Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

~Right, Like I'd Sing~

“Alright up next we have ‘The Gravity Killers!’” The audience cheered as the DJ announced the next band that was playing the show; I was having a great time so far. Met some cool people and felt a little woozy from the few drinks I had. All in all it was a great night, Kaleb and I weren’t playing until near the end of the show and I wasn’t feeling nervous at all. I suddenly got a chilling feeling looming over me, and shivers being sent up my spine. I glanced behind me and noticed a weird man in a hoodie just hanging out by the back door of the venue, just watching me. I glanced at him again and I finally recognized that he was from the dream that I had, which was strange because he kept pointing to his watch. I was worried that I would end up going back in time just like in my dream. I shook off the uneasy feeling I had and just enjoyed the music that was being played.

Their sound was really good and I found myself rocking out and noticed Kaleb beside me looking eerily at the man by the door too, but he shook it off and smiled as he glanced down at me and seen that I was having a good time.

The band finished up their last song and made their way off stage, Kyle and his band where getting ready to head up on stage when the weird man made his way towards me. I pretended to ignore him but he stood two inches in front of me and looked right into my eyes; his eyes were a jet black and I felt sick looking into them. I couldn’t understand why he was looking at me this way. He suddenly just turned and wandered off into the crowd, I shook off the feeling he gave me and noticed that Kaleb was watching the whole thing, but no one else seemed to be made aware of the man.

“…Who was that?” Kaleb asked shaking.

“I have no idea; he just gave me the huge creeps.” I told him.

“Alright guys, give it up for Accidental buzz!” The crowd erupted in an explosive clapping as Kyle’s band started playing a very catchy tune.

I sipped on my drink and enjoyed the music playing; my drink was starting to become empty so I headed to the bar to get a refresher.

I waited for my drink when all of a sudden I started feeling a little bit lightheaded and felt the world around me start spinning, then a strange vision flash into my brain. I closed my eyes and tried to get rid of it but it wouldn’t go away. I saw a boy, hanging out in a basement; surrounded by people and lots of drugs; all of a sudden get up off the couch he was sitting at and head out the door into his car. I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I knew, and did not like where this was going. Suddenly reality came back to me and I was in the bar again, the bartender tapping me on the shoulder and handing me my drink. I shakenly took it and headed back to where Kaleb was standing at.

The band was just finishing up their final song and me and Kyle got ready to head up on stage together to play a few ourselves.

I headed back stage and grabbed a guitar I would be playing with; it had been awhile since I had played so I hoped I would sound decent. I decided that I would play a song that I had written myself awhile back, and Kaleb and had went over it before we went on. I was starting to get nervous at that point because the song was a little personal.

“Everyone give a warm welcome to Silvia and Ryan!” I smirked at Kaleb at the use of our fake names; no one had to know the truth.

We walked out on stage and took a seat on the stools tapped on the microphone and introduced myself. My heart was fluttering wildly at this point. Kaleb was tuning his guitar and we both started playing, it took a moment but I braved up the courage and started singing.

“Here we are, on the mend
My life at a crossroad
What will choose?
Where will I go?
Wanting to run,
Wanting to flee
What will I be?

It’s all going to work itself out
And everything will play out just fine
I’ll leave again
And start over next time
And It will be alright

The sky will be blue
And I am too
I don’t know which path to take
Where am I?
What am I?
Is the end at stake?

Its all going to work itself out
And everything will play out just fine
Ill leave again
And start over next time
And it will be alright

And it will be alright…” I blushed as I heard the crowd burst into applause; I smiled brightly and realized I had been crying the whole song as it was very personal for me. I left the stage and had a rush of people come at me and shake mine and Kaleb’s hand; I hugged him as he had done a good job of playing my song for me too.

His friends approached us as we left the stage.

“Hey good job you two! You guys sounded amazing!” Kyle said to us as he walked up to us, we smiled and thanked him and headed back to our seats.

“That was a lot of fun.” I told Kaleb, my face still red from such excitement.

“Yeah, it was. You sounded great, that song was real personal eh?” He probed wanting to know more.

“Yeah, I wrote it back in high school was going through a lot. Considered running away back then, but I didn’t...”

“Yeah, I had a hard time in High School to. I was into some bad shit, I’ve done well since then but…my past isn’t so cheery either.”

We sat and watched a few more bands play some songs before leaving the venue to go back to the hotel for the night. I was exhausted after such a long day and just wanted to sleep, but Kaleb and his friends had other things planned.

“Hey guys, want to come back to our place for the night for some drinks?” I considered declining but then I figured why not, it was only around 10 pm so why not.

“Yeah sounds good, I just have to take care of something quickly…” Kaleb replied disappearing into the bathroom momentarily. I didn’t think much of it and headed outside the bar to wait for him and played on my phone for the meantime while enjoying the winter night air once more. When the same sensation from earlier clouded my mind and I felt the same dizziness and confusion as before. But this time I had seen something much different and a little strange.

I was walking through the halls and laughing with someone to the right of me, the laugh had sounded familiar and the voice was of someone that I had known. We were headed to my third period math class with my least favourite teacher and complaining to each other how not excited we were.

I had finally got a glimpse of who I was talking to, it was Kaleb.

I shook my head and was back in reality and Kaleb was standing in front of me and asking if I was okay, I was alright; just confused and had no idea how to explain what I had just seen.

“Yeah, just tired.” I had lied.

“Are you sure you want to go out for drinks or would you rather just go back to the hotel? He asked concerned about me.

“I kind of just want to go back to the hotel, truthfully.” I told him.

“Okay sure, I’ll just let the guys know then we can leave if you want.” I nodded as he turned the corner to let the guys know what was happening when that strange man from earlier came up to me again from out of nowhere. His hood camped over his eyes and a menacing smile coming from his lips.

He spoke suddenly, and the words went straight into my head instead of coming out of his mouth, “Did you like the messages I sent you?”

“Wha-at?” I stuttered out starring at this weird man, trying to figure out what he was talking about.

“Of course you’d react that way, they all do.” He said, actually saying it this time.

“Who are you?”

“You’ll find out.” He replied before disappearing into the shadows. I stared at him before he turned around and whispered, “I know everything.”

Kaleb appeared again, without the guys and we took off down the street back to the hotel. The memory of this strange man still aching in the back of my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song was written by me at the top of my head ahaha