A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 6

Elizabeths POV

"Wake up." I heard someone whisper in my ear. "It's your wedding day."
I opened my eye's to Charlotte leaning over the bed grinning at me.

"I'm getting married." I whispered and I was, today was my wedding day.

She grinned at me and nodded.

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her hard, really hard. I was just so excited.

"Come on. I need to start your hair." She whispered.

I nodded, getting up and I followed her downstairs, watching her make coffee and get stuff ready to curl my hair. Thank god my sister was a hairdresser.

"Should I wake the other's?" I asked her.

"Nah, Bailey won't be here for another few hours." She mumbled.

Bailey was coming over to help Charlotte do the other girls hair and of course do Charlottes, although I was pretty sure Charlotte was capable of doing her own.

"Good." I said, getting comfortable as she started on my hair.

"God." She said taking a big drink of coffee. "I'm so tired." And she looked tired.

I felt that horrible fear grip my stomach, but I tired to sound calm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just busy." She muttered, doing my hair.

I sat there staring at my coffee, not saying anything. I didn't want her to sense my fear, but I couldn't help it.

"Elizabeth, why are you crying?" Charlotte suddenly asked, stopping.

I was? God she was right, I was crying.

"I'm just scared." I whispered.

"It's natural to be scared Elizabeth, but you're marrying Zack." She said softly.

I sighed. "I'm moving out." And that's what scared me.

"Of course." She muttered.

"I worry." I told her and I worried all the time.

She stopped what she was doing. "Elizabeth don't." And she sounded angry.

"I can't help it Charlotte, I won't be here for you, to protect you." I was crying again, everything I said was true.

"Elizabeth you can't stop it." She said softly.

I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my sobs, what she said was true, I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Besides, everything's fine, it's been five years." She started on my hair again. "You can't put your life on hold and especially not for me."

"You have." I whispered and she had.

"What?" She asked, pretending to have no clue what I meant.

"Charlotte I know why you don't ever have a relationship, I know the reason." I said to her.

"I just haven't met anyone." She murmured.

"Don't lie." And she was, she was lying to me and to herself.

She went quiet, concentrating on my hair.

"You tell me not to worry Charlotte, but you're just sitting around waiting for it to come back." I knew I was pushing the limits with her now, she'd get mad, but what I was saying was truthful.

"Well." She snapped. "I like it this way, if it does come back I only have me to worry about."

"Charlotte." I cried, the thought of that hurting me.

"No Elizabeth, it's your wedding day and I'm not discussing it. I'm tired because I've been busy, end of story." She snapped, done with the conversation.

"Okay." I murmured. I knew when to stop.

"Good, now YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED." She screamed hugging me.

I was, I was marrying Zack, my love and my life, but I still couldn't help but worry about Charlotte. I hated the thought of being away from her, not being able to keep my eye on her. I'd been lectured by Mother and father and even Zack about it, but I couldn't help it, I worried. She was my baby sister.

I sat there while Charlotte did my hair thinking, thinking about the two years of hell she'd endured and I would do everything in my power to make sure she didn't go through that again, everything.

Suddenly Charlotte wrapped her arms around, hugging me hard.

"Live your life Elizabeth." She whispered in my ear. "And I'll live mine."

I grabbed onto her hands, nodding.

It was all I'd ever wanted, for Charlotte to live her life.