Status: Enjoy. Sorry it's so long.

Second Chance

Second Chance

Image

The cancer was back.

And it wasn't good news.

It was worse.

No matter how much time and effort Marley put into wishing the results were different, it wouldn't change those six little words. 'The cancer's back. I'm sorry, Marley.'

Marley Sanders had been in remission for 2 years, and then all of a sudden, things took a turn for the worse. The cancer was back and this time...it was too late.

How were her brother and friends going to react when she told them that once again, she had cancer? They were going to be devastated, especially Zacky. Her best friend, her soul mate - her one true love. Her fiancé.

Marley twisted the engagement band around her finger as the doctor went on and on about aggressive forms of treatment they could use but in her heart, she knew that there wouldn't be any point. The cancer was too far gone. She could feel it.

Marley shook my head. "No," she whispered. "I don't want to proceed with the treatments."

The doctor looked her, mulling over her response she had given them and let out a sigh. "Are you absolutely certain with your choice?" she asked.

She nodded, weakly. "How much time do I have left?"

"At this stage, you have a month. Maybe a bit longer if you keep up with the pills."

Again she nodded, weakly and stood up from the chair, grasping the door handle but not before she heard the doctor apologise and wishing that the test results came back differently. It didn't change anything but Marley thanked her and made her way out of the hospital, thinking about how she was going to break the news.

Maybe she’d just call everyone over and get it over and done with. As much as she didn't want to say anything, she knew that they deserved the right. They had been there for her through it all when she first had cancer but now everything was going to change. She didn't have long left to live but Marley wanted to use these last moments she had with her family to live life to the fullest. She wanted to spend as much time with her fiancé and their best friends. Laugh like there was no tomorrow and celebrate my life.

But first, she had to tell Zacky.

Climbing into her car, it finally hit her. She was going to die and there was nothing they could do. The treatments wouldn't help. She had nothing. She was going to leave Zacky and it was inevitable.

He had already lost Jimmy and now he was going to lose her.

The tears fell from her face. She couldn't stop them. Nothing could stop them. She was going to die.

Finally, Marley composed herself, wiped the tears away and started her car, pulling out of the hospital car park and heading in the direction of the house she shared with the love of her life.

---

Pulling into the driveway of the house she shared with Zacky, Marley climbed out and walked inside, running right into Majesty and Ichabod. “Hello, my babies! Yes, I missed you too. Where’s daddy?” she asked, kneeling down to pick Ichabod up.

Walking further into the house, she heard the faint sounds of a guitar being played. Her lips curled into a smile as she descended downstairs to Zacky’s private home studio. Zacky spun around when he heard a bark leave Ichabod’s throat. “Hi baby,” he whispered, pulling the guitar down on its stand. He stood up and walked over, taking Icky from her arms, and set him down on the couch, before taking Marley into his arms and planting a sweet kiss against her lips.

“Whoa,” she said with a smile, once they had separated. “What did I do to deserve that?”

Zacky chuckled and pulled her against his chest, shrugging his shoulders. “No reason. I love you, you know that right?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I know.”

“So tell me why you’re upset.”

Marley looked at him and frowned. “I’m not upset,” She lied.

Zacky raised his eyebrows and held her at arm’s length. “Marley, you forget baby, I’ve known you since we were kids. I know when something’s wrong. What is it?”

Shit! She was caught. She knew that she couldn’t avoid this topic so she might as well get it out of the way now. “Z-Zee,” Marley spoke, feeling her eyes water. She closed her eyes and the tears started. Looking up at him, her jaw quivering as she tried to hold the tears in. “Zee, the cancer is back,” She choked out.

Zacky’s face fell and he pulled away from me. “N-no, that can’t be,” he whispered.

“Zack….bab-,” she started, her heartbreaking at the sight in front of her.

“NO!” He roared, slamming his fists on the table. “The results have to be wrong.”

Tears fell down Marley’s face as she watched Zacky crumble to the floor, tears leaking from his face. “N-no,” he whispered.

She fell down to her knees and cradled him in her lap. “It’s okay Zacky. We’ll be okay.”

Zacky shook his head. “We were never supposed to go through this again,” he cried, hugging her tightly against him.

Marley held Zacky against her body, as he cried, knowing that he wished he had never heard those 3 little words fall from her lips. It hurt to hear him like this and feel the pain radiating from his body. She pulled him as close to her body as she could and did the one thing she knew would help him…She held him.

