Status: comment and subscribe!

Full Time Job

"I Love You.."

Carol, Lori, Beth and I were scrubbing all of the dirty laundry clean from the past few weeks. The weather was slightly warmer today; I had the sleeves rolled up on one of Daryl’s red flannel shirts that I wore over a fitted gray t-shirt and blue jeans. I noticed that my clothes all felt looser since the winter started as we ate half as often because we were always on the move. Vinny was playing with Carl in the large clearing in front of the cabin. I squinted off in the distance and saw Daryl and T-Dogg chopping firewood.

Glenn, Hershel, Maggie and Rick all made a run to the farm and hardware store that we had passed on the way in yesterday, as they were working to get the generator up and running so we could have indoor plumbing. Everyone seemed hopeful. Early that day, we had found a few cots from Daryl’s grandfather’s shed, and we had set one up in our room as Vinny’s “big boy bed.” I knew Daryl would never say that he was sick of being kicked and laid on top of by Vinny in the middle of the night, but he seemed very excited at the idea. I smiled to myself.

I had started hanging the washed laundry on a line that we had rigged up on the side of the house when Lori, Beth and Carol decided to head into the kitchen to start cleaning and check for any other useful supplies. Rick and his group had driven slowly back up the long driveway and I watched them park in the shed on the far side of the property. Daryl and T-Dogg began moving armfuls of chopped wood up to the house. When I was finished hanging the clothes, I called Vinny and Carl in and joined the ladies inside. I sensed that they were up to something as they were giving me quick glances and were abruptly quiet after I had walked in. The kitchen looked much brighter as Carol was scrubbing the grime and dust from the cabinetry.

I was putting our canned goods in a cabinet that Carol had just cleaned when we all heard the low sound of a mechanical hum. Abruptly, the lights in the kitchen flickered on and I looked towards Carol excitedly. We listened as the back door to the cabin swung open and Daryl, Rick and Hershel marched inside, straight to the kitchen. It was getting a little crowded in the small room. Daryl walked purposely towards the newly scrubbed kitchen sink and turned the faucet on. We heard the lurching of a motorized pump creaking underneath our feet and the floor boards, and a few moments later, water began to slowly trickle out of the faucet. It quickly became a steady stream.

Daryl hooted out in excitement which had radiated throughout the room. He turned off the faucet as Hershel approached the group.

“I don’t know much about hot water heaters, but I’d give it a couple hours before anyone tried to take a hot shower,” Hershel suggested. I looked over at Lori who looked like she might start crying with joy. Carol quietly approached Rick and I watched suspiciously as she began whispering close in his ear.

“Glenn and I will go on a run for some fuel for the generator. Your grandad already had a barrel full in the garage, Daryl... my dad said that should last us about twelve hours, if everyone takes a shower. But, after that, a full barrel could last up to thirty six.” Maggie stated. Hershel nodded.

“If we each shower quickly every three days or so and go easy on the electric, we could make three barrels last a whole week. Daryl, how many empty barrels were in the shed?” Hershel asked.

“Four, including the other half full one that’s already in there…” Daryl answered.

“I’ve never been so happy to see an electric stove,” Carol said, her eyes stared lovingly towards the old stove in the kitchen, and we all smirked. There was a very small antique refrigerator in the room that we all agreed that we wouldn’t use, as it would be a constant drain on the electricity.

“Well, we have a lot of fuel to siphon,” Glenn said, and he and Maggie started for the front door.

“I’ll come along,” Daryl offered, and Rick quickly cut in. “Daryl, I was hoping you could show T-Dogg and I the river that you said runs through the property… The ladies want fish for dinner.” I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion. I didn’t even know there was a river on the property. I shrugged and Daryl nodded to Rick, as Glenn and Maggie exited the cabin.

Daryl walked up and bent over to kiss me lightly on the cheek before exiting the kitchen and cabin with Rick and T-Dogg. I smiled after him and went back to putting the canned food into the pantry. Vinny and Carl were coloring at the dining table in the center of the kitchen. Hershel muttered that he was going to go take a look at the hot water heater, and also left the room.

