was big and dark.

"Jesus Charlotte, that bruise." I mumbled, it really was huge.

"Oh yeah, I must have hit something hard." She called back, walking upstairs.

Hit something hard, that was an understatement, the bruise massive.

I sat down and waited five minutes, Charlotte came back down dressed in a skirt and top, hair pulled up. Looking perfect.

Oh god, I thought as we walked to my car, I swear it's the same skirt she had on at the salon that day, the day I kept looking at her ass.

She smiled at me as I started the car and we made small talk on the way. She was suddenly making me feel awkward and I was stumbling over my words.

"Charlotte." Elizabeth cried, hugging her hard when she opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"Monique wasn't feeling well." I told her, rolling my eye's.

"Well I can leave." Charlotte said jokingly and fuck no, she wasn't going anywhere.

"Don't be stupid." Elizabeth said, putting her arm around her and guiding her inside.

"Did you go to the doctors?" I heard Elizabeth ask her quietly.

I couldn't hear Charlottes response but judging by the bandage on her arm I'd say yes.

I frowned to myself. I was curious, I won't lie, but the worst thing, I was worried. I had no idea what was going on with Charlotte, but it bothered me a lot, more than it probably should.

Oh god Matt, I told myself, What are you doing?

I was engaged to be married, so why was this girl, who I'd known for a few years, suddenly consuming my thoughts, all of my thoughts?