---

Zacky had composed himself enough to be able to get through the phone calls to his bandmates. The three of them knew something was wrong – just from Zacky’s voice – but they knew not to press until he was ready to talk.

Soon enough the rest of Avenged Sevenfold and their wives were sitting in the lounge room of Zacky and Marley’s house, waiting to hear the news. Johnny was the first one to say something. “What’s going on?” he asked. “What’s wrong with Zacky?”

Marley sat on the sofa opposite Zacky’s bandmates and their wives and sighed. Zacky was curled up next to her, refusing to say a word. “I got some news today,” she spoke, gripping onto Zacky’s hand. “I was at the doctors’ for my regular check-up and had some blood tests done. The cancer’s back.”

No one spoke, not until Zacky’s body began to shake and violent tears fell down his face. Marley sat him up and pulled him against her body. “Babe, it’s gonna be okay.”

Zacky pushed her away and stood up. “No, it’s not!” He screamed. “I just lost Jimmy and now I’m gonna lose you! It’s not fair! What have I done for everyone to leave me?!”

Before anyone could speak, Zacky turned on his heel and stormed upstairs to the bedroom they shared. Marley dropped her head in her hands and let out a shaky sigh. “What are the treatments the doctors are going to do?” Johnny asked.

Marley looked up and stared at him, before slowly shaking her head. “There is none,” she replied.

“What do you mean?” Val cried, tears streaming down her face.

“I mean, there’s gonna be no treatments. I don’t have long. The cancer has spread too far this time. I have at least a month left, maybe longer if I keep up the drugs.”

Val flew across the room and tackled her, hugging her tightly as sobs racked her body. Marley hugged her just as hard and before long, Michelle and Lacey joined in.

“Does Zacky know how long you have left?” Brian asked, refusing to meet her eyes.

She nodded and pulled away from Val. Matt hadn’t said a single word since he walked through the door. He watched his little sister, tears threating to fall from his face before he stood up and pulled her in his arms. “I can’t lose you,” he cried, finally letting the tears fall.

Tears streamed down her own face as she hugged him tightly. “I know Mattie. I’m sorry,” she whispered.

Matt and Marley had lost their father in a plane crash when they were just kids. Their mother passed away due to the same form of cancer - which Marley was battling - a few years ago and then they lost Jimmy and now Matt was going to lose her.

Marley gasped when she heard a loud banging sound and glass breaking from upstairs. “Zacky,” She whispered, pulling away from Matt and racing upstairs. She opened the bedroom door to find Zacky crumbled in a heap on the floor, their bedroom looking like a crime scene. She noticed he was holding a photo frame, in it was a picture of her, Zacky and Jimmy. In the picture Marley was stuck in the middle of the two men, her face scrunched up, as Zacky and Jimmy placed two sloppy kisses on her cheeks. It was the last picture they had taken together before Jimmy passed away. “Zacky,” Marley whimpered dropping to her knees beside him.

He dropped the photo and wrapped her in his colorful arms. “I can’t lose you too,” he whispered.

---

Brian sat out near the pool, along with his wife, Matt, and Val. Matt wasn’t talking, still trying to process what his younger sister had said a few days earlier. “I have an idea,” Michelle said, clicking her fingers together.

Val looked at her, running her fingers along Matt’s back, doing her best to comfort him. “What?” she asked softly.

“Zacky and Marley were due to get married in a few months right? So why don’t we move up the wedding to this weekend? Everything’s pretty much already done; we just need to let the family, the caterer, events planner and transportation know. It’s the least we could do, you know, take their minds off everything.”

Matt looked up and watched her with sad eyes. Brian could tell it was making Michelle a little uncomfortable. Before he could say anything, Matt spoke up. “I think that’s a good idea. It’s the least we could do.”

Michelle nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. “Okay, so Val and I will look after Marley’s wedding dress, the bridesmaid dresses, hair and make, while you guys take care of the suits, transportation, and stuff. We can get Dan, the Berry twins and Christ to set up and Lacey can look after the food side of things.”

Brian nodded. “That’s all fine and dandy but what are we gonna do about Marley and Zacky? Do we tell them or keep it a surprise?”

Val shook her head. “We’ll keep it a secret for now but let’s send them away for the week. Maybe send them up to Big Bear? It’s secluded and it’ll just be the two of them. That way they can have that time just together.”

