Anti-Venom

3

Chester Oak Lane, a street that is a very far cry from Bella Luna. Every house here is on a grand scale, only the wealthy live here. Each house has roughly four or five bedrooms plus the bathrooms to match, not to mention their own fitness rooms and pool houses. Everything about this place is vibrant and screams family friendly, and life. It's Glenview, plain and simple. It's the Glenview that Gwen's family had ideally wanted her to grow up in, and it's this particular street that Patrick has spent the last few years living on.

The exact house is hidden away in the far corner part of the street, the more expensive part of the street. It's perimeter is surrounded by trees, and at the end of it's driveway a set of black iron gates. The house itself isn't viewable from the road, but maybe that's because it would be the envy of everybody else if it were.

Including Patrick, the house has 8 occupants. One of whom, a tall young boy with brown hair and bronze glowing eyes; currently stands looking out of one of the windows overlooking the driveway and road. His name is Ryan, a 19 year old young man who has a very unique life; so unique that he is the only one of his type. He was conceived in hell, after which his mother was placed back on earth to live a mortal human life while pregnant. Of course naturally, she died during childbirth, and as his father was down in the depths of hell, Ryan was left on earth to be raised by one of his father's most trusted demons.

When he'd found out about Patrick's promises to the hunter, his initial reaction was to throw the traitor out, but having explained his reasoning to the person who raised him in his fatber's absence; he was persuaded into letting him back in... Little did any of them know what Patrick had planned for tonight. That's why Pete had gone out, because when they all realised that Patrick was not in his room, they knew exactly what he was doing, they knew he was acting on the promise; and if anyone could stop him it would be his best friend in the household, Pete.

Now Ryan stands looking out of his window, waiting for Pete to return with Patrick. However when Pete's car pulls onto the driveway, and when it becomes clear that Pete is the only one in it; all the young man can do is feel rage and panic.

Ever so quickly he crosses his room and walks out onto his balcony that looks out over the reception hall, arriving at the edge as Pete walks through the door.

"Tell me you knocked him out and have him locked away in the trunk." Ryan angrily demands of Pete. The older man simply looks up at him, and then looks over towards the hallway to his left as one of the other occupants of the house emerges. This time a girl of about 5'5", with long black hair and extremely dark eyes.

"Well?" She asks of Pete. Pete though, just stands there like a deer caught in headlights; and so she concludes that they got away.

"I don't know what happened." Pete tells them. "One minute there were there, then everything stopped and suddenly they were gone."

"You stupid fucking pr-"

"Ryan!" A new voice cuts in, and behind the girl, now stands a tall pale man with rich brown hair and the same bronze eyes as Ryan.

"He let them get away!" The younger man protests. "He fucking let them go!"

"He did not let them go." The girl replies, "they have a warlock on their side."

"So what? William we have demons! We have me!" The youngster still argues.

"Shut up!" Pete tells him. "All of you just shut up. Them getting away it doesn't matter, none of that matters what matters is us getting ahead of them!"

"Meeting in the garage. 5 minutes." The more dominant of the group declares, and then turns to walk away, as does the girl.

"You'd better fucking hope we catch them." Ryan growls at Pete then, before turning and heading back through his room, and his own private living room.

Down in the garage, the man who had called the meeting is now going through cupboard upon cupboard, bringing out all sorts of things that he'd long since put away, knowing that he'd need them again at some point.

"What's going on homie?" He hears a voice behind him suddenly, and turns to find one of the households other occupants stood in the doorway. A tall man, with short brown hair and red eyes.

"Gabe." William groans, and then goes back to routing through cupboards.

"Like I said, what's going on?" The taller man asks again as he leans against the door frame.

"Patrick got away." William replies. "With the girl."

"Ah, so that's why Ryan's up there smashing the shit out of Patrick's room." Gabe sums up.

"Yeah." Sighs William, "He's got his dad's temper. I called a meeting about now so everyone should be in here soon."

"What about the boy?" Gabe asks.