“Lori, I think you should be first to take a shower,” I sang out happily at her and she smiled at me.

“First, after you…Gia. I insist!” she answered, ignoring my protests. After we had finished cleaning up the kitchen, I had put Vinny down for a nap on his big boy cot that was set up between the wall and my side of the double bed. He laid in it comfortably and quickly dozed off to sleep. While he slept, I scrubbed down the small bathroom that connected to our room. The white tile began to shine again and it started to smell less musty.

I was sorting through and separating summer and fall clothes as Carol and Lori quietly crept inside of our room, and Lori was carrying a black polka-dotted cotton fabric that was draped over her arm. I smiled welcomingly at both of them and patted the bed next to me, inviting both to sit down. Vinny was sleeping soundly.

“Hey girls,” I said, tossing a pair of Daryl’s old khaki cargo shorts into the summer pile.

“Hey, G,” Carol started. The hesitation in her voice made me look up and study her face. What was she up to? She’s been acting strangely all day.

“The group wanted to cook dinner for you and Daryl tonight… and I thought we could take Vinny and you guys could have an evening alone.” Lori said quickly, rubbing her pregnant stomach. They both looked towards me nervously.

“…just a thank you, to Daryl, you know, for everything,” Carol added. I blushed and contemplated that for a second… A night alone with Daryl? The butterflies started to flap around wildly in my stomach. We have never spent the night alone.

“Is that what you were whispering to Rick about?” I asked, smiling to Carol accusingly. She nodded guiltily.

“Have you talked to Daryl about this?” I asked, wondering how he would feel... I knew he wanted the alone time just as much as I did, but it felt a little wrong and selfish to accept this from the group. We all worked together, all the time.

“Rick’s probably already told him, he said he was going to tell them while they were fishing…” Lori answered. “C’mon,” she said, standing up off the bed and pulling me up next to her. She was smiling widely. She spread out the black and white bit of fabric she was holding and held it up in front of me. It was a dress. It reminded me of a 50’s pin up poster… it was black with white polka dots, tied into a halter, and slightly flared out at the waist. Lori held it up to my body.

“I was saving this, but we both know it won’t fit me for awhile,” she said, chuckling, looking down at her baby bump. “It looks like it’ll fit you just fine, I want you to wear it tonight,” she said, still smiling. She handed the dress to me and I looked down, running the soft cotton fabric through my fingers.

“I haven’t worn a dress in I have no idea how long,” I said softly. “Thank you, so much,” I said, and Lori pulled me into a warm hug. I quickly hugged Carol after that.

“We’re going to start cooking, why don’t you shower and clean up and we’ll come get you when it’s ready…” Carol instructed and I nodded, still smiling at them both. They both left the bedroom and quietly shut the door behind them. I was beginning to feel slightly nervous about being alone all night with Daryl.

I quickly finished sorting through the clothes that littered the bed, packing away the summer ones in the small closet and putting the others in the dresser that furnished the bedroom. I hung the dress in the closest and walked quietly to the bathroom. I glanced over at Vinny, who was still sleeping soundly. I stepped into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, clicked the light on and the old fashioned ceiling light buzzed on.

I walked over and sat on the edge of the bath tub, and pulled the faucet on. The water slowly started to trickle from the spout. It took a while for water pressure to build, but after it had gotten stronger, I pulled the metal handle on the faucet that turned the shower on. Water started to spray out quickly from the old shower head that protruded from the tiled wall above my head.

I turned the temperature on the faucet to hot, hoping like hell it would work. The lights slightly flickered, and I placed my hand underneath the stream of water. It was still cold. I frowned slightly, but when I felt the water begin to heat up on my hands I smiled excitedly.

“Yesss” I sang out happily, and stepped into the middle of the bathroom and quickly peeled off my clothing, letting them fall idly to the floor. I grabbed the shampoo, conditioner, and soap bottles from the bin that I had brought into the bathroom last night, and quickly jumped into the steaming shower, pulling the old vinyl curtain shut behind me.

I squealed in excitement as the hot water hit my skin. I couldn’t remember the last time I had showered in hot water. I leaned my head back under the stream of water, moaning softly as it washed through my scalp. It was beyond amazing.