“We’ll send them up there tomorrow but for now, let’s just give them together. I think Marley said something about wanting to go to dinner with him tonight.”

They all nodded before deciding to grill up some dinner and talk amongst themselves about ideas for the wedding.

---

On the other side of town, Marley was seated with the love of life opposite her. She knew that Zacky didn’t want to be here but he was putting on a brave face for her. Marley had decided to drag Zacky out of the house and out to dinner after he had moped in bed for the last few days, refusing to let Marley go in case he woke up and find that she wasn’t there anymore. He didn’t want to lose her. He refused to believe it.

Marley interlaced their fingers together, pulling him from his thoughts. “Are you ready to go home, love?” She asked, sending him a smile.

Zacky nodded, ready to leave this place and go home and just wrap her in his arms and never leave his safe haven. Leaving the restaurant, Zacky opened the door to his car and helped his fiancée inside. “You know, I never did tell you how handsome you looked tonight,” Marley spoke with a small smile as Zacky climbed into the drivers’ side seat.

A small smile tugged at Zacky’s lips as he pulled out into traffic and began the journey home. He was wearing simple black jeans, with a tight white button-down shirt and his signature crimson red bow tie. Marley always thought that Zacky was the most handsome man on Earth but tonight she especially thought. “I love you,” she whispered.

Zacky stopped at the red light and leaned over to press a quick but sweet kiss to her lips. “I love you too,” he replied before turning his attention back to the road.

Soon enough, they arrived home and made their way upstairs to the bedroom. Marley kicked her heels off before wrapping her arms around Zacky’s neck. She leaned up on her tippy toes and kissed him sweetly, cradling his jaw with one hand while the other was tangled in his hair. Without heels, she was considerately shorter than Zacky, even an inch or two shorter than Johnny but she loved it because she liked it when she had to reach up to kiss Zacky, it reminded her of those little cute Tumblr photos you see of couples. “Zacky, make love to me. Please?” she asked as they pulled away.

Zacky attached his lips to hers once more before slowly moving one hand to the back of her dress and pulling the zipper down. The straps fell, exposing her full breasts, letting Zacky lay her down on the bed and attaching his mouth to her nipples, making sure to pay close attention to both. Marley ran her fingers through his hair -knowing that that was his weakness- wanting him to feel as much pleasure as she was. He kissed his way back up her chest to her lips. “I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too Zacky.”

Zacky pressed one more kiss to her lips before guiding himself inside her wet opening. They held each as they rocked in sync, afraid to let go in case they’d lose each other. Marley and Zacky looked into each other’s eyes as they slowly began to reach their peaks; the love they shared radiated from their bodies evidently. Marley caressed Zacky’s face, whispering sweet nothings into his ear as she found her release; Zacky following behind. For the rest of the night, both lovers savoured each other over and over again.

---

The next morning Zacky and Marley were both rudely awakened by someone banging on their front door. Marley grumbled under her breath as she pushed the covers off her naked body and climbed out of the bed, slipping on Zacky’s discarded white shirt and walking downstairs. She reefed open the front door to find her brother and sister-in-law standing there with smiles on their faces. “You better have a goddamn good reason for waking me and Zacky up this early Matthew!” She sneered, standing away from the doorway to let the two in.

Val smiled and hugged her tightly. “I’m sorry sweetie but Matt and I want to do something for you and Zacky. Take your mind of everything.”

Marley folded her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow. “What is this something?”

Matt held up a pair of keys, giving them a jingle. “We want to send you up to Big Bear for the week. You and Zacky need to get away from town for a little while.”

“O…kay and what about the album Matt… Zacky can’t exactly leave in the middle of it, especially when Warner Bros’ keep nagging you guys to finish it up so it can be mixed and released.”

Matt waved her off and shook his head. “Zacky’s fine. He’s recorded all his parts. Besides, if we need anything from him, we can get it from him when you get back.”

Before Marley could response, colourful arms wrapped around her lower waist and wet lips were pressed against her cheek. “Hey guys,” Zacky croaked.

He looked pale and his eyes were red and bloodshot with black rings under them. A lot had happened in the last 24 hours so everyone knew not to question why he looked like crap.

“What’s going on?” He asked, leaning his chin on his fiancée’s shoulder.

“Matt and Val want to send us away to Big Bear for the week.”

