A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 21

Elizabeths POV

Charlotte looked tired and she wasn't acting like herself, she was just being so Un - Charlotte and it scared me. She wasn't due back at her Specialist until Tuesday but it was like she already knew what he was going to say and I was terrified it was happening again and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

I was going on my honeymoon tomorrow while my sister faced this by herself and I felt terrible about it, absolutely horrible. She needed me and I was fucking off to the beach.

I attempted to have a good time at the party but I was always aware of Charlotte, aware of what she was doing, who she was talking too, well that was until she disappeared. I noticed Matt excuse himself and my guess was to go look for her. It was really sweet that he was playing the big brother and I prayed that was all he was playing at because I'd hate to have to puch him in the throat, because I would, id=f he fucked with my sister I'd kill him.

I excused myself and made my way inside. Holly was in the kitchen with her hands behind her back, picking up shots with her mouth and throwing her head back.

"Lizzy." She cried, obviously drunk.

I cringed, I hated that name. Lizzy. God it was awful.

"You going upstairs. Matt and Charlotte are up there." And she winked at me. What the hell was she winking at?

I shook my head at her while Brian encouraged her to do the next shot. Like she needed encouragement.

I started up the stairs quickly.

"Where are you going?" Monique asked, she was right beside me.

"Looking for Charlotte."

She followed me up the stairs and I could hear soft talking coming from the bathroom. I opened the door, looking in. Charlotte was curled up on Matt's lap and he was whispering quietly to her while she cried and god, the sight of her crying broke my heart.

He looked up and indicated for us to leave so I quietly shut the door again.

"What's that about?" Monique asked me, frowning.

"Charlotte is having some issue and Matt's obviously helping her." I mumbled, trying to think of something to say.

She looked at me strangely just as Holly came bounding up the stairs.

"Has the party moved up here?" She asked loudly.

I put my finger to my lips, indicating to the bathroom.

She made an O with her mouth, heading for the door.

"No, stop." I whispered, trying to stop her.

She opened the door and peeked in then closed it again, turning to me and Monique and squishing her face up.

"I ship it." She said, then turned and bounded back down the stairs.

"What does she mean?" Monique demanded, looking at me.
I shook my head, opening the door again. She probably didn't want to know.

"Elizabeth." Charlotte said, sitting up and wiping her face.

"You okay?" I asked her softly.

"I am now." She said, smiling at Matt. "But I think I might go home."

I nodded, watching her and Matt stand up, Matt helping her to her feet.

"I can drive you." Matt offered.

"Thanks Matt but I'll be okay, just make sure Bailey gets home okay." She told him, suddenly she hugged him. "Thankyou." She said softly.

And the look on his face. Oh dear god.

She grabbed my hand and I walked her out to her car.

"Please have a good time." She told me, turning to me.
"I'll try, besides Charlotte you might get good news." I said hopefully.

She looked at me sadly, shaking her head. "I know it's back."

I felt my heart sink and I was doing everything not to cry. "No Charlotte." It couldn't be back, it just couldn't.

"It's okay, Matt said he'll come to my appointments with me." She said smiling. "I kind of always wanted a big brother."

Big brother my ass, I thought, I'd seen the way he was stroking her face, that wasn't big brotherly. No way.

"Good." I said hugging her, thankful that Charlotte was unaware of Matt, unaware of what I think he felt for her.

"Have fun." She told me hugging me. "And I want presents."

I waved, watching her drive away, crying but trying not to. Who knew what I'd be coming to?

"I'll look after her." Matt said softly. I wasn't even aware he was there, he'd snuck up, to stand beside me.

"Matt don't you dare fuck with my sister." I snapped, watching her tail lights in the distance.

He looked shocked. "Elizabeth I wouldn't."

Maybe I was imagining it, I thought heading back inside, maybe he really was being an older brother.