"Go get him, he needs to hear what we're gonna do to his friends." William replies and gives a look as though that had been the most obvious answer in the world. Then he turns his attention to a road map, and reaches up. When he brings his hand back down, Ryan comes straight through the ceiling.

"Ass hole, I was enjoying myself up there." The teenager scowls as he finds his footing.

"But I told you to be here." William responds, which gets a chuckle from Gabe. "I thought I told you to go get the boy."

The other man exits now, and is shortly replaced by Pete, the girl from before, and another girl. Shortly after, they're rejoined by Gabe, who is dragging a boy along by his dark hair - a boy who is identical to seer who had helped Patrick get away. Ever so roughly, Gabe throws the boy down to the floor and then kicks him into place in a corner. The boy doesn't dare argue, for he knows exactly what these people can do.

"As you're all now aware, Patrick and the girl got away." William starts.

"They're at Andy's house in Milwaukee." The boy on the floor speaks with regret and fear. "They'll be there for a week, then they're moving on. There's a safe house being set up for them in Daytona."

"He's lying." The second of the girls cuts in.

"Please, I'm not I-" the boy begs as he looks up, and William kneels down to him.

"You've suffered at my hands before, do you want that now? Or are you going to tell us the truth?"

The boy trembles, and looks to each member of the group, before he looks straight at the girl who had called him a liar.

"San Diego." He tells her, not once breaking eye contact. "They fly out next week."

"Liz?" William asks.

"He's looking me in the eyes, if he were lying he'd be burning up on the inside right now." The girl - a white haired girl with startling ice blue eyes concludes.

"Great." William smiles, and picks the boy up to throw him out of the garage, back into the house. He closes the door again, completely unaware of the agony the boy on the other side of that door is now in as he feels intense burning inside his body.

"So let's go, we can catch them. If they fly out next week we can get there well ahead of them." Ryan concludes as he sits on a counter top kicking his legs back and forth. "It'll take less than that to drive there, the only one who needs sleep is me, so we can do it in a day or two. We'll be there waiting for them, the boy can tell us the exact address."

"That's if he sees it." William responds. "He doesn't see everything remember."

"But even if he doesn't, we'll still be there days before them. We'll have time to find it." Pete speaks up now. "It won't be hard. They're going to go to the part of the city with the most sun, and it'll be close to a church."

"Ugh." Ryan shudders, and then reaches out to pick up one of the things William had put on the counter top earlier. He asks, "What's this?"

In his hands he holds a bottle filled with a green liquid, he goes to open it, but William very quickly snatches it out of his hands.

"It's a paralysis drug for supernatural beings. My guess is that Andy will be supplying some sort of blood or substitute for Patrick. This is how we're going to stop him from being able to do anything to stop us from killing her." William explains, and then puts the bottle into a bag. He picks up another bag now, one that he'd pulled out of the cupboard earlier, and opens it. Inside are three rings, and three chains. He hands one to Pete, one to Gabe, one to the black haired girl, Shana.

"It's stupidly sunny where they're going, a lot sunnier than here; you won't be able to cope. Patrick will be protected by the warlock. We however, have no warlock. Those will protect you." He explains as each of the three vampires places the chains around their necks.

"What's in the other bags?" Ryan asks.

"That's for me to know and all of you to only find out if we need to use it. Got it?" William asks and the others nod. "Good, now go round up whatever you need to round up. Drivers are Me, Pete and Gabe. I take the brat with me. Shana you go with Pete, keep an eye on him. Gabe you've got Liz and Ryan. Go get everything you need, all of you back down here in an hour okay?"

All of them nod in acknowledgement before leaving the room. William stays behind, packing what he needs to pack; and then heads out to find the boy from before.

"I know you're lying." He snarls as he picks the boy up by his collar, and slams him into a wall. "Tell me the truth, or it won't be my wrath you feel."

"I didn't lie." The boy gasps. He scrunches his eyes shut and turns his head away from the demon holding him up; the wall incredibly cold on his back even through the shirt he wears. Tears fall down his face now - William's grasp is getting tighter.