Zacky watched them both and shrugged his shoulders. “Sure. It wouldn’t be such a bad idea to get out of town for a while. Let’s do it.”

Marley grinned and pressed a kiss to his prickly jaw before pulling herself out of Zacky’s grip and taking the keys from Matt’s hand. “Well, it looks like we have to pack. We have a 4-hour drive ahead of us.”

Matt and Val nodded and hugged the lovers tightly before saying their goodbyes and wishing them a safe trip and left the house. Marley waved and shut the door before turning and wrapping her arms around Zacky’s neck. “Are you sure babe?” She asked, looking up into his gorgeous green eyes.

He nodded and swallowed. “Yeah, it’d be nice just for the two of us to spend time together. Who knows how much time we have left,” he replied, trailing off.

Marley looked at him and pressed her lips against his. “Zee, it’ll be okay. Let’s not think about that for the time being. C’mon, let’s go have a shower.”

---

While Zacky and Marley were on their way up to Matt’s cabin in Big Bear, Matt and the rest of the gang were in the middle of getting the impromptu wedding together. The twins and Brian had already gotten the wedding party’s dresses and suits out of the way while Matt had gotten the transportation sorted. “We have to speak to Evan’s Wedding Hire to let them know that we need the stuff for Saturday. Can you get that organised Mattie?” Val asked passing him a beer.

He nodded and leaned against the sofa, letting out a loud sigh. Val noticed and crawled in his lap. “You want to talk about it honey?” she asked, toying with the hairs on the nape of his neck. Matt averted his gaze from the ceiling to Val’s brown orbs, pressing a quick but sweet kiss to her full lips. “I’m gonna lose her Val. I’ve already lost too much. I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I-I can’t save her.”

Val hugged him to her body and held him. She felt tears wet her neck and knew that Matt was glad it was just her and him in the room. Matt didn’t like to cry in front of anyone, let alone Val. It was rare that he broke down in front of her, this being the fifth time in her whole relationship with him to witness the tears.

“Don’t ever leave me, Val,” he whispered.

After that comment, Val cried along with him and promised that she’d always be there for him. No matter what happens.

---

It was the night before Zacky and Marley were due to head back to reality. For the last week, it was just the two of them. No phones, no internet, no sadness, no nothing, just the two of them wrapped up in their own little bubble but alas, that was not the case any longer. As much as they wanted to stay up in the cabin, they were glad to go home and see their friends.

Marley was curled up in Zacky’s arms, on the sofa, as he watched some movie on the TV. This is where she was the happiest – in Zacky’s arms. She felt safe and loved - everything a girl should feel. She let out a soft moan as she felt Zacky’s calloused fingers rub against her hip. “I love it when you do that,” she muttered, letting out a yawn and smiling up at him. Zacky smiled and leaned down to press a kiss to her lips. “I love you,” he replied.

Soon after, both persons left the sofa and made their way up to the bedroom they were staying in and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

The next morning Marley woke up to find the bed empty, panicking for a slight moment before hearing noises coming from the kitchen. She smiled and climbed out of bed, making her way downstairs to the kitchen where Zacky was cooking breakfast.

“Good morning beautiful,” he said with a smile, pressing a sweet kiss to her lips.

“Good morning, it smells amazing in here,” she replied, taking a seat at the breakfast bar.

“I hope so. I’m cooking your favorite. Eggs, bacon and chocolate chip pancakes.”

A big smile broke out on Marley’s face as she leaned up and pressed another sweet kiss to Zacky’s lips. “You are the most perfect man in the world, you know? I love you Zachary James Baker.”

Zacky smiled and rubbed a thumb over her cheek. “I love you too baby.”

---

6 hours later, Zacky and Marley were almost home, not realizing that their friends and family were waiting for them outside of their house with a surprise. Zacky pulled up at the front gate and punched in the gate code. As they waited for the gate to open, Zacky interlaced his fingers with Marley’s and gave them a small squeeze. “What the hell?” Marley spoke, breaking the silence as Zacky pulled up in front of the garage, noticing that the rest of Avenged Sevenfold, their wives, and all their friends were standing on the front doorstep of their home.

Marley climbed out of the car and smiled as the rest of the A7x wives came over and hugged her tightly, welcoming them home. “What’s going on?” She asked as Zacky wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“We have something to tell you guys,” Michelle said bouncing on the balls on the heels of her feet.

