Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

Flip to The Past

*Flashback*

"I can't believe where finally graduating today." I breathed in the fresh morning air while my graduation robe flowed down to the ground.

"I was so close to not graduating, thankfully Mrs. B gave me that extra credit in History." Said Kaleb, as we headed inside the gym auditorium; Kaleb slipped his warm hand into mine and threw a smile in my direction placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"So what did you want to do after graduation? There's a party tonight but I'm not really the party type as you know." I laughed glancing at Kaleb. He let out a soft chuckle but then his eyes seemed distant as he let out his answer.

"We could just go out for dinner or something..."

"Yeah, that sounds good." We entered the gym and I smiled as I seen all of our classmates dressed in their graduation cap and gowns, excited for the next chapter ahead.

"Faith! Kaleb! I was wondering when you guys would get here! I can't believe we're finally graduating today, it feels like just yesterday we were just starting high school!" I turned around and seen Sophie standing behind me, her shoulder length hair curled in tight beautiful waves. Her gown was open revealing a purple summer dress and she was wearing sparkly high heals, something I could never do, as I was super clumsy.

"I'll laugh so hard if you trip going up the stairs going to get your diploma." Kaleb laughed eyeing Sophie's heals.

She looked down and pouted at him, "Rude, I doubt you could walk in heals."

Kaleb just winked at her as we walked and took our seats with the rest of the class. I cracked my knuckles in nervousness and glanced around the autoriam; I made eye contact with my Aunt and my frail mother who sat in the audience looking more proud than ever.

***
Another memory popped threw my head as I stood in that feild thinking about what to do next. I couldn't figure out the rest of the memory and it really annoyed me.

"You'll figure it out once you get your full powers" I heard Kalebs voice behind me a few yards back in the field and turned around. "Are you ready to go to 1933?"

"I'm not scared, but... this is so over whelming." I confessed crossing the field towards him my arms at my side. "Why can't I read your mind Kaleb?"

"Because I'm a traveler, but I'll show you what you can do." He finally reached me and took my hands in his. "Close your eyes."

I did as he said and breathed in slowly, waiting for what was to come next. Out of nowhere a full circle around us in the field burst into flames, I opened my eyes and looked around me in amazement.

"Concentrate on this feather." Kaleb said placing a single black feather in his hand. I stared at it in full concentration and it suddenly lifted off his hand and into the air.

"Oh my god!" I whispered watching the feather levitate in the air, Kaleb took his hand away and it stayed floating for awhile. "This is... amazing."

Kaleb reached into his backpack and pulled out the orb, he took my hand and placed it on it.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

I nodded and a flash of bright light flooded my eyes for a brief moment.

When I looked around we appeared to be in the same field that we were in before but there was more old styled houses everywhere, and horses put away in their pens.

"Cmon we don't have long to do this." Kaleb said taking my hand and dragging me to a house far off by a pond.

"What is it exactly I'm supposed to do? I mean I have to wake my grandmother from a coma but how am I to do that."

"You'll just know, less questions more hurrying." He persisted as we approached the house and made our way inside. Their was a small fire lit inside the house on an old stove, and a wooden table with lanterns lit.

A woman walked out of a room and made our way over to us, "Oh thank god you guys are finally here, I was worried you would never show. Faith, you're so beautiful just like your grandmother told me you were; I'm so excited for you to finally develop your powers."

"Thanks..." I said awkwardly, not sure who this strange woman was. "So, who are you again?"

"I'm your Grandmothers best friend, Bonnie. She slipped into a coma when she came back from your time, I know you'll be able to get her out of it. Come this way." She waved me over to a room in the far back of the house, I glanced over my shoulder at Kaleb who nudged his head towards me giving me the firm order to go on ahead.

I followed her throughout the house and into the backroom, where my grandmother lay with her arms crossed over the bed with her eyes firmly shut. I felt a sense of peace wash over me as I touched her arm. I closed my eyes and was able to vision what she was dreaming about.

She was on a boat over a large sea, laughing with friends and family; suddenly the waves started crashing harder and the sky turned a deep grey. Thunder boomed off in the distance as the rain crashed over the water; people on the boat started panicking heavily as a lightning bolt went off in the distance; causing the boat to start tumbling around.

