Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

~Who He Is~

*Flashback*

"And that class is what happens when these two chemicals are mixed together." My 11th grade chemistry teacher Mr. Jacks explained to us after watching a mess of baking soda and vinegar explode onto the counter in the classroom.

"Isn't really much of a chemical?" My best friend Sophie laughed; she was the class clown, always making jokes and pissing off the teachers.

"Still gives off a reaction, anyways that's class for today! Please read pages 124-127 of your texts books for tomorrow!"

The bell rang as he said that and I stood up and gathered my books together to get ready for next periods class; gym. My most favorite.

I waited at the door for Sophie as she gathered her things together, and we started walking down to first floor to get ready for gym class. The halls of the High School crowded with other students rushing to get to their own classes.

"Are you coming to Garrison's party tonight?" She asked as we trotted down the hallway to our lockers.

I thought about it for a moment before giving her my answer; parties weren't really my thing and a new season of The Walking Dead just got uploaded to Netflix that I was dying to watch.

"I was thinking of just staying home, ordering a pizza and binge watching the walking dead." I confessed seeing the disappointment on her face, "But you can go if you want; and tell me all about it later."

"I'm not going if you are, I'll just have to tell Mathew Rivers I can't make it..." She disappointingly added trailing her finger along the door of her locker grinning.

"You asked out Mathew Rivers? I thought he was dating Rebecca?" I inquired.

"No, they broke up and I didn't ask him he asked me. Don't turn around, but that weird new guy keeps staring at you." I glanced in the mirror of my locker slightly and noticed that the new guy that just randomly showed up in homeroom this morning was indeed leaning against his locker, pretending to be staring at his phone and listening to music but I could tell that he was in fact watching me intently. "I heard he came from some weird boarding school in Japan and he was kicked out for setting his dorm on fire."

"Oh c'mon, you can't really believe those ridiculous rumors now can you, where did you even hear that from?"

"Shelby told me after we left homeroom this morning, she knows everything about everyone. You should go talk to him, maybe ask him to the party that you're going to tonight." She nudged me smirking, and with that I noticed from my mirror that he slowly started making his way over to me. His blue eyes glowing from underneath his dark hoodie, I caught my breath as I turned around to meet his gaze.

I was caught off guard as he began to speak, and introduced himself to Sophie and I; his voice was smooth and dark and kept me captivated with every word he spoke.

"Nice to meet you girls, I'm Kaleb."

*Present day*

That memory of first meeting Kaleb flashed in my mind suddenly; I remembered it all, the feeling that came with it; the intensity of his eyes burning into me, the scent of the High School hallway, the cold feeling of leaning against my locker as he came up to me.

I opened my eyes and I was back with Kaleb, we were sitting in a café and Kaleb he was attempting to get my attention but I had been clearly out of it.

"Hello, earth to Faith!!" Kaleb said shaking me back to reality.

"I remember meeting you." I told him, and he snapped his head up at me confused and tilted his head to the side.

"What do you mean?"

"I was standing at my locker with my best friend Samantha, when you approached us and introduced yourself. Everything after that is a little fuzzy, but that was so clear to me. I remember everything of that moment, I did know you; and you did know me." I explained to him.

"The wall must be breaking..." He sighed to himself getting out his father's journal and flipping through it until he found the page he was looking for. "Just as I suspected; the wall is breaking because of the necklace you possess; the ritual hasn't been completed but it's been started; so the memories have begun to leak."

I decided to change the subject, hoping that would help my memories from leaking out; I wasn't ready for that yet.

"So how on earth do we kill the demon anyway, what exactly is he?" I inquired to know. "And where did my grandmother go?"

"I found my orb outside the mall, it was buried in the grass; I sent her back. I told her we would be there soon enough to do the ritual; and I'm really not sure that you want to know anything more about the Demon just yet."

"I want to know everything."

"The demon, better yet known as Larkin Artikula; was born way back when, pretty much before times existed. He started life as normal human, but he was cursed; that when he died, he would become a demon. He lived out all his life; not knowing of this curse and finally when the time came after he was murdered he had awoken as his true form; and started wrecking havoc on anyone who crossed him. He was caged for 100's of years, until the future when time travel was invented and he escaped and became the leader."

"So how do we kill him?" I asked.

"There is only one known way to do so, and I can't tell you until we renew your powers. The demon will stop at nothing to try and kill you first so we have to act fast, he'll learn eventually about what we are planning and when he does; it will be trouble."

"Lets get too it then."