“Go on…” Zacky spoke.

“We know that you guys wanted to get married in a few months but with everything going on, we knew that the wedding would be put on the back burner, so I came up with the idea to bring the wedding forward so we planned everything and the wedding is tomorrow. We just need you guys to turn up for it.”

“Wait, are you serious?” Zacky asked, looking gobsmacked.

Everyone nodded. “Yes we are, but tonight you’re both going to be separated. Zacky, you’re going with the boys to have your bachelor party and Marley, you’re coming with us,” Val said with a grin.

Zacky tightened his grip on Marley’s shoulders, not wanting to let her go, afraid that she’d disappear if he was away from her for too long. Marley turned and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Baby, you’re not gonna lose me. I love you. Go out tonight and have fun with the boys. Just don’t go too stupid. I need you to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow. After all, I am gonna become Marley Baker.”

Zacky’s lips twitched and he couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on his face. He loved hearing those two little words come out of her mouth. He had been dreaming of this moment for a long, long time and now it was finally about to come true. He nodded and leaned down, pressing his lips against hers in a passionate kiss. “I love you,” he muttered, releasing his grip on her waist.

Marley grinned and stepped out of his embrace and looked at her friends. “You guys are absolutely amazing. I don’t know what Zacky and I would do without you.”

Lacey grinned and clapped her hands together. “Okay, let’s go. Marley go get your stuff, honey. Daylight’s wasting and we have a day of pampering to get through.”

Marley laughed and pressed another quick kiss to Zacky’s lips before grabbing her handbag from the car. “I love you, Zee!” She squealed, as she was shuffled into Val’s SUV.

Zacky smiled and waved at the girls, telling them to look after his baby before grabbing the bags out of the car and stepping inside, dropping them at the foot of the stairs and collapsing on one of the sofas. “So how was your week?” Brian asked, taking a seat beside him.

“It was amazing. We both definitely needed it. Thanks, guys.”

They all smiled before dropping into a conversation about the new album and new tour. After many rounds of Call of Duty Black Ops III, the guys dragged Zacky out of the house for a few drinks at Johnny’s Bar.

---

“Here’s to the future Mrs. Baker!” Michelle exclaimed, holding her glass of wine in the air.

The rest of the girls cheered and clinked glasses before taking a sip. Marley hadn’t been feeling too well since that morning after breakfast, so she decided to stick to water. She thought that she’d feel better afterwards but she was actually feeling worse. All she wanted to do was curl up in bed with Zacky and fall asleep.

It wasn’t like this the first time she has cancer which was weird but she just put it off to the cancer being worse this time around. Marley felt her stomach-churning. The more she sat there, the queasier she felt.

“So Marley, what do you want to do?” Lacey asked with a large smile.

Marley cleared her throat, gripping the arms of the chair and sitting up straighter. “Uh…I-I don’t know.”

“Are you okay honey?” Val asked, frowning. She put her glass on the table and watched Marley closely. “You don’t look so hot.”

Marley let out a nervous chuckle. “Yeah, I’m not feeling too hot either.”

Suddenly Marley leaped from her chair and raced inside to the closest bathroom, making it with just enough time to collapse to the ground and violently empty the contents of her stomach into the toilet. The other three girls raced into the bathroom behind her, Val dropping to her knees to brush Marley’s hair out of her face.

“Marley, are you okay?” Michelle asked once Marley had finished puking.

Marley leaned against the bathtub, wiping her mouth with some toilet paper and nodded. “A little better but I still feel queasy.”

“Do you feel up to continuing tonight?” Val asked, rubbing her back.

Marley nodded. “Yeah, but how about we just have a quiet night. I’m honestly just happy having a movie night and pizza with you girls. We could just stay in the theatre room and watch all of our Nicholas Sparks movies.”

The girls nodded and smiled, helping Marley up from the floor. “That sounds perfect. I’ll order the pizzas. What do we want?” Lacey asked, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

“Pepperoni!” The twins yelled.

Lacey grinned. “What about you Marley?”

“Uh, I’ll just take a cheese pizza, please? Oh and with anchovies and pickles!”

The three girls stared at her in shock horror. “Are you okay?” Michelle asked, screwing her nose up at the thought of anchovies and pickles on a pizza.

Marley grinned and nodded. “Yeah, I just have a sudden craving for anchovies and pickles. Not sure why.”