My grandmother locked eyes with me and nodded.

"You can see me?" I whispered. "You need to wake up, you've been in a coma for a week now!"

She didn't say a word to be but continued to eye me down as the boat rocked harder, causing everyone on it to tip down into the water.

I found myself being able to make it over to her and grab her hand to keep her from sinking, she couldn't grasp me as her hand kept going through mine.

"You need to concentrate harder, you can fix this." I read her mind as I concentrated on grabbing her hand. I was too late as she went over and fell into the water not having anything to hold onto. I jumped in, not feeling the coldness of the water around me I was finally able to grasp onto her and drag her to a near by shore.

"You need to wake up! Wake up!" I screamed concentrating on having her open her eyes. I heard her voice inside my head, "Concentrate on healing, recite the words 'with the powers of the goddess I use my faith and my powers to heal my loved one from evil and wrong doing'"

"With the powers of the goddess I use my faith and my powers to heal my loved one from evil and wrong doing."

Nothing happened.

"WITH THE POWERS OF THE GODDESS I USE MY FAITH AND MY POWERS TO HEAL MY LOVED ONE FROM EVIL AND WRONG DOING."

And with that I was transported back to the room and my grandmother awoke from her long slumber.

"Very good my darling." Her friend Bonnie said placing a hand on my shoulder as her eyes fluttered open.

"Faith...you saved me." She whispered holding my hand with hers. I grasped my hand over top of hers tightly and noticed my necklace began to glow up and start levitating in the air.

"It's happening." Bonnie whispered eyeing down the necklace and reaching behind my neck to take it off and place it in my hand. I felt a sensation flow through me and closed my eyes, everything around me felt lighter and beautiful.

I stood up from off the bed and let go of the necklace which stayed afloat in the air, I turned around and glanced at Bonnie and my grandmother; they had a smile on their face.

Kaleb entered the room and smiled as well as he noticed what I was able to do.

"It's just going to get so much better from here." He smiled leaning against the railing.

*Flashback continued*

"I'd like to congratulate our graduating class of 2013!" The school principal cheered as our entire class stood up from our chairs and threw our caps in the air. I smiled as I watched them come back down and grabbed mine back.

"We did it! We finally did it!" Sophie screaming grabbing her cap and giving me a giant hug.

"Group hug!" Kaleb called out squeezing us all together tightly.

I broke from the hug and looked up at Kaleb and our lips met in a quick kiss, we both smiled and everything in that moment felt completely perfect.

We went outside and took photos with some of our classmates and with each other, I turned around and saw my grandmother wheeling my very sick mother over to me on the sidewalk.

"I'm so proud of you my dear." My mother said to me handing me some flowers, I teared up and bent down to give her a hug and a quick peck on the cheek.

"We have to get going back to the hospital, don't be back to late tonight." My aunt said to me turning to leave.

I nodded at her and turned back to my friends and took some more photos with them.

Suddenly out of the blue Kaleb had a solum look on his face, like something was heavily on his mind and bothering him.

"Hey Faith, can we talk for a moment?" He asked sliding up to me and grabbing my hand.

I nodded and we started walking over to a bench and I sat down next to him, glancing up at him waiting for him to say what was on his mind.

"I'm sorry but, I have to end this." My heart began beating so fast inside my chest, I blinked and shook my head; not sure if I was hearing this correctly.

"...what?" I whispered to him. Why now? Why after the best day of my life? Why after such a beautiful moment we shared.

He took my hand and looked me straight in the eyes "I'm sorry, I have to end this; I don't want you to get hurt you already know too much."

"Please don't do this!" I practically screamed, and he placed a finger on my lips to quiet me and pulled me into a hug but I pulled away and glanced up at him hurt. "I said I promised I would keep your secret, I won't tell anyone!"

"No, it's not that I don't trust you. I just, can't have you get hurt because of me." He caught my gaze again making sure I didn't look away this time. "You're going to be okay, you're going to move on and have an amazing life and go off to college and do amazing things. I know that you will."

And with that he got off that bench and disappeared from my life; and I forgot everything about him.