I quickly washed and rinsed my body and hair. I even had time to shave my legs with a pink, disposable razor before the water started to get a little cold. I started to feel guilty, so I did a final rinse and stepped out of the shower, wrapping myself in a large brightly colored beach towel.

I towel dried my body, wrapped up in my towel, and stepped back out into the bedroom to find Daryl tickling Vinny, who was laughing and kicking wildly on the bed. I smiled sweetly at the two of them, and Daryl looked up as I opened the door, and looked my body up and down, as I pulled the towel a little tighter around me.

“Looks like the shower works,” he smirked, dodging Vinny’s playful punches on the bed.

“Yep,” I said, “It works wonderfully,” I added, and crossed the room to pull some clean clothes out of the dresser.

“Did j’hear about this date thing their putting on for us?” he asked.

“Yeah, What do you think about it?” I asked nonchalantly, stepping into the bathroom and quickly dressing in a tshirt and sweatpants. I was pulling a hairbrush through my wet tangled hair and listening as he spoke.

“I didn’t think you could handle being away from Vinny for a whole night, but, I would like the time alone…” I peeked at him from out of the bathroom door and he winked at me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. We heard a soft knock on the door and Daryl got up off the bed, where Vinny was still sitting, and opened it. Carl and Rick walked inside.

“Hey little man,” Rick said, smiling down at Vinny. “Carl and me wanted to invite you over for a Cowboys Only sleepover…” I watched from the bathroom doorway as Vinny smiled widely at Rick and Carl. He then looked over to me, and I couldn’t help but chuckle at how excited he looked.

“Can I go, Zia?” he asked, looking hopefully at me. A soft feeling of apprehension invaded my gut, but I quickly ignored it and nodded happily towards him. I trusted Rick with my life.

“You bet, sweetheart.” I answered, and Daryl ruffled his hair. I walked around the room, quickly filling Vinny’s small snoopy backpack that we had found in one of the abandoned houses full with his pajamas, toothbrush, clothes for tomorrow, and a few of his toys. Rick and Carl were talking lightly with Daryl and Vinny. I knelt down beside my nephew and slung his back pack over his shoulders, and handed him his toy gun, which he solemnly placed in the pocket of his tiny jeans. I kissed his cheek and he wrapped his arms tightly around my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him closely.

“You are going to have so much fun! Don’t worry, I’ll be right here the whole night. If anything happens, just come and find me. I’ll be right here.” I said quietly into his ear. He kissed my cheek and I stood up behind him. Rick had extended his hand, and Vinny placed his small hand in his. I smiled warmly at Rick.

“We’re going to be just fine, Auntie,” Rick said, and he, Carl, and Vinny exited the room together. I shook out the nerves in my hands and felt one of Daryl’s arms wrap around my waist. I felt his body against my back and heard him inhale deeply.

“You smell so good,” he whispered, and I turned around to face him, chuckling.

“Yeah, and you stink!” I said, in between chuckles and he laughed at me.

“Go take a shower!” I ordered, pushing him towards the bathroom. He shook his head. “Fine, princess!” he teased, and shut the bathroom door behind him. I heard the shower start a couple minutes after that. I exhaled deeply and went to the closet and changed into the dress that Lori had given to me. I studied my reflection in the foggy body mirror that hung on the closet door. The dress was a size too big, but it did make me feel pretty and… feminine. I hadn’t felt like this since way before the outbreak. I gulped nervously at my reflection and quietly exited the bedroom. Lori and Carol were baking fish in the oven and the delicious smell immediately hit my nose. Lori turned to face me when I had walked in and smiled at me.

“The dress looks good on you,” she cooed, and beckoned for me to come near her. Carol smiled at me from in front of the stove that she was cooking in front of. I walked up, stopping in front of Lori and she straightened the front of the dress and ran her fingers over my damp hair.

“Wait here,” she ordered, and walked out of the room. I took a seat at the table that had been set for two people.

“You look so beautiful… I never thought of how you would look in a dress,” Carol said, and I smiled at her.

