A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 8

Matt's POV

"Fuck." Brian hissed. "It's hot." And he stated pulling at his tie.

I glanced at him although he wasn't the one I was worried about, it was Zack, he was sweating and looking a little pale, swallowing continuously like he was going to be sick.

"You okay man?" I whispered looking at him.

He looked at me, grabbing his tie. "I just wished they'd hurry up, it's hot." He squeaked.

It was hot. We were all standing here sweating, well except for Arin, he was standing there looking cool as a cucumber, smiling at Bailey, who was blushing furiously and smiling shyly back.

They obviously liked eachother, they just needed to get their shit together, which was too bad, I'd kind of hoped him and Charlotte would get together, although maybe he wasn't good enough for her, she needed someone who'd treat her right, I mean if I was with her I'd treat her....

MATT STOP, I mentally scolded myself. What the fuck was up with me, this engagement had spooked me I guess and now I was peeking at other woman. I loved Monique and I wanted to spend my life with her, I swear. So why the fuck was I thinking about Charlotte all of a sudden?

Now it was my turn to start sweating but thank god the music started, signaling the girls arrival.

The doors opened and they started walking down the aisle. Monique was first, she looked sensational and I mentally congratulated myself for snagging a true babe, she really was beautiful.

Next was Christina, Johnnys girl, they'd been together for an eternity and she grounded him and for that I'd always be grateful for. She was his rock.

When Holly came in Brian made some weird noise and I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. I swear he was drooling, but I didn't blame him, Holly was a beautiful girl too.

I looked back to the doors to see Charlotte organising Elizabeths dress. Charlotte was bent over and when she stood up, she looked towards the front and smiled and her smile........

My breath caught in my throat and now Brian was looking at me.

"Man, you okay?" He hissed.
"What, yeah, Elizabeth just looks nice." I lied, swallowing.

"Fuck off she's mine." Zack hissed, smiling at Elizabeth as she walked down the aisle.

"I got my own." I whispered looking at Monique.

I looked at Monique and I refused to look anywhere else, even though voice in my head kept telling me otherwise. I was not going to look. I would not do it.

I looked at Monique and winked, she smiled at me, raising her eyebrows questioningly. I looked away because thankfully the service started and I didn't want her to see my face, she might see what I was thinking, that I was doing my best not to look at Charlotte.

Of course Charlotte and I had to do our duties and before I knew it, she had her arm hooked through mine and we were exiting the church, while I mentally scolded myself. Why was I perving on another woman?

"Oh my god." Charlotte screeched, throwing herself at Zack and Elizabeth. "Congrats guys."

There was a lot of congratulating and I took the time to see Monique, kiss her, tell her how wonderful she looked and she did, she really did look beautiful.
"You look incredibly handsome." She told me, kissing me softly.

I closed my eye's, enjoying her kiss, well trying to anyway.

"Let's go." Zack called and we all got into the cars.

"Oh my gosh Matt." Charlotte gushed as the car we were in pulled away. "Everyone looks so beautiful."

I looked at her and nodded, smiling.

Fuck me.

Yes they did.