Let the Healing Light Come In

chapter two

Image


Trucco Family Dossier
As Read By Jackson Whittemore
On The Way To The Trucco Home

Once he was sure that Shane wasn’t going to try to talk to him, he pulled the giant dossier back into his lap. Everyone thinks that he skates by on his looks and his skills on the lacrosse team, but he’s smart. He’s always had a good memory, and he’s going to remember these people so that he doesn’t look like some kind of idiot. The dossier is thick, but he’s going to study each picture until some of this start to make sense.

On the very first page is a very long, and detailed, family tree.

The beginning of the tree just says Agatha Trucco. Nan.

The far left branch is the alpha and his family. Shane and Leah Trucco. They have six children, three boys and three girls, and a total of three grandchildren. For now. One of the sons is about to have another child. He knows that because there’s another branch with a question mark. It’s the same for another pregnant family member.

The middle branch is a part of the family that he’s going to be staying with. He can tell because of the stars next to some of the names. Sean Trucco is Shane’s twin brother, and his wife’s name is Rita. They have ten children, six girls and four boys, and one adopted daughter. They only have one grandchild. For now. Their oldest daughter is pregnant.

The far right branch looks small compared to the other two. Sally Trucco-Owens, the youngest of Agatha’s three children, and her husband Trent Owens. They have six children; three boys and three girls, and the oldest is only fifteen.

After that, the pages show each individual family member. Pictures and details…So many faces and so much information.

The first picture is of the Werewolf Matriarch, Agatha Trucco. Her light blonde hair has thick streaks of gray in it, and there are wrinkles next to her clear blue eyes. Looks like werewolf genes are good for the aging process. Under the picture, in Saraleigh’s elegant handwriting, are the details.

Agatha Trucco

[I’m too scared to write down her age]

Werewolf Matriarch

Deets: This is our Nan. Our grandfather passed away before Aunt Sally was born, so Nan was our Alpha until Shane (my dad) came of age. Nan is the best storyteller, and she can still kick some ass. She keeps us all in line, but she’s been taking it easy these past couple of years. She owns a bookstore (storyteller), and she turned the second floor into her home. Nan’s a tough ol’ girl, but she’s a great big softie at the end of the day. Look out for her left hook.


The next picture showed the man that he was currently in a vehicle with, and it must have been a recent picture because he couldn’t see any differences. His hair is light blonde, his eyes are a clear blue, and there’s some scruff on his cheeks and chin. He looks like a normal guy, but he’s an alpha werewolf.

Shane Trucco

54

Alpha Lawyer

Deets: This is my amazing father! He’s also our alpha, so he has that whole authority thing going for him. Him and Uncle Sean have their own law office, and they’re damn good at what they do! Dad’s the type to sit back and really listen, and he’s good with quick decisions. He looks out for all of us, and not just because it’s his job. If you ever need anything, you can go to him.


The next picture was of a smiling woman, with short curly hair and big green eyes. Shane’s wife, and a human.

Leah Trucco

51

Human Teacher

Deets: This is my sweet Mama. She can be a little scatterbrained sometimes, but I think that comes from having so many kids. She’s a teacher at the local high school, but she tries her best not to embarrass us too much in class. She’s always busy, but she still somehow has time for us whenever we have a problem. If she starts talking about literature though, run as fast as you can! Because she can go on for hours.


The next picture showed what Jackson imagined the perfect American family to look like. The parents stood in the back, both tall and blonde with bright blue eyes. Two children stood in front of them, a boy and a girl, both with the same light blonde hair and blue eyes. They were standing on a lawn, with lush green grass, and they looked…happy. Not like they were smiling just for the picture’s sake.

Chance Trucco

30

Werewolf Construction Manager

Deets: Ah, my oldest brother. Chance is a little too easygoing sometimes. He lets people walk all over him sometimes, and I feel bad for the person who makes him angry. His laugh shakes the walls, because he tends to stomp his feet when he’s in a laughing fit. He’s always been the peacekeeper in our house.


