A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 18

Bailey's POV

I was excited, I won't lie. This party was a huge deal to me. Tonight I was finally going to ask Arin out. Fuck it. I'd been crushing on him for so long, it was about time I just did it, asked him out.

I ran out to Charlottes car, I'd been nervously waiting for her, I was so nervous about Arin.

I climbed in looking at her. She'd been off work most of the week and I could understand why, she didn't look great. Actually she looked terrible, which just wasn't Charlotte.

"You okay?" I asked her, doing up my seat belt.
"Yeah." She said quietly. And that wasn't Charlotte either, she wasn't quiet.
"It's going to be fun." I said, trying to start a conversation because the silence was awkward.

Charlotte just nodded. This wasn't her, Charlotte was one of the happiest people I'd ever known. She just wasn't acting herself.

"Charlotte." I said softly.

She glanced at me, plastering a big smile on her face. "Arin." She giggled, changing the mood of the conversation.

"Yes." I giggled too. Just the thought of Arin made me feel like a giggly school girl.

"You and him." She giggled, but I ended the conversation there, her giggle seemed forced.

We arrived and went inside. I noticed Charlotte was wearing a jacket and that seemed strange, it was really warm. Surely she was hot?

As soon as we walked in Elizabeth made her way straight over to us, hugging Charlotte gently.

"How are you?" I heard her ask quietly.

"Drink?" Matt asked, appearing out nowhere and smiling widely. "Charlotte?"

"I'd love one." I told him because he hadn't even seen me.

"Just a soda." Charlotte added, sort of smiling.

He looked at her strangely and went to get us a drink. Strangely, more like longingly. I must have imagined that, I mean he was engaged to Monique. I shook my head and looked up, straight into Arin's smiling face.

"Hi." He said and oh god he was perfect.

"Oh hey Arin." I said forcing myself to talk.

"Oh gosh, excuse us for a second." Charlotte suddenly said, winking at me.

I smiled, trying not to laugh. She was giving us space, space to talk alone.

"Do you need a drink?" Arin asked me.

"Nope, here comes Matt with mine now."

"Where did Charlotte go?" He asked, holding my drink out to me.

"Not sure." I said to his back as he walked off to find her, not even waiting for my answer
.
"Wanna sit down?" Arin asked me, smiling his cute smile.

I nodded and followed him over to a couple of seats. We then sat there in an awkward silence and I was trying to think of something to say, my mind suddenly blank.

Oh screw this, I thought to myself, I'm doing it., asking him out.

"So Arin...." I started, but he cut me off.

"Listen Bailey....." He mumbled.

We both went silent, looking at each other.

"You go." He said quietly.

"No it's fine, you go." I urged him.

"Okay." He said taking a deep breath. "Do you want to go out tomorrow night?"

DID I.......What a stupid question.

"Sure, that would be nice." I said smiling, but screaming on the inside.

"Good." He murmured.

That seemed to break the ice and we sat there talking, watching everyone and I became a little concerned when I couldn't see Charlotte anywhere, well that was until Arin picked up my hand, squeezing it gently and entwining his fingers in mine.

Charlotte completely slipped my mind.

ARIN WAS HOLDING MY HAND.