Soon the pizzas arrived and the girls curled up in the theatre room and watched Nicholas Sparks movies until they couldn’t keep their eyes open any longer.

---

Marley was the second one to wake up the next morning, not because she wanted to but because she was throwing up once more. Today was her wedding day and she just hoped that she would be feeling better soon. Standing up from the floor, Marley flushed the toilet and brushed her teeth before making her way upstairs to the kitchen where she found Val making coffee.

“Good morning Future Mrs. Baker,” she said with a large smile.

“Morning,” Marley replied with a croaky voice.

Val frowned and watched her. “Are you okay?”

Marley nodded. “Yeah, I just threw up again.”

“Are you feeling any better?”

“A little but still pretty queasy,” she replied, rubbing the back of her neck.

“It’s probably just wedding jitters on top of the…y’know.”

Marley nodded, not wanting to proceed with that conversation. Today was supposed to be a happy day, so she didn’t want to dwell on the negatives. Instead, Marley held her head up high and smiled. “What do we have to leave to get hair and makeup done?”

“Melinda is coming here actually. A water pipe busted last night so we can’t exactly go there. She was going to cancel but I told her to just come here.”

Marley nodded and sat at the breakfast bar, grabbing a banana from the fruit basket. “Do you want some coffee?” Val asked, motioning toward the coffee pot.

Marley shook her head. Just the thought of coffee made her feel queasy. “No, thank you. I’ll probably just have some orange juice.”

Val opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle of orange juice from the fridge. Michelle and Lacey stumbled into the kitchen and both grabbed cups of coffee, frowning at the bright light shining through the windows of the kitchen. “Ugh, why’s it so goddamn bright?” Lacey complained, taking a seat next to Marley.

Michelle muttered something under her breath and laid her head on the counter. “Shut up Lacey, your voice is too loud.”

Val let out a giggle and rubbed her older sister’s back. “Well, dear sister, maybe you shouldn’t have drunk as much as you did last night.”

Michelle lifted her head and glared at her sister. “Shut up.”

Marley smiled as she watched the two sisters bicker at each other.

---

Marley was anxious, to say the least. She was about to arrive at the place on the beach where she and Zacky had their first date. She couldn’t wait to wait down that aisle and say her vows and kiss him so deeply. She couldn’t wait to become Mrs. Baker. This was the moment she had been waiting for, for her whole life.

“Are you ready?” Michelle asked as they pulled into the car park.

Marley looked up and smiled at all three of her best friends/bridesmaids/maid of honor and nodded. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

The girls smiled and climbed out of the escalade. Zacky’s father Greg was there waiting for them, holding his hand out for each of them to take as they climbed out. With it being a beach wedding, everyone was barefoot. That’s what Zacky and Marley wanted. “How are you feeling?” Greg asked.

Marley looked up at her future father-in-law and grinned. “I’m feeling excited. I can’t wait to marry him.”

Greg smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “He can’t wait to see you either honey. He’s been anxious to see you all day.”

“I’ve been the same.”

“Are you ready?” Lacey asked, passing Marley her wedding bouquet.

Marley nodded and wrapped her arm around Greg’s bicep. “Yes, I am.”

“Well then…let’s get you married!”

Marley let out a small giggle and followed Michelle, Val, and Lacey through the sand to where the ceremony was being held. On cue ‘Marry Me’ by Train began to play. Marley could swear she felt her breath leave her body when she laid eyes on her husband-to-be. He was dressed in a light grey suit, with a white button-down shirt and a turquoise blue tie and pocket square. He looked so handsome. The groomsmen were dressed similar and all were barefoot with the hem of their dress pants folded at the bottom.

Marley reached the end of the aisle, smiling when her eyes connected with Zacky’s. ‘I love you’ he mouthed.

She grinned, a tear escaping her eye as Greg took her hand and looked at the minister. “Who gives this woman away today?” The minister asked.

Greg smiled and nodded. “I do,” he replied, placing Marley’s hand in Zacky’s. He sent us both a smile before taking a seat next to his wife Marie. Marley looked Zacky in the eyes and grinned as he wiped the tears from her face.