Kacie Trucco

31

Werewolf Banker

Deets: Thankfully, my sister-in-law has enough backbone for the both of them. No one messes with Kacie (don’t let that sweet smile fool ya!). She’s the go-to finance person in the family. She can work some crazy magic with money, and she’s constantly in motion. Try not to get too dizzy.


Kayla Trucco

12

Human Kid

Deets: Kayla is really outgoing, so there shouldn’t be any problems with her. She is going into that boy stage though. So if you’re cute and she blushes then runs away when she sees you, don’t take it personally.


Mike Trucco

11

Werewolf Kid

Deets: Mikey is a sweetheart. He looks after his sister, and she can get him to do pretty much anything. He’s normally with our cousin Blaise. I’m not sure what they talk about or do, but they’re kids so there’s no telling.


The next family photo wasn’t as picture perfect, but it was pretty close. Shane’s second son was tall and blonde, but there were gauges in his ears. He had one arm wrapped around a woman with long dark hair, and a small toddler with blonde curls was perched on her hip and leaning back against his father. There was some kind of old car in the background, like they were at a garage.

Maze Trucco

28

Werewolf Mechanic

Deets: No one knows cars like Maze. Seriously, the guy can fix anything. He fixes all of our stuff for almost free, because he’s a fair kind of guy. He’s a giant fluffball and has the best sense of humor. He’s also the guy you can call at two in the morning to come pick you up, and he won’t get mad or anything. He’ll just make fun of you for the rest of the night. He has a serious obsession with skittles. There’s always a bag hidden in one of his pockets.


Kim Trucco

28

Werewolf Mommy

Deets: She used to be the secretary at the garage, and I guess she still is? She mostly works out of the house, because she’s pregnant! Their baby girl is due in a few months, if she lasts that long. They’re going to name her Hazel. So Kim is a bit hormonal, but I promise she’s a super sweet lady when she’s not all preggers.


Graham Trucco

3

Werewolf Baby

Deets: Isn’t he just adorable? My darling little nephew is a bit shy, with strangers and family, but he’s not fussy or anything. I’ve never even heard of him throwing a tantrum, which is really rare for our family. He is his father’s son though. If you have gummi bears, he’ll let you hold him and everything.


The next picture looked professional; it was just two girls and a white background. The girl on the left was pale and had long blonde hair, and her eyes were closed as she leaned back against the second girl. The second girl had a little more of a tan, and her long dark red hair had a little bit of a wave to it. (It wasn’t as light or as wavy as Lydia’s.) He couldn’t tell her eye color, because she was looking at the blonde girl. At Saraleigh. The blonde is the one who created this whole thing.

Saraleigh Trucco

24

Werewolf Hair Stylist

Deets: This is me! With me is my fiancée, Jaylen Summer. She’s the same age as me, and we both work at a beauty shop in town. We have our own house, so you might not see us as much. We’re getting married in December, when her brother comes back from overseas, and I’m so excited! Don’t we look perfect together? Feel free to talk to either of us anytime. (Jaylen makes some bitchin’ tea. It just soaks up all the stress. I think she’s a witch, but she swears that she’s human.)


The next girl looked like she could almost be Saraleigh’s twin. They had the same straight blonde hair, and this time he could see the girl’s blue eyes. She looked young, but still older than him, and she was smiling.

Star Trucco

21

Human College Student

Deets: My little sister…She’s in school to be a doctor, pediatrician. She’s just at the local university to get her start. She’s got one more year and then she’s moving on. She’s hyper-focused, so I promise she’s not ignoring you on purpose. She just kind of checks out sometimes. She lives at the sorority house on campus, and is taking summer classes, so you might not see her all that often.


The next picture was of another blonde girl with blue eyes, but her hair was shorter than her older sisters’ and curly. Her red lips weren’t smiling, but they were tilted up just enough like she was trying not to smile.

