Status: Will be updating frequently, please drop a comment and enjoy <3

In the Hands of the Jester

Grand Entrance

It was a cold Friday morning and as usual I was making my rounds, and by rounds I mean shoplifting. I'm not proud of it at all and we all have done it at some point in our lives, unfortunately it's become a habit, though I am rather good at what I do. The cold breeze nipped at my cheeks, so I pulled the strings of my hoodie a bit tighter and made my way across the main busy street of the avenue. I knew the corner store on the next block opened only thirty minutes ago, so I'd pretend to look for breakfast foods. Before I got to the corner I spotted a few of the many junkies in the neighborhood, one of them I knew particularly well. His name was Miles. I didn't feel like dealing with his bullshit today, I was going to have to walk by without him noticing me.

"Aye, Autumn!" He shouted from the other end of the sidewalk, I walked a little faster.

"Bitch I know you hear me, yo." I could hear the anger in his tone, fucking junkies man.

I stopped and turned to face him, he caught up to me and began to smile. Either he was about to hit on me or he had something rude to say, which is what you always get when talking to an addict.

"Look you waste of space, I really don't have time for this. I got shit to take care of."

"I think you might be interested in what I'm 'bout to say."

"Yeah? So what's it about then? Since you think you know me" I rolled my eyes.

He gave me a serious look. "I know you're tired of havin' nothing."

"Cut to the chase, Miles." I couldn't waste my whole day here, I was fucking starving.

"You got a thing for stealing, and I ain't judging, but me and my pals was wondering if you wanted to help us score big tonight." He rubbed his filthy hands together. "No details now but trust me you don't wanna miss this." He turned to walk away.

Why would I want to help those idiots? What was in it for me? I rather see those scumbags beg on the sidewalk than steal for them, but if there was a chance I could get my hands on some money...

"Wait, where are you gonna be? You never told me a time or place!" I hollered to him, he turned back around.

"Eight o'clock sounds good, so meet us behind Club Jinx around then. Oh, and bring somethin' to cover ya face!"

Club jinx? That's the most popular strip joint in all of Gotham, whoever they had in mind must have a shit ton of dough.

I was at my place getting ready for this "heist", I guess that's what you'd call this bullshit idea. Anyway where I lived wasn't a house, but a cheap motel room. It was hard paying the thirty dollars every week, just to be in this disgusting shit hole. Not to mention I didn't have a job, and I was a minor. Sixteen to be exact. Of course in the real world no one gives a damn about your life and how old you are, as long as they're fat and sitting on a pile of cash, they're happy. I scrambled through the few belongings I had, searching for my ski mask. After digging in my backpack I found what I was looking for, and slid the bag back under the bed. I glanced at the clock hanging above the wall to the left of me, it read seven forty-nine pm. Fuck I needed to hurry, I didn't want those morons to screw anything up, lord knows they have shit for brains. I ran down to the nearest bus stop and looked around to see if any of them were close, seeing as no one else was at the stop that means it already passed. Fuck. I sprinted across two streets and then through the main plaza, there was a train passing through so the road was temporarily blocked off. I stopped for a second and allowed myself to think about which was the quickest route, the alleyway behind Freddy's Bar. I was almost completely out of breath but I knew I had to keep going if I wanted to make it there in time.
Finally I saw the group just a head, they were all wearing masks as well. Which made me feel a lot better about this whole sketchy idea, being caught would really suck. I don't think I would like jail too much.
"Okay, you ready right? Ain't no bluffing on us now, girl." They all just stared at me as I walked over to Miles.
"So what's this plan of yours? I need details."

"Look there's a guy who comes by every once in a while, he comes in through the back. Seems like a real private guy, but you should see the nice ass cars he drives and the clothes this man wears." He laughed and placed his hand on my shoulder. "He's loaded, but just one problem..."

I raised a brow. "What kind of problem?" I hear a few car doors close behind me, and multiple footsteps following.
Oh my god someone was behind me, paranoia took over and I began to panic. I took off running but someone tackled me from behind, knocking me to the ground. I tried to get back on my feet but a heavy foot slammed down on my chest, it was Miles.

"What are you doing? Ahh let me go!" I squirmed trying to slip out from under him, but I was too weak.
"Sorry kid it's just business, I'ma get some big bucks for turning a pretty face like you in." He gave a disgusting smirk. Like I said, fucking junkies. "Ain't that right my man? I don't remember your name but here's a girl like you asked, so where's the money?"

The man he was talking to, I'm assuming, stepped out of the shadows. As he stepped closer I got better look at him, his appearance was so strange. Bright green hair slicked back, chalky white skin, and dark cherry lips. He was wearing a burgundy button down, with black slacks. I couldn't help but notice the gun holster that went around his back, to his shoulders as well. He looked down at me and let out a long evil-like cackle. At first I was confused but then it hit me, he was the notorious Joker, the "King of Gotham". He is the worst person this town has ever seen, he had killed countless and is completely insane. I've never actually seen him in real life, though. Not many people have, he's the most wanted man around, yet the hardest to spot.

"What have we got here? How do I know there's a, what did you say? Pretty face, under there?" He towered above me, standing next the the piece of shit holding me down. Miles turned his gaze to the Clown and smiled. "Pull that mask off and take a look for yourself, but first I want my money." The Clown seemed amused, he let out yet another horrifying cackle.

"Well, alright then. Miles was it? Let her up and I'll hand over that cash you want." He grinned, and gazed down at me.
Miles removed his foot but I didn't want to move, I was too scared to do anything.

"Get the fuck up! I want to get paid, kid." He nudged me with his boot.

All I could do was lay there and shake while those icy blue eyes drove fear into my heart, I was afraid to look away as he seemed to enjoy this creepy stare down we were having.

"Okay bitch, if that's what you're gonna do." Miles reached down and grabbed me by my throat, pulling me to my feet. Then he shoved me towards the Clown, my face slammed against his chest, which was surprisingly muscular. Again I was too afraid to make any movement whatsoever, even though everything in me wanted to bolt.

The Clown was no longer grinning. "Frost, take care of him, would ya?" He gripped my shoulders and looked down at me. Such a height difference we had, me only being 4'11 he had to of been 5'9, at least.
The man he must've been referring to as "Frost" walked over to Miles and to pay him what was due.
The Clown continued to look down at my masked face, then gripped the top of the red cloth with his right hand, pulling it from my head. My hair was now a mess, but he brushed it out of my face and leaned in close to my ear."One, two, three-" his voice sent chills down my spine.

BANG. I almost jumped out of my skin, the Clown made a wide grin. The noise echoed through the alley, I heard a thud hit the ground just behind me. I knew what just happened, they shot Miles right behind me, and now they're going to kill me.

"I-I..uh.." I couldn't speak, I have never felt so fucking afraid in my entire life. I'm going to die.

He gave me a look of reassurance. "Oh, I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurt you really, really, bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
More chapters coming later today ! Drop some comments, if you like it so far please recommend <3