Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

The Ritual

We were back in the cabin, getting prepared to do the ritual. We realized it had to be done now, and quickly. We had no time to go back to get my grandmother, so Kaleb had to do it himself.

“Are you ready?” He asked me, beginning to light the candles that were placed in a circle around us.

I was ready, but I was scared; knowing that this was the moment my life was about to change forever, and after this there was no going back to what was before.

"I'm ready" I lied, and Kaleb looked into the depths of my brown eyes and knew that I was nervous as all hell about this, but it had to happen sooner or later. He grabbed my hands and held on tight to them as he chanted some strange chant in a language I had never heard before.

Everything around me went a deep pitch black, I heard Kalebs voice far off away from me; telling me to stay calm and not to be afraid of anything.

I breathed in slowly; as the woman I seen before approached me again, she grasped onto my hands and looked me deep in the eyes. The area we were in was a big open shadowy field, I tried to look around me and all I could see was darkness everywhere.

"The time has come to awaken your powers." She spoke in a soft voice, that was hardly audible. Her eyes shown brightly and another figure showed up beside her.

It was my mother.

"Mom..." I softly whispered.

"I always knew it would be you." She smiled and held her cold hands out to my face; she kissed my forehead and held the necklace I had around her neck in between her fingers for a moment. "Don't be scared baby."

She grabbed onto a long silver knife from a table beside us, she was still holding onto me as she sliced into the palm of my hand. I winced from the pain that I had felt once before when we did this; and the blood dripped and onto my arm.

"Say these words along with me." My mother whispered holding my hand tight as she squeezed the blood from my hand into a cup. "I Faith Jordan Jeremy, vow to hold the powers of the first witch in my heart; and to use them only for good and not evil."

"I, Faith Jordon Jeremy vow to hold the powers of the first witch in my heart; and to use them only for good and not evil."

"Now; the time has come. I am giving you a task to complete by the full moon tomorrow night; once it is complete your full powers have been awakened. As for now; only half of your powers are inside of you."

"What is the task?" I asked; as my mother took my arm and injected some sort of strange liquid inside of my veins. It made me feel a little bit dizzy and disoriented suddenly; but I kept my focus on everything else around me.

"You'll find out when you awaken." The woman told me as I seen my mother begin to disappear right in front of my eyes.

"Wake up and start your new life." My mother whispered as I felt a deep strength enter inside of me.

***
The world was fuzzy when I had awoken; it took me a moment to take in my surroundings. I was completely alone and in the middle of an abandoned field.

I had no recollection of my surroundings; something else felt missing as well. It was Kaleb; he wasn't here.

I felt fear in my chest when I rose to my feet and brushed off the grass from my jeans. Glancing down I noticed an old crumpled up book on the ground; in it was a hand written letter it was in some strange symbols. Yet, I could understand what it said.

Dear Faith,

If you are able to read this letter, then congratulations. You're about halfway there to completing the trial to becoming a full witch and being able to use your powers. The first powers you have awoken is mind reading, levitation, conjuring, extreme senses, healing and teleportation to name a few. The definition of these powers is in your handbook you have received. The first task you have acquired to complete the transition is to go back to 1933 and awaken your grandmother from her coma.