Anti-Venom

7

First impressions are usually everything. However to Gwen, she couldn't care less about the exterior of the house. So long as she and her future baby are safe, she really doesn't care. As far as she's concerned, anything is a palace compared to the trailer park she's just come from. So when she and Patrick arrive at the house in Key West, she simply gets out of the car, and heads inside where her brother waits for her.

"Welcome home." He greets as he holds the door open, and allows Gwen to cross the threshold into her temporary new home. Now the first impression hits. The house is only a single level house, but it looks like a palace. It's pretty much open plan just like Andy's house in Wisconsin; only the decor is in the colours of the sea and sand. The living room is the first room entered, and much to Gwen's surprise, feels welcoming. There is an ocean blue rug in the centre of the polished wood floor, around which are two black couches and a black chair. Against the wall that they are facing is a cabinet, upon which is a black cloth covering various items. Patrick can only assume that as this house is actually owned by the church across the road, that there is a shrine to Jesus there, that Andy has thought to cover up as it would repel and considerably weaken Patrick; which wouldn't be much help should he need to defend Gwen. A lamp stands either side of the cabinet, and pictures hang on the wall... again they have been covered. A breakfast bar with four stools along it is all that separates the living area and the lightly colour schemed kitchen. Again there are various things and pictures covered, making Patrick feel quite inadequate. But he knows of his importance to this world now, and knows that he is far from inadequate.

"You okay?" Andy asks as he shuts the front door, while Patrick makes his way over to the kitchen; and starts loading his blood supply into the fridge.

"I'm already pregnant." Gwen states in a rather unexcited tone. "Nobody told me it would happen literally right away."

"Yeah." Andy replies awkwardly. "That's kind of why we had to move so fast. I suppose now would be a good time to tell you it'll only last half the time a mortal pregnancy would."

"Will I survive it?" Gwen asks. "You know, I just, I want to know because all any of you seem to do is keep secrets from me."

"I honestly don't know." Is Andy's response. "But um, well, the pastor has had the baby's room decorated ready. You wanna see?"

"No." Gwen replies. "Honestly I just want you to leave, I want to be alone."

"Gwen-"

"No Andy." She cuts him off. "I can't handle this, I can't handle any of it. Honestly I thought I could. I thought I'd processed what you told me last week, but I haven't. One day, I was shit poor, selling myself to make enough to pay rent and medical bills, and the next thing I know I'm pregnant with my boyfriend vampire's baby."

"Gwen come on." Patrick comes over to offer Gwen some comfort, but she shoves him away.

"No, I, none of you were here, none of you cared when I was going through shit growing up." She puts them in their places. "The only person who has ever actually cared about me is me. Why can't you all just leave me alone for a little while? Where's our bedroom?"

"Down there, first door on the left." Andy replies, and signals for Patrick not to follow her as she heads off to shut herself away.

"Was she this moody on the drive down here?" He asks Patrick.

"I tried to talk to her about a few things and it didn't go too well." Patrick replies. "She met Spencer's mom though."

Andy looks at the vampire for a moment before turning and picking his car keys up off of the kitchen counter.

"Okay, I'm going to go get some things from the store. Joe is out with Spencer, they're practicing a few things out of the way of people. I'm going to leave Brendon with you, let me k ow if you have any trouble. You shouldn't." Andy announces, to which Patrick just nods, and acknowledges Brendon as Andy lets him in, before leaving. As soon as he's gone, Patrick's persona changes from one that can't wait to be rid of someone, to one of extreme concern.

"You okay?" He asks a very worried looking Brendon. The teenager simply shakes his head. So Patrick tells him to come sit with him, and tell him what's up.

"I had a vision." Brendon starts, but before he gets any further the door is kicked in; and there stands the very demon they've been trying to avoid.

"Surprise!" Ryan giggles.

Immediately Patrick and Brendon both jump up off of the sofa, and move to get some form of weapon however as Pete, Gabe and the two girls come into the room; they are quickly outnumbered and over powered. Gabe and Shana take hold of Brendon and wrestle him down to sit on one of the sofas, while Pete and Liz very easily manage to weaken Patrick by holding a silver cross in front of him at first, and then press it into his back to force him to his knees. Ryan heads off to one of the two bedrooms now; making way for William to enter, holding onto the boy Brendon thought he'd never see again, his brother.

"Matt?" Brendon asks, voice welling up as he witnesses William throw Matthew to the floor, completely paralysed and unable to speak. This of course makes Brendon panic, and begin to struggle; something that the two vampires holding him revel in.