“We are gathered here today to witness Zachary James Baker and Marley Jane Sanders join in holy matrimony. These two have been through thick and thin. With Marley battling cancer, Zacky was right by her side, helping her fight the battle. I spoke with Zacky before the wedding and he told me that Marley was the woman of his dreams. His soulmate and the woman he plans to spend the rest of his life with. He told me that everyone he loved was here today to help celebrate this special day except for one, his best friend Jimmy, who passed away a year ago. He is here with us today in spirit but we have also reserved a seat for him today in the front row next to Zacky’s parents, along with two others for Marley’s parents who also join Jimmy in heaven.”

Zacky’s bottom lip quivered, trying his best to hold himself together and not cry in front of everyone. He wished so bad for Jimmy to be standing up here with him, to have him help celebrate him marrying the woman of his dreams but even though Jimmy was here physically, he knew that he was here spiritly. Zacky looked up toward the sky, closing his eyes, mentally telling him that he loved and missed him. Marley reached up and caressed his cheek, letting him know that everything was okay and that she loved him.

“Zacky, do you have your vows with you?” The minister asked.

Zacky nodded and took Marley’s hands, looking at her with a large smile after taking Marley’s wedding band from Brian’s outstretched hand. “Marley, I take you to be my best friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and inspire you to love you truly through good times and bad. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down and to love you unconditionally through all our adventures in life together for as long as we shall life. I also promise to grab your butt, even when you’re old and wrinkly.”

The crowd let out a loud laugh, Marley joining in, shaking her head in the process. Zacky smiled as Marley read her own vows. “Zacky, I prayed continuously for my husband and that fact that you are standing in front of me today completely exceeds my expectations that I had. I have never felt so loved, so cared for, and so cherished by someone. You encourage me to be the woman that I should be and you accept me for who I am. Your outlook on life inspires me, your drive to see the truth and love compels me. I am so proud today to call you mine, and to become your wife,” she spoke, tears falling down her face as she smiled up at him. “I have so much respect for you. I will follow and support you wherever you go. I want to be your partner, your lover, and your best friend. Everything that I have is yours, I give myself freely to you, I commit myself to you and I promise to be faithful to you. I love you Zachary James Baker, with all of my heart and like this ring says ‘I belong with you…’.”

Marley slipped the band on his left ring fingers and smiled brightly. “By the power vested in me and the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Zacky, you may now kiss your bride.”

Zacky grinned, taking his new wife into his arms, dipping her and pressing a passionate kiss against her lips.

---

Marley didn’t think tonight could get more perfect but she was wrong. Zacky had pulled her out onto the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. He had written a song just for her and planned to have Matt and Brian play it for them while they dance.

Zacky wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close against his body as the guitar started and Matt sang.

‘When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night skies
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space, to do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting, to see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not and who I am

I won't give up on us; even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, still looking up.
I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)
I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up’

Marley pressed a kiss against Zacky’s lips as the music finished and smiled. “Thank you, baby, it was beautiful,” she whispered.

He grinned and pressed another kiss to her lips. He loved this girl so much it hurt.

---

2 weeks had passed since the wedding and the newlyweds were finally home from their honeymoon. Matt and the gang has surprised the couple when tickets to the Maldives as a wedding gift. Zacky and Marley were blown away and tried to deny it but the group wouldn’t take no for an answer, insisting that the two needed it.

Marley still hadn’t gotten better; she was still throwing up and feeling nauseated but now she was getting worse. Her breasts were extremely sore to touch and seemed to be bigger than normal; she was always fatigued and everything she ate, she couldn’t keep down. Marley couldn’t even eat her favorite dishes anymore; the smells turned her off and always made her want to puke. Her mood swings were a whole different story too. It seemed that everything Zacky said set her off and she’d start crying or lash out.

Zacky was worried but she had been through this before when she went through her last lot of cancer. Today was just let any day, Marley was laid up in the bedroom, not wanting to move because she was tired and just wanted to sleep but that wasn’t happening. Her phone rang and she let out a groan. “Go away,” she cried, rolling over and grabbing her phone. Noticing that the caller I.D was her doctor, she frowned but answered it anyway. “Hello?”

“Good morning Marley, its Dr. Quinn. How are you today?”

“I’m okay. I’m just really tired and extremely sore. What can I do for you doc?”

“Uh…I need you to come to my office as soon as you can Marley. We have an issue.”

“Um, okay,” she replied. “I can be there in half an hour?”

“That’s perfect. Oh and make sure you bring Zachary. He’ll want to hear this.”

“Okay then, we’ll see you soon Dr Quinn.”

