The Girl With the Band

Warmness on the Soul

Matt and I sat on the swings for felt like forever. We shared my earbuds as Ozzy Osbourne's 'Tomorrow' rang in loudly. He made small talk about his favorite bands, and also informed he was in a band as well. As he quoted firmly, "Me and them three stupid guys over there, we rock!" His excitement made me giggle.

"How many songs do you have written?" I asked curiously.

His dimples showed deeply when I asked. It was adorable, "We have a song called "Thick and Thin, and Warmness on the Soul. Should come by and check us rock out one day. We're practicing tonight if you and Johnny would like to come and chill, drink a couple beers,"

"Beer!" Jimmy screamed in the background. We focused our attention back towards him as he ran in circles with the horns in the air. I couldn't help but to laugh when he stopped running and fell in the grass. "Get up!" Zacky began to dragging him on the ground, when he fell too.

I pulled my attention back to Matt as I was holding my stomach as I laughed. "You're friends are literally too much,"

"So is that a yes?"

My eyes grew wide at his statement once again, "Oh I don't drink," I said with a nervous laugh. "I'm only sixteen Matt,"

He laughed as his dimples reappeared once again, "I'm only eighteen Luna. Come on, you'll like it give it a shot,"

As I was beginning to reply Motley Crue's 'Kickstart My Heart', began to ring through. I smiled at him when Vince Neil began singing to the fast pace song. I heard another voice other then Vince's coming from my right ear. I turned to look at Matt as he was singing the song to a T. I smiled widely as he put his finger on the chin, "Kickstart My Heart, hope it never stops,". My heart began to beat at a thousand times an hour. This boy was just amazing. Too amazing to be true, I know for a fact.

As we stared into each others eyes for felt like a million years, Johnny hollered our way. I slowly turned my head to face him, "What Johnny?"

"Come on we're going to the house to pick up my bass!" He hollered back as he grabbed my arm and started to drag me away. I turned to look at Matt as his eyes never left mine. It took everything I had to move my head back to normal, and into Johnny's eyes. "Why do you need your guitar?"

"Don't fall in love with them Luna, their not people you wanna be with," Johnny stated as we reached our house.

"I-I'm not! What would make you think that?" I hollered at him. He just looked me in the eyes and I looked down. "His nice,"

"Mmhmm, dads home. Let's be little angels, ask him if we can go out sis," Johnny said looking at me, smiling wide.

As we opened the door, I walked up to my father as Johnny ran in the basement to get his guitar. I patted my dads shoulder, he turned around with a smile on his face. He began to sign while trying to talk correctly. Sissy where did Johnny go? It's almost dinner time.

Daddy, we're going over to a friends house for a few. We found some friends around here. They happen to be in a band, i sighed back as I slowly talked. He nodded, but began to point at his hearing aid, which usually meant it was accidentally turned off. I walked to him and switched it back on for him, and adjusted the volume to his liking.

Thank you, be back in an hour and a half. Have fun. He signed once again. I nodded and kissed his cheek, I began to holler at Johnny, "Come on Johnny!"

I smiled as he ran with his bass in his hand to the door with me. "We have to be back in an hour and a half he said," I told Johnny. He shook his head, "We'll get back when we do."