“Carol, hush,” I said, and she chuckled. Lori returned to the kitchen, carrying a small pouch. I watched as she opened it up and pulled out a couple make up brushes and mascara. She stood behind me and started pulling my hair in different spots and pinning it in place with bobby pins.

“Ouch!” I complained as she poked one into my scalp.

“Oh, quiet,” she huffed and turned around to face me, dabbing light blush to my cheeks.

“I’m not sure if he even likes girls who wear make-up- ya know?” I complained and Lori rolled her eyes. “Every guy likes a girl who wears make up – it’s the ones that wear too much that they stay away from. She smiled and made eye contact with me.

“Look up,” she ordered, holding the mascara wand close to my eye. I exhaled dramatically and did as she instructed.

“You remind me of my little sister,” she chuckled, and brushed the thick liquid onto my eye lashes.

“All done,” she said, studied my face, and then began packing the make-up back in the pouch. Carol smiled at the two of us and announced, “Dinner’s finished. I’ll get Daryl.” Lori walked for the door that led to the living room and smiled at me. “Have fun tonight, little one,” she said, and wiggled her eyebrows.

“Shut up,” I laughed at her and started to fidget nervously with my hands. She exited the room, and Daryl and Carol walked in shortly after. He was wearing a worn Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt and jeans. I smiled to myself, had I really expected any different? I stood up and walked over to them and Carol took one of our hands into each of hers.

“Thank you, Daryl… You saved all of us…” Carol said solemnly, smiling at Daryl and then over to me.

“Stop,” Daryl smiled, and patted her on the shoulder. “No need to thank me.” She nodded and quietly walked from the room. Daryl quickly grasped my hips and pulled me to him, kissing me roughly on the lips. I rested my hands on his chest and kissed him back. My stomach rumbled loudly, and Daryl slowly backed his face away from mine, and snickered.

“Hungry?” He asked, and I nodded. He led me over to the seat at the table and pulled the chair out for me. “Princess…” he said, chuckling, and motioned for me to sit. I sat down and he pulled the plates from the table and filled them from the spread on the stove.
My eyes widened excitedly when I saw a bottle of wine on the table. “…Is this for real?” I asked, and pulled the bottle from the table. It was an old bottle of concord red. Daryl looked over at me from the stove and shrugged. “My granddad probably had it up here. He was a fan of sweet red wine.” He screwed up his face in disgust. “Reminds me of communion wine…gross…” he said, and I chuckled. I grabbed the corkscrew that was sitting next to it and opened the bottle and poured myself a glass. I sipped it slowly, savoring the sweet grape flavor. Daryl placed a full plate of food in front of me. We chatted and flirted through dinner. It tasted delicious. I almost forgot that we were struggling to survive less than a week ago.
After dinner, I had begun rinsing and washing our dishes, my head swimming from the wine. I gulped another mouthful, and set down the glass as I felt Daryl’s arms wrap around my waist, and his breath tickle my neck.

“You sure do look like a tall glass of water,” he said quietly, placing small kisses on my neck. I giggled.

“A tall glass of water?” I repeated, giggled again and felt him smile as he kissed my shoulder. I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck, reaching up to my tip toes to peck him sweetly on the lips. He looked down at me, smirked, and swiftly lifted me up at the waist and I wrapped my legs around him. He started to kiss me passionately as he walked towards our bedroom, to which we entered, and he kicked the door closed behind him.

He laid me down on the bed and hovered above me, his hands still lingered on my hips. He leaned back in and started kissing me, running his tongue along my bottom lip. I moaned softly as I felt one of his rough hands running up my outer thigh, under my dress, and rest his thumb on my hip bone, grasping my side.

He started to kiss on my neck and behind my ear, and my breathing started to labor. I wanted him so badly, and every place on my body he touched or kissed felt amazing. He was perfect. I started to pull at the hem of his t-shirt, and he quickly pulled it over his head and off. My fingers trailed along his hard abdomen and he started kissing me rougher and with more passion.