"Hey Ricky, haven't seen you in a little while, how you doing?" William toys, and then chuckles as Liz closes her hand around Patrick's neck, making him look up while Pete holds him firmly in place.

"Open up." William toys as he dangles a vial in front of the youngest vampire in the room. Patrick doesn't though, instead he tries to fight them off; but Liz's grip around his beck tightens, and he can do nothing but gasp. It means that his mouth opens enough to pour in the contents of the vial, and Liz can force him to swallow. Once Pete feels him go limp, he simply lets go of him, and Patrick falls to the floor; perfectly conscious, but completely unable to move or talk coherently.

Finally, Ryan reappears; this time holding a struggling and terrified Gwen extremely tightly, and then throws her over to William.

"So glad you could join us little girl." William goads. "You picked a pretty one Patrick. Shame she has to be the key to closing hell's gate."

Ever so roughly William pulls Gwen's head back by her hair, and stands back as Shana leaves Brendon to come over, takes a knife from her shin high boot, and cuts straight through Gwen's long red hair.

"Hmm." William muses mockingly. "I know, what this bitch needs is a black eye. Shana?

"No!" Brendon cries, and then flinches as Shana punches Gwen hard across the face, sending Gwen into a shocked enough state that she falls to to floor.

"Please." Matthew sobs a little, and reaches out a hand towards William, who goes over and steps harshly onto his wrist.

"I told you we were going to have some fun." William smiles. "Ryan, care to do the honours?"

"Thought you'd never ask." The demon beams, and comes to kneel over Gwen. He looks to Patrick, who already has tears flowing down his cheeks, knowing that he can do nothing to help now.

Brendon struggles again now, and this time manages to escape Gabe, only to be stopped when he sees Shana kneeling over Matt with her knife to his throat.

"What's it going to be Brendon?" William asks. "Save your brother or save the baby?"

"The baby." Matthew whispers, but Brendon can't. He just surrenders, and kneels on the floor, allowing both Gabe and Pete and come and take hold of him.

"You two hungry?" William asks, and then looks to Shana. "Leave him. Go feed on that one with them. Don't kill him though. Just take what you need."

At that, the three vampires bite harshly into Brendon's skin; causing the boy to let out an extremely pained scream.

"Liz, hold Gwen down for Ryan." William orders. The female demon smirks, and goes over to where Gwen lies with Ryan hovering over her. As she regains her composure, she begins to panic, which gives Liz great pleasure in holding her down, while Ryan straddles her legs, and places his hand over her stomach. Gwen screams, and cries; pleading for them not to do this.

William makes his way over to Patrick now, and kneels beside him, holding his head in place so that he has no choice but to watch as Ryan forms his hand into a claw like state, and Gwen's stomach glows an orange colour, much like flame. He watches as Ryan burns her, and literally reaches into her to pull out the life that had been growing within her.

For Gwen the pain is so bad, that she is beyond screaming. She is choking, she is fitting. She had been told about Ryan, and what he could do as the devil's son; but this is her first time ever experiencing his wrath. For a moment, she honestly feels like being in hell with Ryan's father would be less painful than this, less torture.

"He's coming." Matthew cries, begging for Gwen to hold on.

"Did you just try to comfort her?" William asks, and then kicks Matthew harshly in the face. He calls out then; "enough!"

Immediately the three vampires stop feeding from Brendon, and leave him in a bloody heap on the floor. They come and pick Matthew up instead, and carry him off out of the house. Liz leaves Gwen, and goes over to Patrick now, and looks into his eyes. The vampire audibly gasps a little as he feels a sharp burning sensation inside of him.

"A little of what you've bitch is going through." Liz tells him, and then she too leaves the house.

"Ryan." William calls calmly. "Ryan come on. Baby is dead, you've tortured her enough for one day. Her brother's on his way, let's leave him to find them."

"Can't I just kill her and stop the gene from passing on?" Ryan asks, still torturing Gwen; now by carving a drawing of his father into her skin using a single fingernail.

"Ryan you're half human, and that's a side of you the hunter can get to now come on." William urges.

"Fine." Ryan sulks, and the. Gets up and heads off out of the house.

"We own you Patrick." William hisses one last thing to the vampire. "Don't forget who made you, and which side you belong to. As soon as your bitch is of age, we'll let her blood, and Ryan's father will walk this world and it will bow to him. We won't ever let a baby be born to you and her. That gate needs to stay open."

With that William leaves, literally just as Andy is driving back up the street. He knows they've won this one, but they've got a long way to go if they want to stop an immortal hunter from happening, and want to keep hell's gates open to fully wreak the havoc they want to wreak, and to allow Ryan's father to roam the earth once more.