A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 4

Charlottes POV

"There you go Arin." I told him, looking at him in the mirror. "Handsome as ever."

"Thanks Charlotte, you've done a great job as usual." He said standing up and hugging me.

I could see Bailey drooling out of the corner of my eye. Could she be anymore obvious?

"It's my job." I told him, hugging him back.

"I know but you always squeeze me in." He said, completely unaware of Baileys drooling. She needed to wipe her mouth.

"Arin, everyone is coming in this week. Matt and Monique are in this afternoon and....." I was telling him when I was cut off by a screeching voice I loved.

"ARIN YOU CUTIE." Holly screeched, entering the shop.

"Holly is due any minute." I finished laughing.

Arin grinned at me as Holly hugged him enthusiastically.

"See you girls on Saturday." He said, opening the door and throwing a quick look at Bailey. Oh yeah, he liked her, it was obvious and maybe he had ben aware of her drooling after all.

"Can't wait." Holly called after him, she turned to me. "Make me beautiful."

"Sit down." I told her. "Same color?" I asked, looking at her in the mirror.

"Hell yes, Elizabeth would shit if I changed the color now." And she had a point.

"Yeah you're right." I told her as I got everything ready and started on her hair.
"Bailey." I said grinning at her. "Why don't you ask him out?" Meaning Arin.

"Who, what?" She asked, turning from Mrs Sables head and acting all innocent.

"Ha ha." Holly laughed sarcastically. "Who."

"You know who." I teased, and of course she knew who.

"What, no. I couldn't." She stammered, her cheeks going red.

"Why not?" Holly demanded, smiling at me.

"Well, you know, I thought him and Charlotte, you know." She mumbled.

Holly started laughing and I got a little pissed. Why did everyone think that Arin and I would get together?

"No Bailey, me and him, no." I told her. "He's a great guy but just not for me." And he really wasn't my type, if I even had a type.

"Really, because I just......" Bailey stuttered.

"You want him." Holly finished, smirking.

I poked her, it was obvious that Bailey had a huge crush on Arin, she didn't need Holly giving her a hard time over it. The girl was shy as it was.

"What I meant was." Holly told her. "Talk to him on Saturday at the wedding."

"Maybe." She said quietly and went back to Mrs Sables hair.

Holly was quiet for awhile which is how I knew something was bothering her. She was never quiet.

"Okay." I said, while we waited for the color. "What is it?"
"I feel like such a bitch for saying it." She murmured, leaning over close to me.

"Say it Holly." I hissed back.

"Well Elizabeth is getting married on Saturday, Monique and Matt got engaged, then there's me and Brian." She took a deep breath. "I just don't think he's ever going to commit Charlotte and I mean how long should I wait."

"Oh Holly." I said. "I'm sure he will." And I was sure he would.

"I guess." She sighed, looking hurt.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't really sure why Holly was asking me, I couldn't even get a boyfriend. What advice could I possibly give her.

"Anyways, how's Josh or Jake or whatever his name is?" She asked me winking.

As if on cue my phone pinged with yet another text message from Josh.

"Annoying." And we all laughed. He really was persistent.

I really wasn't laughing on the outside. I was lonely.