Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

~Wrong Intentions~

We left the cabin, my mind still fuzzy from everything that just happened. A slight buzz tickled my leg faintly and I reached into my pocket to grab my phone, forgetting that my friend Samantha needed to tell me something.

‘Perfect, I’m there as well visiting my boyfriend. Can we meet up, it’s seriously urgent.’ The text had read. I replied back and told her to meet me at a nearby mall, Kaleb was utterly curious as to what she had to tell me as well.

As we were walking down the path back onto the city streets, Kaleb reached out and slid his hand into mine lacing my fingers with his. I smiled and looked at the ground before glancing back up at him, wondering what this all meant.

“Sorry, I just…I’m so glad I’m finally able to tell you all of everything without having to erase your memory.” He whispered finally after a few moments of not awkward silence.

“How where you able to do that anyway, how does one just erase the memory of someone completely.” I wondered, perplexed by the thought of that.

“They weren’t erased completely, I was just able to put up all wall inside your mind to block out the memory of me. When you awaken your powers, you’ll be able to access those memories.”

We finally reached the entrance of the mall and we stood waiting for Samantha to show up, it had started raining very hard at that point as well; we made our way inside and wandered around before I had gotten a text saying that she was here.

“Faith!” I heard her voice calling to me, and turned around to see her standing there, her long blond hair in a high pony-tale wearing jeans and a purple tank top; holding hands with a very tall muscular guy wearing a grey baseball cap. “This is my boyfriend, Peter.”

I shook his hand and introduced myself to him and gave her a welcoming hug, it definitely had been quite some time.

She then caught sight of Kaleb and made eye contact with him before glancing at me, she then grabbed my hand and walked off with me; turning around to quickly inform the boys of where we were going.

“What is it you need to tell me, and why the sudden contact after so many years of not talking to me?” I asked confrontationally.

“That guy your with, Kaleb…do you know what he is?” She asked me.

“He’s a traveler?” I answered wondering where she was going with this.

“So he did tell you everything…hmm. Did he tell you that I am as well?” She told me, glancing back at Kaleb and her boyfriend who sat awkwardly on a bench together staring at their phones.

“No, he didn’t. Did he know that you are? Did you know him back in High School or did he erase your memory as well?” I pursued feeling like I was really getting to the bottom of everything.

“I convinced him that it was for the best, he told you too much and too soon; I didn’t want you looking into it just yet. You would have found out…”

“That I’m a witch?” I said abruptly cutting her off.

“Yeah, about that…” She trailed off pointing to the necklace I was wearing. “Don’t ever loose that; especially if you go traveling with either me or Kaleb. It’s for your safety and protection, and if you get lost while traveling it will bring you back immediately.”

“Noted.”

“Anyway, did you complete the pre-ritual with Kaleb yet?” She asked gesturing to the deep cut on my finger that I had yet to bandage up.

“You mean the weird, cut my finger open, pour my blood into a glass and have it make some weird circle thing on the floor while the candles randomly light up?” I told her almost sarcastically.

She let out a giggle and smiled, “Same old Faith.”

“So do we really have to go back to 1933 to do the ritual?” I asked her relaying the information Kaleb told me.

“Yes we do, but before we go…” She grabbed at my hand and with force dragged me over to where Kaleb and her boyfriend were sitting. “Kaleb, where is your orb? Mine has been lost, and I can’t get another.”

He pulled his out of his bag and held it out to Samantha; she eyed it warily before reaching out to touch it and then suddenly disappeared right into thin air.