“Alright then, see you soon. Goodbye Marley.”

Marley hung up the phone and climbed out of bed. Walking over to the closet, she stripped herself of Zacky’s shirt and her panties, slipping on a new set of panties and grabbed a dress. She couldn’t be fucked wearing a bra today. Her nipples were too sore for that shit. “Baby?” Zacky called out.

“In here,” she yelled out.

Zacky poked his head in the closet and smiled as she got dressed. “What’s going on beautiful?”

“My doctor just called. She wants up to come in as soon as possible.”

“Do you know what’s wrong?”

Marley shook her head and slipped on some heels. “Nope, but I guess we’ll find out when we get there. I just hope nothing’s wrong.”

Zacky never liked going to the doctor’s office but he was here for his wife. He couldn’t deny that he was silently freaking out. His wife’s cancer was back so he wasn’t sure if anything could get worse than that. “Marley, come on through.”

Marley stood up and grabbed Zacky’s hand, pulling him from his chair and into the doctor’s office. She squeezed his hand, knowing full well just how freaked out he was. “The reason I called you in here, was because there was a mix up with your test results.”

“What does that mean exactly?” Zacky asked feeling confused as all hell.

“It means Zacky, that your wife is cancer-free still. The lab sent the wrong test results. You’re still in remission Marley.”

“Are you absolutely sure?!” Marley asked, shocked.

The doctor nodded. “Yes, but I have even more good news. We got your real test results back and I’d like to be the first to tell you congratulations. You’re pregnant.”

‘Marley was pregnant?!’ Zacky thought. ‘How could that be?’

“H-how can that be?” He asked. “We were told that Marley would never be able to have kids after the first lot of cancer.”

The doctor nodded. “We thought that was the case too but miracles do happen Zacky. Now, Marley, let’s get you up on the bed so we can do an ultrasound and see how the baby is going.”

Marley nodded, still in complete shock that she was pregnant. She climbed up onto the bed and held Zacky’s hand, as the doctor lifted her dress and placed a sheet across her lower half. “The gel is going to be cold so I’m sorry.”

She nodded and waited for the doctor to place the gel on her stomach. Dr. Quinn grabbed the wand and placed it on Marley’s stomach. “Alright, let’s find this baby.”

The room was dead quiet as Dr. Quinn moved the wand over Marley’s belly. Suddenly the sound of a heartbeat filled the room. Marley let out a gasp and began to cry. She looked at Zacky, who had the biggest grin on his face. “Zacky, that’s our baby!”

“Oh, don’t be so sure of that,” Dr. Quinn said with a smile.

Marley frowned and looked at her. “You’re not just having one Marley. You’re expecting twins.”

“W-wait, what?!” Zacky asked, looking at her in shock.

“You’re having twins. Would you like to know what you’re having?”

Zacky looked at Marley. “I do if you do,” she whispered with a smile.

Zacky nodded. “Yes please!”

Dr. Quinn smiled and looked at the screen, moving the want a bit more. “Well, it looks like you’re having a boy and a girl.”

“Can we get some photos?” Marley asked.

The doctor nodded, passing Marley a cloth so she could clean up. “Of course, give me a moment and I’ll be back with them for you.”

Marley and Zacky nodded as the doctor left the room. Marley sat up and wiped the gel off her stomach, pulling her dress down. Without saying anything, Zacky stood up and cupped Marley’s face in his hands, pressing a deep passionate kiss to her lips. “I love you.”

Marley grinned and pecked his lips. “I love you too…daddy.”

Zacky smiled and kissed her once again. He was the happiest man alive right now. He married the love of his life and now they were expecting not one but two little miracles.

Life couldn’t get much better than this…
♠ ♠ ♠
So originally I was actually going to have Marley pass away but I was torn because I didn't want to make Zacky sad so I was trying to figure out what I could do to make it seem like she had cancer but didn't and so I looked up the symptoms of cancer and pregnancy and noticed that there were some similarities between them.

This took me 3 weeks to complete and it's 19 pages long and 7,000+ words long. I didn't know when or where to finish it but I felt like the ending was perfect. I'm sorry if it was too long for you but I enjoyed writing it. I even needed tissues at a few points :(

If you want to see the stuff of what I envisioned the wedding and reception to be like, you can check out the pinboard I created for it here.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it.
~HarleyQuinzel1001