He abruptly stopped the kiss as I pushed him softly back and slowly made my way to my feet, standing over him as he laid up on the bed watching me, propped up on his elbows. I stared directly into his eyes as I unzipped the back of my dress and it felt to the floor. He looked down my body as I stood in front of him in a strapless black bra and black panties. He sat up on the bed and pulled me close to him and began kissing my hips, dragging his tongue softly across my skin right above the elastic of my black panties. My breath got caught in my lungs as I gasped and moaned softly. His lips felt so good along the thin skin right below my bellybutton.

My legs began to grow shaky, so he pulled me down to the bed and hovered on top of me again, placing kisses all over my body. He moved up to my lips and clicked off the lantern that sat on the nightstand next to the bed. The room glowed a dark blue from the moonlight that shone through the curtains in the bedroom. It was dead quiet aside from our heavy breathing and my soft moans.

I rolled on top of him, straddled his lap, and leaned forward and began kissing his neck softly. His hands rested on my waist, grasping tightly as I lightly began to rock my hips, grinding against him as I kissed his neck. I felt a bulge began to stiffen in his jeans, and it made me want him terribly.

His hands traveled up my back and gently unhooked my bra. I felt him run his finger tips so softly across the sensitive skin on my breast and I couldn’t help but moan softly and shiver uncontrollably. His touch was so light that it was barely touching me and it was driving me crazy. He sat up and placed sloppy, wet kisses on my collarbones as he squeezed each of my breasts gently. I shuddered and began fiddling with his belt buckle.

His lips crashed into mine and he wrapped his arms around me, and rolled over, and I was on my back again. His tongue massaged passionately with mine as I ran my fingertips up and down his back. I heard him unbuckle his belt and felt him stand up and shrug out of his jeans. He quickly hovered over me again, and grunted in pleasure when I grasped his erection with my small hand and kissed his chest. I felt up and down it's length for the first time ever.

He pushed my shoulders back and kissed me, pressing his hips against mine. I moaned softly as I felt his hardness brush along my sweet spot, through my panties.

“I want you so badly,” I whispered out, taking deep breaths. He started kissing my neck. And I felt him step out of his boxers. He yanked my panties down my thighs and I heard him groan into my neck as I felt the tip of his erection run down my wetness. I gasped.

He kissed my lips sweetly and I moaned into his mouth as I felt him slide into me. He was so hard and the stretching hurt a little, but it felt so amazing that I almost couldn’t handle it. He hovered over me, and I felt his strong hands squeezing my hips as he thrust deeply inside of me. My body jerked involuntarily, sparks of pleasure were overtaking my body.

He continued to slide slowly in and out of me and I couldn’t help moaning softly into his shoulder. He was breathing super heavily, concentration on his face that was illuminated by the moonlight. He stated to pump his hips in and out faster, his hardness filled me deliciously and hit every one of my spots that was sending me into deep pleasure. I pulled his face closer to me, grasping the back of his neck and kissed him sweetly. I started to grind my hips into his, and his rhythm felt amazing, pushing me closer and closer to the edge.

He moaned quietly and leaned back, gaining leverage, and quickening his speed, yet still thrusting so deep inside me. I knew I wasn't going to last longer and the way that he was moaning and squeezing my hips, I knew he wasn’t going to either. I arched my back in pleasure, and he leaned over me, kissing my neck and making love to me even faster. I could feel my body begin to tense around him.

“Just let it go, baby,” he whispered into my ear, which he began kissing and sucking on my ear lobe. I felt a warm feeling begin to explode deep inside me, and a wave of delicious muscle spasms constricted with pleasure as I climaxed heavily around him. He was still pumping hard in and out of me.

“Oh, My, God, Gia,” he breathed out, and thrusted firmly into me. I could feel him throbbing inside of me as he came hard. He laid gently next to me and I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart race. It was gradually slowing down.

“I love you,” I heard him whisper and he kissed the top of my head. I smiled at him in the dark and looked up at him.

“I love you too.” I pecked him softly on the lips. I laid my head back onto his chest, and the skin-to-skin contact felt amazing. Within minutes, I heard Daryl lightly snoring. I chuckled to myself and pulled the blanket up and over us, returning to my spot on his chest. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, feeling happier than I have ever felt in my entire life.