Missy Trucco

19

Werewolf College Student

Deets: I’ll admit it, Missy is the creative one in our house. She wants a drama degree, but she doesn’t want to act. My little sister wants to be the one calling the shots, so a director. She’s a great storyteller too (almost as good as Nan, but not quite). She still lives at the house, so I’m sure you’ll run into her. She tends to overly describe things, and people, so don’t be surprised if she starts waxing poetic about the color of your eyes or something.


After two families and then three girls, it was almost a shock to see a picture of a boy. He had the same blonde hair as the others, and he was smiling so wide that it was nearly impossible to see his blue eyes.

Liam Trucco

14

Werewolf Teenager

Deets: Here’s the baby of our family (not counting the grandkids, of course). He’s a teenage boy, what’s there to say? He’s always outside, so I’m sure you’ll trip over him at some point. He’s outgoing but laidback, so everything should be fine. Don’t ever ask him to get you something though. He tends to get distracted and will show up two hours later with a birdhouse or something.


That was the end of the alpha’s family. The next picture was of his twin brother, Sean, and the start of his family. He’ll be staying with Sean’s family, four of his children to be exact. It’s clear that they’re twins; everything about Shane and Sean Trucco is the same, except for their eyes. Shane’s eyes are blue, like all of his children, but Sean’s eyes are brown.

Sean Trucco

54

Werewolf Lawyer

Deets: Uncle Sean is the strong silent type. He’ll help you out if you’re ever in a bind, and he’s pretty amazing with advice. He can read body language like it’s nobody’s business, so he always knows what’s going on with everyone. He’s not the type to call you out on anything, but he will take you to the side to straighten things out. It’s his kids you’ll be staying with, so I’m sure you’ll see a good bit of him. That’s a good thing though! He’s an amazing father (and the best uncle).


Sean’s wife, Rita, is smiling in her picture. Her brown hair barely brushes the top of her shoulders, and her eyes are a pale green. There’s laugh lines around her mouth and eyes, but she doesn’t look very old.

Rita Trucco

56

Witch Nurse

Deets: Auntie Rita is the best! She’s a witch, a nurse, and a great mom. Seriously, I don’t know how she has time to do anything with all of her kids. I mean, she’s given birth to ten and adopted another one (Ma only had us six!). She won’t let you get away with anything, but she’s really understanding. It’s like she can look at a person and know everything about them, so don’t bother lying to her just because she’s a human. She’s also the best at fixing boo-boos.


Great. Another happy family photo. It looks like the family of three is out in a field somewhere, complete with colorful flowers and a clear blue sky. The man is tall with brown hair and a beard, and the woman is only a few inches shorter with long wavy blonde hair. Between them, holding onto their hands, is a little boy with light brown hair and big brown eyes.

Kieran Trucco

30

Werewolf Programmer

Deets: Kieran is super smart but not in an obnoxious way. The guy actually doesn’t have much common sense, but it keeps him humble. He’s a computer programmer, but he can fix pretty much anything. He’s pretty close to Chance and Maze, and the three of them get together once a week to play poker. If you ever need someone to just chill with, Kieran’s your guy. Just try not to laugh when you realize that he’s wearing Velcro shoes.


Eliza Trucco

27

Human Mommy

Deets: Ah, Eliza. She’s the mommy of that cutie up there, little Jaise. He’s only two, so she spends most of her time with him. In her spare time, she knits. Like seriously. We all get knitted Christmas presents from her, and she sells a lot of her creations online. She’s a bit spacey, but she’s a sweetheart. Jaise is pretty easy to please too, since he’s only two.


The next picture was the one he’d already seen, as were the next six, but he studied them again anyway. Forrest was the second oldest in this line of the family, but the oldest one that he’d be living with. He was a werewolf carpenter. The next, third oldest son, was a human cop. Next were the witchy werewolf twins, whatever that means. Roman is a nurse, and Reese just became a cop. Maggie is their younger sibling, and the first one in their line to have green eyes instead of brown. She’s a human, a witch, and still lives with her parents. Malvina is the same age as Maggie; she’s a werewolf that was adopted by the Trucco family.

