Status: Finished! ❤️

Hurricane

THREE

A month later, there still wasn't a moment that went by that my thoughts weren't consumed by him. I felt so silly. I'd never been that girl before, the girl who gets so immersed in a guy that he's all she ever thought or talked about. But he'd done it. His floppy black hair, mesmerizing eyes, and muscular arms were never not flashing though my head. I heard him drumming in my sleep. I'd never loved hearing someone play a certain instrument so much before.

We talked every day. My shyness had gone away almost instantly once we'd actually had a real conversation. I felt like I'd known him all my life. I didn't know how he did it. I'd never opened up to someone so easily before. I liked him and trusted him so much in just that short amount of time that it scared me. I didn't know what to do with all of those feelings, and I told him so. He assured me that he wasn't going to hurt me and that we could take things as slowly as I felt like we needed to, and something about the way he said the words made them more believable than anything I'd ever heard.

It was almost two months before he asked me out on a formal date. We'd watched movies on his couch multiple times before, and even made out quite a few times, but he insisted that we needed a proper first date, so we had one. He took me to a restaurant that was too expensive for me to even look at on my own. The food was, quite honestly, very mediocre, but it was one of the best nights of my life nonetheless.

We went back to his place after, and he kissed me like I'd never been kissed before. I'd never experienced that kind of real passion. I'd never been so at home with someone's arms around me. I'd known it from the first night I'd seen him, and I knew it then more than I knew anything else.

"I... love... you..." I breathed in his ear, nibbling it lightly between words. My breath caught in my throat at the realization of what those words actually meant. He sighed lightly into my lips as I kissed him, and then I could feel him smile.

"I love you," he whispered, pulling away slightly so that he could look at me. His eyes were wide, and I could see them sparkling as he looked at me. "You... you are the most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes on, you know that?" he breathed, and I couldn't help but giggle. "No, you are. Everything about you is perfect," he said in a very serious tone, running his fingers lightly up and down my arms.

I couldn't force any words out over the happy lump in the back of my throat, so I didn't try to. I just kissed him. I kissed him like I was going to die the next day. I kissed him with my whole body, leaning into him and running my hands up and down his back through his shirt. With a short shake of his head, his lifted his arms so that I could lift the shirt off, and I did. I kissed down his neck and chest, and every time my lips touched his skin, he let out a soft moan.

"I love you, Shannon," I repeated it, rolling each of the words off of my tongue carefully, enunciating every syllable as much as I could.

"I love you. I love you. I love you," he replied, lifting my own shirt swiftly over my head.

Then, he made love to me. It was sensual and passionate, and better than anything I'd ever even imagined. I'd had sex before, but nothing like this. Nothing with such a connection behind it. Even if I'd had any doubts about whether his words were true when it came to his loving me, I couldn't have denied it anymore after that. I could feel his love for me radiating throughout his entire body. I could feel it as I ran my hands down his naked body, could feel it as he ran his hands down mine.

We lay there for a long time after, tangled up in each other. Both of us were slightly sweaty and Shannon had an adorable pink glow about him. His eyes sparkled as he looked at me.

"How long have we been together?" he asked, his voice lower, rougher, and significantly sexier than usual.

"Two months almost exactly," I replied lightly, and a confused look crossed his face briefly.

"That's all?" he whispered, and I nodded, lacing my fingers with his. "I feel like I've known you forever," he said, and I smiled at him. "Don't ever leave my side," he said, his voice barely even audible. He was falling asleep. "Don't ever leave my side, Evie," he repeated, as his eye slid closed.

"I won't," I whispered, planting a line of gentle kisses across his forehead.