A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 5

Matt's POV

"I just think it's ridiculous." Monique said. "You'll look stupid."

I groaned to myself,I was getting a bit sick of listening to her go on and on about me partnered with Charlotte for the wedding. It was hardly the end of the world.

"How will we look stupid?" I asked grabbing my keys, sick of the conversation already.

She picked up her bag. "Well you're so tall Matthew and well Charlotte isn't."

I walked out the door, waiting for her and then closing it after her.

"Don't let Elizabeth hear you say that." She'd kick Monique's ass.

"Yeah well she needs to open her eyes and realise how stupid it will look." God, her voice was so whiny.

I got in the car and started driving, really wanting to just ignore but figuring I'd better not.

"Monique, Charlotte is fine." I told her, waiting for the repercussions from that statement.

"I know that Matthew." She snapped. "I'm just talking size wise."

"Well I'm sick of discussing it." And I really was, so fucking sick of it. "It's not your wedding so get over it already."

The rest of the journey was in silence and as we entered the salon I was a little pissed when
Monique hugged Charlotte enthusiastically, I mean she was just bitching about her, now they were best friends.

"Okay, I'll do Moniques color first then you Matt." Charlotte told us, smiling.

I agreed and got comfortable, watching them. They were chatting away but I couldn't hear what they were talking about but then again, did I really want to know?

"Alright Matt." Charlotte called.

I made my way over and sat down.

"Sorry but I've got to put the chair right down." She told me grinning. "So what are we doing?" She asked, looking at me through the mirror.

"The same." I told her.

"Oh god no Matt." Monique groaned.

"I like it." I told her, glaring at her through the mirror.

"I do too." Charlotte told her smiling at me and completely ignoring Monique.

"Can't you just shave it off?" Monique whined.

"No." I snapped at her, I liked this style.

I sat there while she went to work, snipping, shaving, drying and always smiling.

"Hmmm." She said, getting up close to my face, frowning.

I looked at her, she was so close. I would say it was awkward, only it wasn't and what the hell was I thinking? This was Charlotte.
"Can I wax your eyebrows?" She suddenly asked, meeting my eye's.

"What, no." I gushed, trying not to blush.

For some reason her closeness was flustering me.

"Fine." She sighed, going back to my hair.

What the fuck Matt, I thought to myself, looking at her in the mirror. I looked down at her ass, I don't know why, I just did. She had on a skirt that made her ass look absolutely.....

STOP, I yelled at myself in my head. What the fuck was I doing?

"All done." She finally said. "Perfect as always." She giggled, kissing my cheek.

I couldn't get out of the chair quick enough and I made my way back over to the couch they had in the salon, watching Monique get her hair done, and watching Charlotte, why the fuck was I watching Charlotte?

Finally we could leave and I couldn't get out of there quick enough. Luckily Monique wanted to go out to dinner and later in the bedroom she wanted to do a few other things, I was happy to oblige.

"Oh god Matt." Monique groaned as I rolled off her. "Fabulous as usual."

I smiled in the dark and Charlotte crossed my mind.

What the fuck?