After Kit and before the twins (Roman and Reese) was a picture of Sean’s first daughter. She was standing in front of a shop, with her arm linked through her husbands. Mya’s brown hair was darker than her husbands, and he had blue eyes while hers were brown. It looked like they were standing outside of the tattoo shop that they owned.

Mya Trucco-Masters

24

Human Tattooist

Deets: Mya is, without a doubt, my closest friend. We’re the same age, so we grew up together. She’s a bit rough around the edges sometimes, but she’s a sweetheart under it all. She owns her own tattoo shop, TRU, along with her husband. Following celeb gossip is her one guilty pleasure, so knowing any dirty details is an easy way to get her to love you forever.


Ben Masters

25

Werewolf Tattooist

Deets: Ben is that guy you go to when you need to get drunk and just bitch about whatever is on your mind. He’ll get drunk with you and say all the right things at the right time. Well, he’s been an excitable nervous wreck lately because…they’re having a baby! Mya is only about seven weeks along, but they’re both overjoyed. You might want to avoid them, because they’re looking for volunteers to fix up the baby’s room. Unless you like manual labor.


After Malvina’s picture, the adopted werewolf, was a picture of a teenage girl. Like most of her siblings, she had straight brown hair and brown eyes. She wasn’t smiling as she looked into the camera, which made sense since she was in that early teenage phase.

Luna Trucco

13

Werewolf Teenager

Deets: Luna is a teenage girl, but she’s not the average one. She’s usually seen with Liam and Kayla but, unlike Kayla, she won’t blush and run away from you. She’s a bit of a tomboy (I blame Reese and that damn skateboard), so she’ll probably challenge you to an arm wrestling contest. Don’t let her age or size fool you. The kid is insanely strong. Whatever you do, don’t call her little girl or any other cutesy nicknames. She might kick you, or bite you.


The next picture was of two little girls; Sean and Rita Trucco had two sets of twins. The two little girls were nearly identical; they had the same wavy brown hair and even the same face, but their eye color was different. One had brown eyes, like most of Sean’s children, but the other little girl had light green eyes like Rita and Maggie.

Jasmine & Sage Trucco

4

Werewolf Puppy & Witchy Werewolf

Deets: They’re identical, except for eye color. Jas has Uncle Sean’s brown eyes, like most of them. Sage has Auntie Rita’s light green eyes, like Maggie (and they’re both witches!). Jas is the more outgoing of the two and has no problem with attacking strangers. Sage is a bit more calm, but she’s a devious little thing. Thankfully they’re not as grouchy as their elder twin siblings. They weren’t an accident, but Auntie Rita wasn’t planning on having any more kids after Luna. I’m glad she did though, because these two are adorable! (They’re also the only ones that can get away with rubbing mashed potatoes and macaroni into the Alpha’s hair.)


The last picture was different from all of the rest. Instead of having everyone in a different picture, there was just one large family picture. Sally Trucco-Owens and Trent Owens were standing in the back, their first three children were standing in front of them, then their two youngest daughters were in front of them, and their youngest son was standing in front of his slightly older sisters. Sally had the same blonde hair as her brothers’, Trent’s hair was a light brown, and they both had blue eyes. The oldest son, Myles, had his mother’s blonde hair. The next two children, Blaise and Kayle, had dark brown hair. The two younger girls, another set of twins, had light brown hair. The youngest Trucco-Owens child, Bruce, had light blonde hair.

Sally Trucco-Owens

41

Werewolf Daycare

Deets: Aunt Sally owns the daycare in town, so she’s taken a turn at looking after everyone’s kids. It still didn’t stop her from having six kids though. She still loves kids, and the kids sure do love her. Most of us have volunteered at the daycare center a time or two, and I really don’t know how Aunt Sally does it. There’s a thirteen year age gap between Aunt Sally and her brothers, so she’s the baby to them (but that doesn’t stop her from kicking their ass). If you need a Mama-Hug, go to Aunt Sally. She’s got it down to an art.