"Please." He begs.

"The truth Matthew." William demands still. "Or I'll let Ryan play with you."

"Key West." The boy splutters. "Florida."

"Are they flying?" William asks.

"I don't know I haven't seen that." The boy cries, and feels relief wash through him as William throws him down to the floor and begins to walk back towards the garage, but then he turns quickly.

"Do you know if your brother has seen us going after them?" He asks.

"Ryan barred all contact between me and Brendon, I'm completely cut off!" The boy raises his voice a little. William chuckles a little to himself now.

"What?" The boy asks.

"Brendon probably thinks you're dead. You really are all alone." The demon sniggers.

"We're twins, he knows I'm still alive." The boy argues back defiantly, but then cowers again as William comes back over and crouches down before him.

"How do you know Ryan hasn't planted a vision of your death in his mind?" He goads, then leaves the boy alone to deal with the pain and heartache of being truly alone.

By the time he gets back to the garage after packing, the others are already there, loading two of the cars that they have, the other one is already put on the drive way.

"You all ready?" William asks as he puts his bag in the trunk of his car, and a small bag in as well. Nobody talks, but everyone nods. "Okay, get going. Nobody stops, unless it's for food for Ryan."

At that instruction, everyone gets into the car they've been told to travel in, and sets off, William however, doesn't set off. He just goes over to the corner where the other boy is cowering still, and pulls him up by his hair.

Once again the boy gasps, and shows his discomfort as William throws him into the back seat of his car.

"Why did you send them in the wrong direction?" The boy asks in fear.

"Because I need them to be at least a couple of days behind." William replies simply. He gets into the car then, and backs it out of the garage. The garage door closes once he's out, and he turns to drive off of the drive way and out of the street.

At first all is silent. Matthew sits in the back seat of the car with his knees pulled up to his chest while William drives. Every so often, William checks on the boy in his rear view mirror.... And then suddenly silence breaks.

"818 Cambridge Avenue, a White House with a blue door, opposite St Teresa's. They have a red Ford F-150, registration VA1 8672."

William has to halt the car at hearing those words. And after a couple of honks from other drivers he pulls over.

"Matthew?" He asks as he turns to check on the boy, whose eyes are now stark white.

"The hunter is with them, Patrick is hurt. He's lying on the ground." The boy in the back seat continues. "Silvercrest coated dagger, through his heart.... Ryan..... No!"

"Matthew!" William shouts, and shakes the boy out of his vision. "Matthew what about Ryan what did you see?"

"Ryan's going to try and kill Brendon on Church ground." Matthew speaks clearly and boldly.

"Shit." William grumbles. "Shit fuck oh fuck, are you sure?"

"I can't change what I see, it doesn't work like that." Matthew replies.

"What if we get Pete to keep Ryan away from Key West?" William asks.

"You can't keep him away. His dad is Satan, he strongly takes after him, I'll be surprised if he isn't on his way to Key West by now any way."

"It's his father that told me to send him in the wrong direction!"

The boy in the back seat looks completely dumbfounded now, having heard those words.

"I spoke to Ryan's father. He wants Ryan nowhere near this." William comes clean. "The first thing the hunter will do is try to either turn Ryan against his father or try to cast Ryan down to be with his father. That's the last place Ryan needs to be because he's half human and they know his human side can be gotten to."

"I've seen Ryan sleep with a girl and rip her heart out before throwing her to Patrick, he'll never be human." Matthew near enough spits.

"Yeah, Patrick had so much potential back then. Pity he'd already made a promise to the hunter." William speaks as he also remembers that incident, only in somewhat more fonder terms than Matthew. "He was so brutal when he was a new born. I wonder if he'll ever tell her how many people he's killed."

"I hope not." Is Matthew's response to that. "He regrets most of them."

"Just shut up and go to sleep." William say in disgust now, and turns silent as he focuses on the road; on getting to Key West.