Trent Owens

42

Werewolf Trucker

Deets: Uncle Trent isn’t actually a trucker, but he does own a trucking company (well, he’s not a trucker anymore). I’ve never seen him angry, except for road rage (does road rage really count though?). He’s also the best at barbecuing, so he always gets stuck manning the grill at family functions. Uncle Trent is awesome, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.


Myles Trucco-Owens

15

Werewolf Teenager

Deets: Myles is really kind of quiet and doesn’t get out much. Surprisingly, he spends most of his time tagging along behind Maggie and Malvina. They dote on him though, so I can’t really blame him. He’s a sweet kid, but he really doesn’t talk much. Don’t take his silence personally, okay? He’s a good kid, just a little socially awkward.


Blaise Trucco-Owens

12

Werewolf Kid

Deets: He’s a kid…need I say more? He’s a bit of a jokester, so don’t trust him. Kidding! He won’t try to hurt you or anything. It’s really hard to trick werewolves or sneak up on them, but Blaise keeps getting better at it. He’s like our own little ninja. He spends most of his time with little Mikey, which is a blessing. I have a feeling Mike keeps him from doing anything too stupid.


Kayle Trucco-Owens

8

Werewolf Child

Deets: Most of the older cousins (and some of my siblings) have kinda paired off, and the younger kids get grouped together. Kayle kinda gets left on her own, but it doesn’t seem to faze her. She spends a lot of time with my sister Missy, who is always up for babysitting her. She takes after Missy a bit too; she loves drama, but she likes to be the one acting it out. Her and Missy have put on little plays for us before actually. There is a possibility of her staring at you and sighing dreamily, because Kayle says everyone has something beautiful about them that can be sighed over.


Kiki & Mimi Trucco-Owens

5

Werewolf Kid & Human Kid

Deets: The twins are fraternal, but they still look a lot alike. They have the traditional Trucco Twin eyes (like Dad and Uncle Sean). Kiki is the werewolf with brown eyes, and Mimi has blue eyes and is human. Don’t let species stereotypes fool you though. Kiki cries when she accidentally kills spiders, and Mimi nearly bit Roman’s ear off last full moon. (He did steal her Snickers bar though…what did he think was going to happen?) Kiki also has a thing for holding hands when she’s nervous, so don’t panic when she randomly grabs you. She’s just trying to settle herself. If Mimi gets unsettled, she’ll just jump on you.


Bruce Trucco-Owens

2

Werewolf Baby

Deets: He’s two, so there’s not much to say. Him and Jaise are the bestest of buddies, and Graham kinda just sits back and watches them roll all over each other. He’s a very outgoing little baby, but he’s also very demanding. If he makes grabby hands at you, pick him up. If you don’t, he’ll just try to crawl up your leg. He makes a lot of noise too, so he might be calling you bad names in toddler-speak.


In total, thirty-seven people made up the Trucco family. In a year, after two of the women gave birth, the count would be up to thirty-nine. Saraleigh, the nutjob who actually put this whole thing together was apparently getting married in December. That’s forty members, and it sounds like they’re all close. Not just close in the way that most people keep in contact. She mentioned that they get together, that he’d see these people regularly. Forty people…they all live close together, as a family.

It doesn’t make any sense to him. They all sound so normal, except for the occasional mentions of werewolves and witches, but they seem like ordinary people. Why did they agree to take him in?

He’ll do his best to remember their names, maybe even some of the details, but this isn’t going to work. He gives it a week before he either disappears in the middle of the night or they kick him to the curb. Either way, he won’t be with them long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly tedious, I know, but you’ll thank me later.

In the next chapter, it’s back to rotating POVs! Just Jackson, Reese, and Allison for now though. Later on, more familiar characters will be included. (Like my all-time favorite Teen Wolf character…dun dun dun!)